PDA

View Full Version : Excuse me????

amysusi
05-04-2004, 08:07 AM
The phone rang at almost 11 pm last night. Usually when it's that late, it's DH calling from the bedroom just to tell me he loves me. So I answered. Somebody was calling to get rates on the storage units!!! At 11 PM!!! I was waiting for him to ask me if he could look at one at that moment too. No way!! I'm already in my pajamas and the office has been closed for 6 hours and the gate closed for 2. THe lights are on inside, but I'm about to go to bed as soon as this program's over in 5 minutes.

I'm sure he could tell the disgust in my voice. I told him all we had was 1 $75 unit. Too much for him, what else do we have? ONE $75 UNIT!!! I just told you. But what other kind of units do we have? So I told him 5 x 10's from $45 to 10 x 15's for $90. We actually have 5 x 5's for $30, but there are so few, it could be a year before one opens up, and there are 2 people on the waiting list. And there are 10 x 20's but ony 2 and the owner has both.

He asked and I told him the office opens at 9, so he should be here any minute. :mad: I took the rate sign down so he can't see the 5 x 5's because with the crap I dealt with last night, I know there could be more today.

Ugggh, better go open the office.

llbriteyes
05-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Some people! Guess the world revolves around him.

L

amysusi
05-04-2004, 06:11 PM
All that crap last night, and he never showed. :mad:

VALENA-)45
05-04-2004, 06:22 PM
That Is A Darn Shame. Kept You Waiting For Him And He Was A No Show!!!!!!! I Hope When You Hear His Voice Again, You Remeber It. And Tell Him No There Is Nothing Avalible. The Nerve Of Him.

LadyBones
05-04-2004, 06:36 PM
I would be so mad!
I had someone call me at 3 am, Now i do answer the phone because DH is a trucker and i have always answered the phone. The person did'nt say anything so i hung up, they called again like trying to keep me awake, so i ended up shutting the ringer off and going back to sleep! It just makes me furious when people call after 9pm :)

ang in NC
05-04-2004, 07:20 PM
That is why I love caller ID!

Shann
05-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Maybe when he called he figured that the office was closed, but thought he could leave a message? I do agree though that it was rude for him not to show up, but maybe he felt you were mean to him and found a better price? :confused: :confused: I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

justinenycole26
05-05-2004, 01:59 AM
I agree, people do not call a business number and expect to be bothering someone at home. There have been several times when I have called a business when I know they are closed just to see if they have a recording giving their hours or something like that. I'm sure he did not expect to be calling your home.

Did he actually make an appointment or did he just ask when the office opened? If I could "tell the disgust in your voice" I certainly would not want to do business with you.

zitra
05-05-2004, 04:49 AM
I agree, people do not call a business number and expect to be bothering someone at home. There have been several times when I have called a business when I know they are closed just to see if they have a recording giving their hours or something like that. I'm sure he did not expect to be calling your home.

Did he actually make an appointment or did he just ask when the office opened? If I could "tell the disgust in your voice" I certainly would not want to do business with you.

I would have to agree. also if he just asked when the office opened in the morning, he did not make an appointment to come. That would be like me calling toys r us, and saying what time to you open? It doesn't mean i have an appointment to go.