PDA

View Full Version : I have to know something

PrincessArky
05-03-2004, 09:03 PM
I just have to know if some people find it easier to be rude to others and if so why? I just figure with all that is going on in the world today that ppl could at least try to be a bit nicer to strangers. What do you guys think?

jcw
05-03-2004, 09:34 PM
I don't think it would hurt for us all to be a little nicer

VALENA-)45
05-03-2004, 10:16 PM
It don't hurt to be nice to people. It takes more time to think of mean and nasty things, then it does to think of nice things. i rather be nice, that's more fun.

moondancer
05-04-2004, 02:51 AM
I think people are just so used to being rude they dont realize that they are rude.As for the mean people I think they have gotten away with being mean so long yhey think they can do or say whatever they want.mean people suck!!! :mad:

Quaker_Parrots
05-04-2004, 03:27 AM
At least the rude people are honest about it, I hate a 2-faced person worse, all sweet and kind to your face, and when you aren't looking, stab you in the back, but I agree, everyone could be nicer

DivineMsDi
05-04-2004, 04:20 AM
I think people find it "easier" to be rude to strangers because they don't know them. Sometimes if someone has a bad day and thinks they can let off steam, then who better than the stranger beeping the horn behind you to vent at?

Not that I agree with this. I am not a rude person. I find rude people very upsetting. I think on the boards, for example, you get rude people who think "What the heck? Let me blast someone" because they don't know you. Makes them feel superior to cut someone else down.

Some people just have chips on his or her shoulders and if Jesus/Buddha/Whomever came down and said hello they would blast them with an attitude.

Dignity above all is the best way to deal with rude people.

PrincessArky
05-04-2004, 07:36 AM
Some people just have chips on his or her shoulders and if Jesus/Buddha/Whomever came down and said hello they would blast them with an attitude.

that is sooooooooooo scary but so true

schsa
05-04-2004, 07:37 AM
It's easy to be rude to a stranger because you know that you will never see this person, but it's just as easy to be polite and nice. Being rude doesn't always get you what you want and it ruins your reputation in the end. And your reputation is one of the few things that is yours alone. You decide how you are going to act and you are the one who determines if you are to be trusted or dispised.

llbriteyes
05-04-2004, 08:00 AM
Ya get more flies with honey.

I agree with everyone. Pleasantness is so much better.

Linda

lassss
05-04-2004, 08:16 AM
I guess it depends on what you are talking about Princess....do you mean if someone bumps into you or cuts you off and doesn't apologize , yes that is rude. Or do you mean if someone asks an opinion and they dont like the answer that was given then they are considered rude. I have noticed alot of people (everywhere) can't handle hearing the truth and right away get defensive. I rather be straight up and honest with someone then to be a 2 face. example: my neighbor is always complaining money is tight. I pointed out to her she has a nextel phone hanging from her waist, smokes non generic ciggies and carrying in a 6 pack of Bud....was I rude to say that....no...she laffed and agreed.

llbriteyes
05-04-2004, 08:22 AM
Or do you mean if someone asks an opinion and they dont like the answer that was given then they are considered rude.

I always (in person) the the person asking my advice that I tell the truth. If they don't want to know what I think, then don't ask.

Linda

ahippiechic
05-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Most people think I'm rude. Maybe I am sometimes. But I'm very opinionated and a lot of times, I get accused of being rude when my opinion is different from everyone else's or the person just doesn't like what I have to say. My opinions are how I feel, I can't change that. And if everyone else has the right to agree with someone about something, then I feel I have the same right to disagree. :)

A lot of it is how a person states their opinions, too, as to whether or not they sound rude about it.

PrincessArky
05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
yep i know what you guys mean about having an opinion and I keep those to myself as much as I can because I am terrible at lying and some ppl will never be able to handle the truth. What i was talking about was being really rude...........my mother is one of the rudest ppl that i know and she does it on purpose i was just wondering if most do or is it something they dont realize?

lassss it would have been rude if you didn't say it to her but everyone else... those sorts i normally tell them the same as you along with I dont wanna hear it cause you would have money if you didnt spend it on this this and that lol

justme23
05-05-2004, 08:00 AM
There's a difference in a person asking a question or for an opinion and giving an honest answer or opinion in a nice way... but I think alot of the times ppl get defensive because the sheer bluntness of ppls honesty really hurts... there's a right and a wrong way to go about being totally honest and you can't always just be so blunt... it's not that all ppl don't want to hear all opinions... I know I like to hear them even tho I may not like all of them... but you can't just walk around in life sayin 'if you don't wanna know, don't ask'... sometimes you have to be gentle in your honesty... I don't mean to sugar coat, I just mean to try and do it in a nonconfrontational way... that's really hard to do when ppl can't see faces or hear voices... as in this setting... so it's easy to understand why ppl get defensive.

Wimzik
05-05-2004, 08:52 AM
There's a difference in a person asking a question or for an opinion and giving an honest answer or opinion in a nice way... but I think alot of the times ppl get defensive because the sheer bluntness of ppls honesty really hurts... there's a right and a wrong way to go about being totally honest and you can't always just be so blunt... it's not that all ppl don't want to hear all opinions... I know I like to hear them even tho I may not like all of them... but you can't just walk around in life sayin 'if you don't wanna know, don't ask'... sometimes you have to be gentle in your honesty... I don't mean to sugar coat, I just mean to try and do it in a nonconfrontational way... that's really hard to do when ppl can't see faces or hear voices... as in this setting... so it's easy to understand why ppl get defensive.

I agree with you, I am honest and I say what is on my mind, I tend to be blunt, and alot of times when I say something people think I'm being rude. My best friend can say the same thing in a different way, and it doesn't sound rude, she just knows how to get her point across without offending people, something I have never been able to do well.