PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Bill!!!!!!!

VALENA-)45
05-03-2004, 06:26 PM
OK. YOU nice, and got your SIL, a cell phone on your plan, cause she needed to stay in contact with your BIL. At the time they were having problems and she was living some where else, with their 4 kids. And my BIL, couldn't stay where she was, cause that was causing too many problems for my BIL. And they had had a fight and she told him to get out. My BIL, is a sweetheart, he lets his wife walk on him all of the time. I had went to the cell phone company to see if i could get a cell phone for me and sweetie, my BIL wanted one, and i said fine i put him on my plan, he's real good about paying his bill, he says, why not get a cell phone for his wife, that way they can stay in touch, i said ok. My BIL, paid her bill the first month, when he saw how much, her bill was after one month of using it, he told her she has to pay her own bill fron now on, she said ok. We had the cell phones for 2 months, the company turned off the service, on all 4 phones, cause she ran her bill up to more then $800.00. For the past 2 years, i have been asking her to pay her bill, and she is always saying, ok, next month i'll start paying you. She hasn't made not one payment on the bill yet. Oh, but she can brag about taking the kids to the circus, and about getting her hair done, and her nails done, and buying a new dvd player, and going shopping for new clothes, for herself, and various other things that it takes money to do. Sweetie says, honey you need to ask her for the cell phone money, i tell him i do , and tell him what she tells me. i called her tonight and asked her again about the cell phone bill money, she tells me she wants to pay the money to the cell phone company, i told her ok. i called the cell phone company and they told me she has to give me the money to pay the bill, cause the bill is in my name and as long as that bill is not paid, i can not get another cell phone. I called my SIL back, and told her what the man had told me, she said she will try to give me some money later this week on the bill. Sure your right. S.S.D.D.D.Y. I told her, I'll call you friday. My SIL, had my BIL, take somebody to small claims court over $40.00. And, you know what, I am going to do the same thing to her. what would you do????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

justinenycole26
05-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Sue her. It is obvious she does not care about your credit or getting you paid, so MAKE her do it.

AngelGrim
05-03-2004, 07:20 PM
Nail her behind to the wall!!!!

VALENA-)45
05-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Her 'behind' is toooooo big to nailing it to any wall. LOL.

IFeelLucky
05-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Id say, send her to Twinkiesmom, shes looking for a punching bag. She punchs good cause she beats me.

VALENA-)45
05-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Oh i see you found me, you at it again, making me laugh that is. I need to send her some where. but i'll take her to court, she'll hate me forever. like i really care.

Shann
05-03-2004, 11:47 PM
I agree with your decision, when I was reading it, I thought if I was in that situation I would be dragging their booty right to the court house and getting this solved and then after she paid the bill I would have her and BIL taken off the account. it's in your name and it ruins your credit! I hope you get things solved shortly, sorry your sil is being so awful about this situation.

bribella
05-04-2004, 04:12 AM
I would sue her also. She owes you the money and if she hadn't given you anything to show good faith in paying the bill then she deserves what she gets. IMO $10/week is better than nothing at least it shows good intentions. Thats precisley why I won't loan out more than $10 or do anything for anyone but DH that would involve my name being on their bill.

ezmoney163
05-04-2004, 05:15 AM
Small claims court maybe your answer. /best of luck to you!!

EricsnKy
05-04-2004, 05:35 AM
Sue her -

although be prepared to answer why you have waited two years to pursue it. As that is one question the judge will most defintely ask.

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-04-2004, 05:53 AM
Small claims court it seems will be the only way to get any money from her.I would tell her "if you don't pay...see you in court." Maybe a scare tactic will work.

Good luck!

schsa
05-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Heck, get her on Judge Judy. Not only will she actually show up but you will get your money. If you take her to small claims court and she doesn't show up, you have a judgement against her but then you have to go through even more to actually get the money. If she shows up she has to deal with it then and there.

I would tell her that you are going to take her to court and you will get a judgement against her. And that if she doesn't pay up you will pursue this until she is arrested for not paying the bill and that social services will take her kids until she can get out of jail.

She won't like it but she might come up with some money. Keep track of what she pays and if she doesn't, off to court.

cathych
05-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Okay, I see the advice was to take her to Judge Judy. If you watch Judge Judy, you know that you have to have proof, with a big "P". Do you have proof that she promised to pay that cell phone bill, or did you 2 just agree on it with no written contract? If the cell phone is in your name, with no proof that she would agree to pay part of the bill, I'm sorry, but you are going to be stuck with it.

rlynn411
05-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Hope you get your money.... but I hate to say it...if you had a share plan and the bill was in your name only I think your going to be out of luck. Good luck to you.

VALENA-)45
05-04-2004, 12:49 PM
my sweeite, her BIL was there and heard every word she said and so was her husband. and when my BIL told her she had to pay her bill she said ok. Sweetie is a witness to it all from begining to end.

keoka3
05-04-2004, 07:03 PM
My dil, got her mom a phone on her plan, and she owed 400.00 and they turned my dil phone off too, and when she ask her mom for the money she tell her she would pay her, my dil told her she was ruining her credit she wanted the money and her mom laughs at her, like it is nothing to her, but now her mom is getting 2 ss checks on her other kids and she is blowing both of them on stuff they don't need.

VALENA-)45
05-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Koeka3~ I know somebody who does the same thing with their ss checks, and they are always crying "I don't have any money".