PDA

View Full Version : Doing a project for school

PrincessArky
05-03-2004, 01:50 PM
I am working on a last min. project for school and i would love all the replies that you guys can get me on the following ?s

1. Are you a stay at home parent? If so are you the mother or father?

2. Do you believe in spanking your children? If not what other methods do you use?

3. Do you home school your children, have them in public school, or private?

4. How much quality family time do you actually get during the week?

5. Are your children part of a step-family? If so is the step parent in the full time household or the weekend one?

6. What do you think is the single most important thing in being a good parent?

If you don't wanna answer on here (as it is sort of public and someone might know you) please feel free to pm or email me at princessarky@earthlink.net i will NOT be using anyone's names in my report; just more or less wanna figure out some percentages for these ?s.

I am trying to compare the difference in children's lives today with the lives or children in the early 1990's so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx everyone in advance.

tiffany21
05-03-2004, 01:57 PM
you have mail

catssass
05-03-2004, 01:58 PM
1. Mostly a stay at home mother, I work VERY part-time.
2. I have spanked on occasion, but usually sent to room worked.
3. Public School
4. Lots of quality time, I am very lucky to be able to be home as much as I am, I am
able to do lots of things with my kids, here at home and school things.
5. No, we have been married 25 yrs. and have DS 24 & DD 15
6. The most important thing is a SENSE of HUMOR, and never take anything personally,
kids go through phases and everything you think is awful will pass, and it DOES get
better.....

texasgander
05-03-2004, 01:58 PM
1. no
2. yes
3. public school
4. not very much
5. My 23 yr old son is, but he doesn't live at home anymore
6. Loving your child no matter what

DivineMsDi
05-03-2004, 03:30 PM
MOTHER. Yes I stay at home and do not work.

2. Do you believe in spanking your children? If not what other methods do you use?
NO...I HAVE NEVER SPANKED MY CHILD. HE'S 6 years old.

2. Do you home school your children, have them in public school, or private?
HE goes to public school, but I supplement his work with some teaching of my own (review letter writing and so on).

3. How much quality family time do you actually get during the week?
A LOT!!! He gets a lot of attention from both myself and DH as he is an only child.

4. Are your children part of a step-family? If so is the step parent in the full time household or the weekend one?
NO.
5. What do you think is the single most important thing in being a good parent?
Putting the needs of your child first over your own. Not that you spoil the child by running around for him or her, but that you do not live your life so the child suffers (as in you do not do drugs or party or leave your child with people who will harm him while you pursue your own thing..)

Tracy'sMom
05-03-2004, 03:38 PM
1. Yes, mother
2.Yes, mainly use other punishments but if need be She does get spanked
3.We spend alot of time together. She is the only child. Hubby spends as much time as He can with her and I believe its quality as well.
4.no
5.Love and discipline
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PrincessArky
05-03-2004, 07:41 PM
thanx everyone for the replies (and the email tiffany21) you guys have helped me out more than you know :)

kriskay
05-03-2004, 08:09 PM
I am working on a last min. project for school and i would love all the replies that you guys can get me on the following ?s

5. Are your children part of a step-family? If so is the step parent in the full time household or the weekend one?

If you don't wanna answer on here (as it is sort of public and someone might know you) please feel free to pm or email me at princessarky@earthlink.net i will NOT be using anyone's names in my report; just more or less wanna figure out some percentages for these ?s.

I am trying to compare the difference in children's lives today with the lives or children in the early 1990's so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx everyone in advance.
1. I am a stay at home mom.
2.I have spanked out of desparation, but it doesn't work. I think the most successful thing is taking away privlidges.
3.My daughter is in a public school. My son is in a private preschool. But he will be going to public school next year.
4.Not a whole lot. Maybe an hour or two. But between them getting home from school, me doing dinner and dishes, not a lot.
5.There is a live in girlfriend and her daughter at dads, I am not sure if that qualifies as step or not. I live with just the kids.
6.The single most thing in being a good parent is understanding and compassion. We have to realize it is as hard for them growing up, as it is for us dealing with it.

PrincessArky
05-03-2004, 08:20 PM
kriskay thank you so much for answering..........this project is going to fall together because of all of you here at BBS

queenangie
05-03-2004, 08:24 PM
1. Are you a stay at home parent? No

2. Do you believe in spanking your children? Yes, when they are grade school or younger. A swat is not a beating. If not what other methods do you use? Time out, loss of computer time, loss of tv time, loss of video games, and the like, depending on the age of the child.

3. Do you home school your children, have them in public school, or private? Both went to Christian schools K - 8th. Public freshman - senior.

4. How much quality family time do you actually get during the week? We eat supper together every night as a family priority. I'd offer 20 hours / week.

5. Are your children part of a step-family? NA

6. What do you think is the single most important thing in being a good parent? Loving your child and everything else will fall into place.

PrincessArky
05-03-2004, 09:12 PM
queenangie thanx so much i have your answers calculated in as well as all the others :)

bribella
05-04-2004, 04:48 AM
1. stay at home mom
2. I rarely spank my children. I take away priviliges and if that doesn't work I will give them a swat on the bum.
3. My 5yr old will start public school kindergarten in the fall and the 2 youngest are at home with me.
4. Since I am with my kids 24-7 we get a lot of quality family time, DH spends time w/ the kids when he gets home and usually takes our DS fishing on the weekends.
5. No steps here.
6. Setting a good example for your kids, showing them unconditional love, teaching them morals and responsibility for ones own actions.. and the parents need to show the kids that they(parents) love each other and do not fight in front of your kids if possible.

Freebeemom
05-04-2004, 05:39 AM
Yes, Mother
2. Do you believe in spanking your children? If not what other methods do you use?No, but sometimes I do give a quick pat to the heine~ mostly time outs and consequences...like removal of a cherished item for a period of time and a discussion of behavior (this all depends on severity of the crime!)

3. Do you home school your children, have them in public school, or private? Public School, but I do work with them at home as well

4. How much quality family time do you actually get during the week? With me and the kids, A LOT, but including dh, not as much (he works a lot)

5. Are your children part of a step-family? If so is the step parent in the full time household or the weekend one? Nope

6. What do you think is the single most important thing in being a good parent? Do unto others as you would have done to you...being aware of who you are makes it easier to be a good parent. This way, you aren't sending mixed messages to your children.

bears984
05-04-2004, 05:48 AM
1. Are you a stay at home parent? If so are you the mother or father? I am a working mother

2. Do you believe in spanking your children? If not what other methods do you use? No I do not spank my children I talk to them and I use the form of grounding, and extra work around the house.

3. Do you home school your children, have them in public school, or private? Public

4. How much quality family time do you actually get during the week? at least 4 hours a day

5. Are your children part of a step-family? If so is the step parent in the full time household or the weekend one? My oldest son is not my husbands but his step dad has been there from day one.

6. What do you think is the single most important thing in being a good parent? Love your children help them to grow to love others

Angelseyes28
05-04-2004, 05:57 AM
1. Stay at home mom
2. Yes
3. Public school
4. Probably about 20 hours a week give or take a couple hours.
5. Nope no step family.
6. Teaching them to be kind hearted towards others and showing them unconditional love even when you would rather wring their neck;)

Good luck on your project:)

PrincessArky
05-04-2004, 07:30 AM
thanx again guys for taking the time to answer these questions for me :)

THEpouty1
05-04-2004, 08:24 AM
*Stay at home mom, yes.

*I believe in spanking (not beating, of course), but I don't really ever spank my kids, I usually send them to their rooms, not allow them to play with friends, no tv.. that kind of stuff.

They're in public school.

*Being at home with my kids, I get A LOT of quality time with them; not so much with dh, though.

*No step family

*I think a lot of patience, understanding, the ability to not let the little things get under your skin, and of course unconditional, yet tough love.. that's not a single thing lol, but it's hard to pinpoint one thing.

PrincessArky
05-04-2004, 09:14 PM
thanx guys for posting here............this really is going to help me :)

Airbuswife
05-04-2004, 09:34 PM
I emailed ya ;)

PrincessArky
05-04-2004, 09:44 PM
I emailed ya ;)

got it thanx soooooooooooo much

ImaGApeach
05-04-2004, 10:01 PM
As of 3 yrs ago yes-mother
2. Do you believe in spanking your children? If not what other methods do you use? Yes but do practice other methods like losing privaledges,grounding,etc.

public school
some but not as much as I'd like to
5. Are your children part of a step-family? If so is the step parent in the full time household or the weekend one?no

6. What do you think is the single most important thing in being a good parent? love