PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re: The Zone diet??

JazzMama
05-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Is anyone on this? Me & hubby are starting it today, and so far so good (it's only 10am - LOL), but I was just curious to see if anyone else has done this? It seems like a really healthy way of eating (i.e. portion control, limited amt of carbs/fats), but I'm a little stuck on ideas for snacks since you have to eat at least one of each carb/protein/fat. The only fat I can incorporate at work is peanuts/almonds.

Like I said, I think this is the healthiest diet I've seen as of late that is also really user-friendly. So, come on guys - suggestions, opinions. . . let's hear
'em! :D

PreciousDarlin
05-03-2004, 10:02 AM
I did this diet in high school and it really works....I lost 20 lbs in a month's time. But, like any other diet, the mment you go off of it, you gain everything back. You can buy Zone Diet bars at Walmart and Kmart and places like that. Half of a bar is a one block snack. Everything in the bar is balanced and you don't have to worry abou coming up with your fats. Other than that, cottage cheese with some type of fruit (pineapple or pears is my favorite) was probably my favorite snack......usually ate peanuts or some kind of nut for 'desert'. Good luck with it. Let me know how it goes.