PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Recipes, please

Shann
05-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Hey all, I'm looking for some healthy recipes and thought you all would be able to recommend some real good ones. I'm trying to lose some weight, so nothing too fatty please. Also, I don't eat much meat, just beef, turkey, and chicken, so will you only send recipes that have those in it or can be subsituted and will still taste good? Thanks in advance! :)

Shann
05-03-2004, 05:34 PM
No one has any healthy recipes? What about your fave atkins recipe?

DBackFan
05-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Try lowcarbfriends.com and click on recipe room or go to the bulletin boards and go to recipes. Lots of great stuff there with lots of reviews. :)

Angel~Chihuahua
05-03-2004, 07:29 PM
I am the same way, no red meat our way, we always use ground turkey instead of hamburger.

Tater tot casserole

Ground turkey 1-2 lbs in the tubes is what i always use
Large Family size can of cream of mushroom soup
Tater Tots

Brown ground turkey, drain, mix with cream of mushroom soup, put in a pan to bake in oven, cover with tater tots, bake at 250-300 degree's until tater tots are done.

I always mix in peas and green beans into the turkey and cream of mushroom mixture.

I will come up with some more and post them.

kriskay
05-03-2004, 08:18 PM
I don't have any recipes, but some helpful advice. When following recipes, substitute, butter buds for butter, Soy oil for vegetable oil, fat free sourcream for regular, etc, etc. Also go to a meat market rather than your grocery store to get the leanest cuts of meat. Has worked for me.

catdance
05-04-2004, 07:51 AM
I have a bunch, you can E-mail me if you want. On the Tater-tot one above, try using Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup, I make chops and chicken breasts, using Fat Free Cream of Mushroom and others for gravies, and at no loss for taste, actually, no loss. I use brown rice, because it is simply better for you, I use chicken broth for Mashed Potatoes, and cooking rice, alot of flavor, not fat. Also, I cook veggies that way. So we do eat potaotes but really use more grains, cous-cous, quinoa, all very good for you.
And I drink milk everyday, I think that idea Dr. Phil has posed if you drink milk everyday, you can lose weight, oddly, I am not overweight, but I have lost a few pounds, thru eating well and milk, and excersice...
that's some ideas for you, I really wrote acookbook, and as a Chef, I never use cookbooks, anymore, I just grab ideas, and cook.. :) !