PDA

View Full Version : Mother Vent

flute
05-02-2004, 10:05 AM
We were talking about my sister the other day.
Seems either her washer or dryer died, and she called mom & dad to not only bring her a new one but to dispose of her dead one.
Mom was just saying how wrong that is of a 23 year old woman who is living on her own. (I agree) She is, as far as I can tell, financially dependant on them.

Then, mom made some kind of comment about how me & my husband aren't self sufficient. Excuse me? She said, because of our tent, we are not self sufficient.
Let me get this right. You've co signed every loan my sister takes out, financially pay her bills, bought her 4 vehicles (whereas only bought me 2), bought the washer & dryer, replaced whichever broke, don't say a word to her about any of this.

Yet, because we camp out 2x a year and yes a whole 2x a year ask them to help us put up a tent (a small tent that mind you doesn't take more than 3 hours a YEAR to put up), mike & I aren't self sufficient?

I think mom's been forgetting her medication again. :mad:
((nope I'm not saying that cus I'm mad, seriously she has a huge mood changes when she forgets her medication))

cpbaby
05-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Oh, I know. Its amazing how the fairly responsible ones get the lectures and the "slackers" get all the help with out the lectures. Thats how it is with my little sister and me. I get lectured for spending money I worked for and saved up for things but my mom bails my sister out all the time-speeding tickets, deposits for utilitites when she moves(2x a year), you name it, she does it. I asked my mom last week to keep my Sophie last night so I could work on my final rpojects for my classes and I got a lecture on how they(mom and dad) mightve wanted to do something together, but she made SURE to go to the store this morning and buy my sisters favorite food to cook for dinner since she is going to be there today.

OH, Im sorry to vent in your vent, but I wanted you to knwo you are not alone. At least your mom gets better is she takes her meds. My mom has no meds to take.

VALENA-)45
05-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Your Mom was just venting, she didn't mean to make you mad. To her if all she talks about is your sister and don't say a thing about you and hubby, you would feel like everything is about your sister, and she don't care about you. Moms never say sorry for anything, cause they feel they are mom and can say and do anything they want, cause they have that right, and you have to live or deal with it. your Mom didn't mean nothing by it, she was just throwing a little curve. to see how you would take it.

twinkiesmom
05-03-2004, 06:58 AM
woah, if u got 2 vehicles from your mom . . . consider yourself lucky. I never got a damn thing from my mother. If you are on your own . . . you are on your own. I was having hard times in my 20's and couldn't pay my prescription bill on meds I needed for epilepsy . . . and my mom paid my $150 bill. I think that was the most I got offa my mother. And if your mom has a problem w/how her kids are living . . . your sis sponging offa her . . . She needs to learn to say no when sis needs money. And if she's gonna continue to help sis out . . . she's gotta quit complaining about it. Cuz your mom is creating the complaint. If she'd learn to say No . . . then she wouldn't hafta complain about how much money is going to the girl. No advice from me on the 'not self sufficient' prob. I know if it was me . . . . I wouldn't be asking for any help from her anymore. For anything! Babysitting, etc. Uh uh. Cuz if she has a tendency to throw things in your face about helping you . . . I wouldn't even give her the opportunity.