PDA

View Full Version : What Can Your Hubby, Or Man Do For You, To Say I Love!????

VALENA-)45
05-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Just Answer The Question. Simple. What Can He Do?????????

EMSnurse
05-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Not sure why you're asking, but other than the obvious (telling you), I believe it's just something you know in your heart. It's the way he brings a cup of coffee in the morning, or the way he touches your hand. I don't think it's something he needs to prove. If that's the case, it probably isn't love on either partners side. Just my opinion...

cpbaby
05-01-2004, 07:02 PM
I dont know what he can do, but he does keep my oil checked in my car, keep sthe oil changed, keep my tires checked, starts my car in the mornings, gets up with the baby when hes already awake so I can sleep, calls me at lunch to see how I am, calls me on the way home to tell me if the road is hot with state troopers(yes, Im a lead foot), mows the yard, keeps the yard nice.............I dunno, he does alot that shows me he cares/loves me.

There are times I wish he was more physically demonstrative, but thats not everything.

Lora_1994
05-01-2004, 08:08 PM
I agree with both ladies, you just know. My husband is affectionate thankfully but my grama and grampa WERENT. But you could tell they loved each other, he'd open the door for her when she came home from shopping, change a light bulb for her (even though she was right there and could do it), blow the foghorn at her while she was watching tv ...lmao( he used to do that to us, scared the chit outta us many,many times) .. just little things.

Brad Paisley sings a song, Little Moments and it reminds me of my grandparents and its soo sweet..

Artist: Brad Paisley
Album: Mud on the Tires
Title: Little Moments

Well I'll never forget the first time that I heard
that pretty mouth say that dirty word
And I can't even remember now
what she backed my truck into
but she covered her mouth
and her face got red
and she just looked so darn cute
That I couldn't
Even act like
I was mad
Yeah I live for
little moments
like that

That's like just last year on my birthday
She lost all track of time and burnt the cake
And every smoke detector
in the house was going off
And she was just about to cry until I took her in my arms
And I tried not
To let her see
me laugh
Yeah I live for
little moments
like that

I know she's not perfect but she tries so hard for me

And I thank God that she isn't
cause how boring would that be
It's the little imperfections
It's the sudden change of plans
when she misreads the directions
and we're lost but holding hands
Yeah I live for little moments like that

When she's layin on my shoulder
on the sofa in the dark
and about the time she falls asleep
so does my right arm
and I want so bad to move it cause it's tingling and it's numb
she looks so much like an angel
that I don't wanna wake her up
yeah I live for little moments
when she steals my heart again and doesn't even know it
Yeah I live for little moments like that

iluvmybaby
05-01-2004, 08:16 PM
I can tell you 101 ways that a man shows you he doesnt respect you, or that his love is conditional, does that count?

Cpbaby, thats so sweet! :o You ever get tired of him, you send him my way you hear?

Valena I am not sure what brought this on hun but please feel free to email me at iluvmybaby2004@hotmail.com if you would like to talk :p

DBackFan
05-01-2004, 08:22 PM
a smile from across the room.........
a hug for no reason......
snuggling at night or on the couch watching TV.....
rubbing my back.......
brushing my hair........
doing housework.......
cooking dinner.......
taking me out to dinner...........
picking me a flower..........
saying he misses me when I am gone.......
coloring my hair....
clipping my toenails.....
caring about my family and my children......

standing behind me like right now at the computer and just caressing my shoulders :)

sivohdarba
05-01-2004, 08:26 PM
He calls on his way home from work to see if I need him to pick up anything, he does silly foolish things in public to make me laugh, he does his own laundry, He says nice things about my family---even when I am mad at them, he takes the trash out, and is very generous at Christmas and Birthday time, he always tells me what a great meal I made for dinner and thanks me--even if I did accidently add cinnamon instead of chili powder to the Chili!, He tries to clean up the kitchen for me and sometimes does the dishes so I can go out and play with the kids, he brings me flowers and trinkets for no reason, but most of all he shows me he loves me by coming home every night for the last 16 years!

sivohdarba
05-01-2004, 08:29 PM
clipping my toenails.....

now...that is REAL LOVE!! LOL!!! :p

menanamama
05-01-2004, 08:54 PM
not be such a lousy piece of chit drunk abusive carp headed twit that works once in a while or boinks anything with a whole steal from me or tells me just how worthless i am..............................................i hate men!!!!!!!!!!!!

catssass
05-01-2004, 09:25 PM
I have been married 25 yrs. and I have only had to fill up my gas tank twice ....now that's LOVE :)

sahm2
05-01-2004, 10:00 PM
About once a month he takes the kids somewhere for the day and I get a whole day of relaxing and bubble baths. And he always tells me how good my cooking is even when the dog won't touch it.

Lori63
05-02-2004, 04:38 AM
My husband takes the kids (all 3) somewhere usually one evening or afternoon a week, and when he really wants me to know he loves me (or else he's tired of the mess!) he'll do the dishes.

llbriteyes
05-02-2004, 08:24 AM
My husband and I have been married 21 years in June.

He's still passionate

Its that look in his eye

Its when he's had a hard day at work, and STILL comes home to make dinner if I'm so depressed I can't get out of bed.

He brings me coffee in bed.

He touches me physically and emotionally.

He is a good provider.

He takes care of me.

He shares his troubles.

He shares the newspaper.

He decides on "It's hot tea night!!!" and makes it.

He leaves me notes.

He likes my family.

He bathes daily. (hehe)

L

Angel Lips
05-02-2004, 09:10 AM
My boyfriend calls me throughout the day just to tell me he loves me, misses me and hes thinking about me. when I work wednesday nights and unable to spend time with him, he sneaks out of work for an hour and spends that time with me during the day. He gives me back and foot massages when im stressed out. One time he lied to his boss to get out of work for while around lunch time, calls me at my parents house and asked me what im doing I said nothing and I asked what he was doing figuring he say hes getting ready to eat lunch but instead hes like im outside your house. Here he picked me up and he bought hoagies from subway and took me to the river which may i add had been the first place he kissed me 2 1/2 yrs ago. We had a picinic and snuggled up under a tree. To this day i still get butterflies in my tummy when i see him, and he tells me he loved me every minute of the day, most importantly he has that look in his eyes when he says it and i know its true. Plus i know he loves me when he allowes me to pluck his eye brows and do girlie facial mask on him and he even lets me style his hair sometimes. I love it. 2 1/2 yrs now we been together and he still opens the car door for me and he always drives with his right hand on my leg, kisses me at every red light and always makes sure im taken care of. when my uncle died and i couldnt sleep id call him and he sit up for hours and just talk with me even if he had to be up ay 5:30 in the morning for work.

VALENA-)45
05-02-2004, 09:13 AM
Nothing Brought This On. It Was Just A Question I Saw At Another Board, And Wanted To See What Everyone Would Say. There Is No Right Or Wrong Answer, To This Question. Thanks For Answering. IT'S ALWAYS THE LITTLE THINGS THEY DO THAT SAY, AND SHOW SO MUCH. :)

Gherky
05-02-2004, 11:53 AM
--He always respects my point of view and values my opinions.
--He shares everything about himself and his life, good or bad.
--He sends thoughtful little emails to show that he's thinking of me.
--He calls every night just to hear the sound of my voice.
--He always opens doors for me.
--He cooks for me and never wants me to help clean up.
--He stood by me when I was having a hard time accepting the death of my niece.
--He is always considerate of my feelings.
--At the grocery store, he never makes me push the buggy or even carry anything heavy.
--Whenever he sees one of those toy crane machines he always tries to win me a prize.
--He always holds my hand in the car, at the movies, and at church.
--He makes me feel like the most beautiful person in the world, even though I am not.

booker'sbaby24
05-02-2004, 12:35 PM
I know my husband loves me. He is so sweet and kind. I think he is surprising me with a dinner and a clean house. I took a nap with our little one this afternoon and woke up to the smell of something cooking. He told me not to come out just yet. Relax, take a bath. I said okay! I'll let you all know what happens.

VALENA-)45
05-02-2004, 02:12 PM
These are things that sweetie does for me: make me my own brand of coffee, gets up early on his day off to make me breakfast in bed, calls me on his breaks at work to see how i am, when i am sick and he has to works calls me tooo many times and wakes me up to see how am i feeling, calls on his way home to see if i need anything, holds my hand when we are going somewhere, brings me home surprises, makes me laugh, takes off shoes and otherthings when we get home, kiss me before he leaves home and kiss me when he comes home. he does so many things, that they are too numerous to post here. the best one is he got a tatoo, of a black panther on his right shoulder, with the words "My Big Black Cat, Valena". i picked the panther, he picked the words.

iluvmybaby
05-02-2004, 02:43 PM
OK now I am depressed, two years of my life wasted and nary a good memory to get out of it**sigh**

VALENA-)45
05-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Iluvmybaby~ why are you depressed??? if you want to talk pm me, ok.or you can post here why you are ddepressed and i will talk to you.

DivineMsDi
05-02-2004, 03:00 PM
There a few things he does that really make me love him. When I am ill, he will take care of our son and let me rest (so many men are not interested in childcare, but he is..) He also will be patient (most of the time) and read to our son or show him how to build and do things.

Even if I am mad at him, he can look at me with his blue eyes and I still melt and start to laugh. Then, sometimes he still has his British accent which I just love....:)

We can pretty much read each other's minds and he knows when something is bothering me.

Of course, he also knows EXACTLY how to push my buttons.

schsa
05-02-2004, 04:50 PM
He tells me I'm beautiful even if I look a wreck.
He listens when I talk and don't try to solve all my problems.
He respects my opinion and seeks it out.
He spends time with me even though he works 12 hour days.
He makes me laugh.
He loves me in every thing he does and every thing he says. He doesn't always have to tell me, I know it.

joesbaby
05-03-2004, 06:57 PM
lets see what does my husband do to show me his love...well lets see..he buys me the nicer safer car so im comfortable and safe when i drive, gives me a nice computer for my birthday, gave me his horse so i felt safe enought to ride, buys me nice things..thats what he does thats money wise...but otherwise...
he takes the hooks out of my fish when i catch one cause i hate it...lets me sleep the extra 20 minuts and gets the kids up for me for school, watches teh judge shows cause i love them, uses the flowery shampoos cause i like them, and lays there all night if im sleeping on his shoulder..even when it goes to sleep just cause he dont want to wake me up by moving.lol..thats waht comes to mind at this moment..ill probly think of more..good question tho.
ericka

VALENA-)45
05-03-2004, 07:03 PM
I didn't want the guys to feel left out, by thinking this is or was a womens only question. Come on fellas, y'all can answer, too. I know your out there.

joaimee
05-04-2004, 07:22 AM
My husband brings me coffee in the morning, laughs at my jokes (even when they are not funny), listens to and values my opinion, he's always trying to make me laugh (usually be mooning me, lol!). There's a million little things he does, so I really couldn't list them all. One that really stands out is that when I said I would like to have a certain kind of cattle, he bought a horse trailer and drove all the way down to Roanoke, Va and back to bring them home to me.
He is my best friend. I admire and respect him, to me he is noble. I have known him since we were 15, we have been married for nearly 6 years. To this day, I cannot look at his big strong, scarred hands without thinking what those hands can do to me. One look from those big blue eyes and I am done for! When I married him, I thought I could never love him any more than I did already. I was wrong, I love him so much more than that day now, and more each day after that! He is the love of my life and I thank God for him every day!
I think you know that you are really loved when someone doesn't understand you, but loves you anyway.

llbriteyes
05-04-2004, 08:07 AM
I think in the other thread, the lady who blew burps on her husband, wins!

Linda

hotdoglove
05-04-2004, 01:07 PM
all your others are so lucky!!! i wish ny hubby would actually be here once in awhile :(

VALENA-)45
05-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Hotdoglove~ Your husband will come around and do these things for you, too in time. just be patient, change comes with time. it took time for my sweetie to do the good things for and with me, to show and tell me he loves me, cause he had been married 3 times before me, he wasn't sure about me, but i showed him i am worth being with, and that i am the right woman for him. talk to your husband, and tell him how you feel.

hotdoglove
05-04-2004, 01:43 PM
thank you :) believe me I'm trying to keep happy thoughts!

VALENA-)45
05-04-2004, 01:50 PM
i wrote you in your post. i have to go offline for awile , but i will be back, if you need to talk pm me.

LadyBones
05-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Well My husband and i will be married for 18 years come this June, He is a trucker and gone alot, But he loves me so much and i love him!
We hold hands all the time when we are together, he kisses me just out of the blue, we cuddle on the couch and watch tv together, he always say's " I Love you " when we hang the phone up after talking or when he leaves for the road and say's "goodbye" He will say "I love you", I do stupid things and he forgives me and tell's me i am his baby doll, I love you no matter what you do.
I don't work and he take's care of us, he does not want me to work and never has wanted me to work, even if we could use the extra money, he just does not want me to work as he likes it that if i want to go on a run with him i can get up and go. We go out for breakfast or lunch together when he is home, just the two of us.
He does'nt buy me flowers, he does'nt get me cards or buy me gifts, Its just he is there for me and we love to be together, He is my best friend and i am his.
Oh it just did'nt happen over night, the love grew as we grew together ;)

deejen
05-04-2004, 10:02 PM
how about when he says i still look good after 25 yrs even though i am a bit heavier and he puts up with my crazy family

suziebee20
05-04-2004, 10:10 PM
He can come over when no one is home but me at 11 AM, lay on my bed next to me, and watch Center Stage with me without complaining that he wants to "do something else" and best of all- he can act like he's remotly interested all the ballet scenes. :p

justinenycole26
05-04-2004, 10:27 PM
He is an awesome father
He keeps the laundry done and does most of the cleaning
He brings me Tylenol and a glass of water when I have a headache
He makes me lie down and put my feet up when my knee is hurting
He watches girly movies with me
He carries in all the groceries while I start putting them away
He makes sure i have cigarettes even though he doesn't smoke
He brings me coffee in bed
He makes new recipes he thinks I will like
There are more things I can't think of right now

mcpixy
05-06-2004, 03:02 PM
My husband and I have been married 21 years in June.

He bathes daily. (hehe)

LOL that's a plus. I wish I could say that for mine.

He is a sweetheart though, he is willing to sacrifice in order to provide for the family. He doesn't need to but it's the fact that he is willing that impresses me.

ezmoney163
05-06-2004, 07:29 PM
All he has to do is come home to me!!! :)

He kisses me good morning and good night.

Just to reach over and hold my hand.

Walk by me and make sure he touches me , even just a brush by.

Just being himself makes me know he loves me.

MsLynn
05-06-2004, 07:33 PM
well i don't have a husband/boyfriend or anything like that but i do have one really good friend :) that i talk to alot and see when i can. everymorning he calls and says "good morning beautiful" and sometimes when he's somewhere and that song is playing on the radio he'll tell me "hang on a sec" then put the phone down by the radio

sorry i know its lame, but thats the best i get these days, lmao

VALENA-)45
05-07-2004, 06:48 AM
MsLynn~ Even having a male friend is liked having a man. You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!