PDA

View Full Version : Finals time....

Linus1223
05-01-2004, 03:50 PM
I think my head is going to explode.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

schsa
05-01-2004, 05:02 PM
My rule was to study until 10 pm and after that whatever happened, happened. You can only cram so much in and after that, it's either going to be the test of your dreams or nightmares.

Don't worry. In 5 years no one will care whether you got an A or a D. :eek:

cpbaby
05-01-2004, 05:33 PM
I have finals next week too. I can hardly wait. :rolleyes: You have my deepest sympathies.

Today I sent my baby to my moms for the night so I could work on my two final projects. I have spent over 5 hours working on a webpage and still have a 5 page "Human resources website analysis" to do with sources in MLA or APA(?) format. I hope to get the webpage up later tonight and have time to at least do a rough draft of my analysis before I collapse tonight. :D

Oh well, Wednesday it is over. Until Summer Session starts on May 25. I plan on binging on trashy books till then. lol

Linus1223
05-01-2004, 05:57 PM
cpbaby - are you an HR major? That's what I'm majoring. It's actually "Human Resources Management and Industrial Relation" and I'm minoring in Business Administration.

You know the best class I ever took was the one were if you got an A in the class - you were exempt from the final...You can believe me that I did my absolute best in that class.

I have two finals on Wednesday and two more on the following Tuesday. And two of them are cumulative. UGH!! At least my fifth final is a take-home. GOTTA LOVE those!

cpbaby
05-01-2004, 07:10 PM
cpbaby - are you an HR major? That's what I'm majoring. It's actually "Human Resources Management and Industrial Relation" and I'm minoring in Business Administration.

:D How did you know? Well, Its technically called Organizational Leadership, but yeah, its Human Resources. With a double minor. Crazy, huh?

I have finals in "Personnel Managment" and "Internet Concepts" that I can take anywhere from Sunday to Wednesday.(Internet classes) I also have some type of mess due in Business Writing on Wednesday too. ALSO, the "Personnel Managment" and "Internet Concepts" classes are the classes I have these projects in. Im having a BEAR of a time finding a place to put my webpage up on so that I can turn that blasted URL into my professor.

gemini26
05-01-2004, 07:43 PM
I feel the pain! I have a 5 page paper for my national government class on the viability of the electoral college due on Monday and a 12 page paper for my economic geography class on how medical facilities locations are determined due on Thursday. I also have a 21 question take home for my Accounting Information Systems class with another one coming on Wednesday and an in class one during finals week. Another 10 question essay one for my state government class. Then of course I have my actual finals exams for the above classes and others. I am taking 21 credits. Just two more weeks! Plus I coach a baseball team, am on the board, and work 30 hours a week.

cpbaby
05-01-2004, 07:49 PM
. I am taking 21 credits. Just two more weeks! Plus I coach a baseball team, am on the board, and work 30 hours a week.

No offense, BUT CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY!!! 21 credits??? Geezy Pete!

I have 9 hours this semester with a newborn(semester started the day I got out of the hospital andi had a c/s), Im working 37 hours a week and my 10 yr old is playing Little League. I did have 12 hours but had to drop a class since I wasnt allowed to drive for 4 weeks and it was my only "on campus" class.

gemini26
05-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Lol, both my 8 and 12 year old are playing little league. I am equipment manager and doing uniforms right now as well as being a coach. 21 credits because I want to graduate in December. I'll take 21 in the fall as well. I do give myself the summer off. Before this i only took 12 - 14 credits. I take two of the classes online. I still have to drive to town five days a week which is 30 miles one way. At least I don't have an infant!

cpbaby
05-01-2004, 08:25 PM
I could do that, but decided it might be best if I actually graduated with some hair left on my head. lol. I will graduate after next summer's session(2005). However, considering that I just got my Associates degree a year ago and only take 9 hours a semester, getting a Bachelors in 4 years and an extra summer with a double minor isnt bad at all. Especially since I had my little "surprise" in there.

I work 30 miles away too, so thats a trip I take everyday. I swear, somedays the drive the only peace I get.

I only need one class to get my second Associates degree, but thats the one I dropped this semester so I may never get it. Do you think I will survive with an AS in Information Technology(cisco) and a BA in Organizational Leadership with my minors being Web Design and Organizational Systems Technology or should I try to get the second AS in Microsoft? :D

DivineMsDi
05-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Good luck with finals and classes...no matter how bad it seems now, some day it WILL NOT MATTER.

U will be fine...think of it as the home stretch....good luck...
(I remember the feeling of throwing away my notebooks after finishing my history finals...woooohoooo).

Dizzyontheweb
05-02-2004, 04:06 PM
It will all come to an end sometime. I know because on the 16th of this month, I will be walking across the stage to get my associate's degree. And at the age of 40 at that!

PrincessArky
05-03-2004, 09:13 PM
My thoughts go out to all of us doing finals this month....this has been the hardest semester for me with 3 kids (one was 2 wks old when we started back) and all their activities............i really want to take the fall off as well as the summer lol but hubby says no :(

cpbaby
05-03-2004, 09:31 PM
PrincessArky, I totally understand. I had a c/s on Jan 9, semester started on Jan 12-the day I got out of the hosital. I am afraid if I take the summer off, I will like it and not go back.

I am DONE, I think. I made an 80% on the Human Resources final, a 98% on the Internet Concepts final, turned my webpage link in, finished my five page Human Resources website Analysis(but will proof read it tomorrow before submittig it) and have finished my Business Writing.

I need a nap. lol

PrincessArky
05-03-2004, 09:57 PM
cpbaby sounds like you did good..........see isn't it nice to prove it to everyone but mainly ourselves :) I am sure that everyone is going to do just great on finals and we will all be one step closer to a degree :)

VALENA-)45
05-03-2004, 10:41 PM
All of y'all going to school, GOOD LUCK, WITH ALL YOUR CLASS AND TERM PAPERS. Y'ALL GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!