PDA

View Full Version : A couple gripes

amysusi
04-30-2004, 07:54 PM
This morning all the kindergartners at Bug's school put on a program. It was to show the parent what they've learned, and also an orientation for next year's kindergartners of which Nowee is one.

We get seats about 5 rows back. Not so bad I guess. I couldn't see more than 1/4 of the kids though. The first 3 rows were all adults. They sat still enough I could get a good view of Bug. But the lady in the 4th row, right in front of me...AARRRGGGHH! She wouldn't sit still. She would pick up and baby her daughter (whom I came to realize was one of next year's kindergartners), or lean forward to talk to the the people in front of her which closed the gap through which I could see Bug. Dh would ask "did you see that?" And I would say, "No, I can't see anything." There were 5 empty seats in front of me, and she had to sit in the one directly in front of ME! But if you stand up to see anything, you make all those people with video camera's mad. And did anyone else besides us get sitters for our other kids? It didn't seem like it. I couldn't hear parts of the program through all the fussy, crying kids. And they were using a microphone!

But anyway, it was still cute. And it makes me see how much of a baby Bug is. He's still just my baby.

Then I went straight to my Dr. appt. Good appt. until it came time for the blood draw. I had to do it in my right arm because just a week ago I donated at a blood drive with my left. So the guy pokes, but I swear he's wiggling it! I can't watch these things being done to me. I can watch others, just not myself. And it seemed to take FOR-EV-ER!! When I feel him take it out, I look, and he shows me the vials. I guess he had to take 3 and the first one filled up fine, the 2nd started getting slow, and the 3rd quit halfway. So he had to poke me again. Only one other time in my life have I had to be poked more than once (and that was after a blood drive too. They ended up getting it through my hand, and that REALLY hurt, but that's another vent). Since we had to stick with the right arm, he found a vein about an inch away from the first poke. That one hurt even more. Thank goodness it didn't take long. My arm was achy for hours. And then I had DH rip off the tape. I howled. It was attached to alot of hair. This "kid" that took my blood is still a student. He did it 6 weeks ago, and I didn't even get a bruise (I usually do). I'm sure this one will be the lovliest one yet. :rolleyes:
So I'm too tired to do much today. And I'm cranky because there's so much to do. Just looking at it wears me out more. Apparantly I'm the only one that can wash dishes around here(among other things).

PrincessArky
04-30-2004, 08:40 PM
sorry sweetie that you had such a terrible day :( I hope that tomorrow will be a better one for ya :)

queenangie
04-30-2004, 09:17 PM
Think positive....tomorrow will be a sunshine & daisies kind of day!

Sorry today wasn't a good one for you.

DivineMsDi
05-01-2004, 04:28 AM
Hugs to you on having a bad day....I had a BAD blood test I posted about about 6 weeks ago.....like you I bruise..I had the mother of all bruises because the "tech" screwed up...big time.. try icing the spot.

As far as kid's programs, you have to expect someone to be in the way...everyone wants the perfect photo or view of their child. Sometimes you have to take what you can get....

Have a better one today.

momfromTN
05-01-2004, 04:34 AM
I used to draw blood and let me tell you it is NOT an easy thing to do. First of all, if a person is sick or even slightly dehydrated, it is like drawing sap out of a tree. The veins just don't want to give. And think, you cannot see where the needle end is once you are under the skin. I don't think he should have been wiggling the needle, but he might not have been. I have had to slightly and lightly move the needle to get the blood to come. I agree that people need to be as gentle as they can and even if you have to move the needle, you do NOT poke and ram it around. As far as bruising, that is normal even on an easy person to stick. I would put ice on it, if it is hurting and if it continues to hurt for a couple of days, and doesn't get any better, I would call the doctor.

As far as dishes, I feel your pain. My DH is a lazy ass on that account too.