PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of people that don't say thank you -

turbob
04-30-2004, 12:39 PM
I found a cell phone in the street this morning on my way to work. Picked it up - it worked and was a nice phone (samsung) with a case. I was looking through the phone book - figured when I got to work I would call someone in there that could tell me who's phone it was, and the phone rang. It was the guy who owned the phone - so I worked out with him that I would leave the phone at the UDF store and he could pick it up there. Don't you know he hung up and never even said thank you! I should have kept that phone and got a new number.

iluvmybaby
04-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Please dont get me wrong when I say that ppl should be more polite, saying please and thank you because that is the way I was raised to be. On the other hand, ppl shouldnt expect something for doing the right thing, the reward is the personal knowledge that what you did was right/good, not a reward or a pat on the back. :rolleyes:

turbob
04-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Good point. Keeping the phone never crossed my mind, I just wanted that pat, I guess.

monii222
04-30-2004, 12:51 PM
that is so rude

freeby4me
04-30-2004, 12:54 PM
That was rude of the person. I cannot even believe that they didnt at least give you a thank you. Geesh. :mad:

hotwheelstx
04-30-2004, 01:25 PM
While I've some several RAOK'S in the past.....I don't expect any "thank you's" anymore. It's nice to hear but we're dealing w/a new generation coming aboard.....not sure if they were raised to say please, thank you.

I too wouldn't of kept the phone....never would of crossed my mind. Still is nice to hear thank you. You still went out of your way to find out who this phone belonged to, picked it up, deliver it.

I thank you for being so honest in your efforts. :) :) :) :) :)

ezmoney163
04-30-2004, 01:30 PM
I think it was awful rude for them not to say thank you you should have taken it to a different store LOL Make him continue to look for it LOL

justmehere
04-30-2004, 02:24 PM
Well I feel that is just plain rude and ungreatful on the guys part that lost the cell phone, and he should of at least said thank you for offering to give the phone back, you went out of your way to find the owner.. then dropped the cell phone off. (most cell phones arent cheap)
Ya know maybe the guy should of had the phone stolen or lost or broken.. then maybe it would teach him a lesson on how to be more greatfull for ppl that do try to help out.
Ppl like the guy that lost the cell phone acting this way really makes my a&& tired :rolleyes: JMO

silvermist
04-30-2004, 04:58 PM
this is my belief on people who don't say thank you... they think the world owes them something and go about life never learning how to thank things in life. Anyway I think those type of people are so rude. Here you are going OUT of your way to give them the phone. Of course you deserve at least a thank you! Acknowledgement at least.

msmom79
04-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Thank You For Being The Good Person You Are I Once Returned A Wallet I Found In The Supermarket Parking Lot,and Let Me Tell You I Thought About Keeping It,it Was Full Of Money,lots Of Money,but I Couldnt Do It,i Was Not Raised That Way To Keep What Is Not Mine,i Felt Good About Myself I Was Proud I Gave It Back,and I Have To Tell You I Didnt Get A Reward,or A Thank You Either,but I Will Get My Reward In Myself And So Will You,cause We As Good People Can Feel Good About Ourselves For Doing The Right Things In Life,maybe You Set A Good Examlpe For This Person,well..... Lets Hope So Anyway!!! So I Thank You For Being So Nice And Returning The Phone Your Honesty Will Pay Off In The End.:)

Tasha405
05-01-2004, 07:06 AM
I would have stuck a post-it on the the phone that said "a simple Thank You would have been nice". lol

llbriteyes
05-01-2004, 11:27 AM
I found a cell phone in the street this morning on my way to work. Picked it up - it worked and was a nice phone (samsung) with a case. I was looking through the phone book - figured when I got to work I would call someone in there that could tell me who's phone it was, and the phone rang. It was the guy who owned the phone - so I worked out with him that I would leave the phone at the UDF store and he could pick it up there. Don't you know he hung up and never even said thank you! I should have kept that phone and got a new number.

Wow, how rude. There is NO excuse for rudeness, people. None whatsoever. "Please" and "Thank you" are COMMON courtesies. Some people. Sheesh.

Linda

1tiredmom
05-01-2004, 05:48 PM
kills me also that people can't even say thank you or please -but one day i was listening to dr laura & she said to one of the callers expect nothing & when something does go right you will be pleasently (is that spelled right?)surprised