PDA

View Full Version : Boys..(long vent)

DivineMsDi
04-29-2004, 06:45 PM
My son came home yesterday in a bad mood. I wrote it off to being tired out from school. Later I was giving him a bath and saw he had sort of marks on his wrists (like from Indian burns). I said, "what's this? Was your shirt too tight?" He didn't say much. My husband (who was forever bullied as a child) said "he's getting beat up..." (this is his answer to everything). Okay. My son goes to bed after I put cream on these marks.

Fast forward to today. My DH is giving him a bath. The marks are still there. He blurts out to DH "Timmy" did it. Starts crying hysterically. I had just arranged for "Timmy" to come over for a playdate after school tomorrow. My ds tells us the kid (he's on the bus) poked him with "something" today as well. He sits with him every day on the bus.

My DH hits the roof and says "I told you so..." I call up "Timmy's" mom but she's out. I tell the dad the playdate is off. I am not blaming anyone, I said, but I have to find out what's going on. I know boys do play rough. The father says he will speak to "Timmy." I just told the dad I am sorry but I can't have my son get hurt. I don't want the kid around anymore.

My ds is hysterical and cries and cries. I tried to explain why he must stand up for himself and not let "friends" hurt him. He is very passive. I try to tell him that friends will not hurt you. Better to have no one to play with than someone who wants to put his hands on you. He took forever to finally go to bed.

"Timmy" has 2 teenage brothers who sound very rough (they have pushed him and hurt him once so he had to go to the hospital...). "Timmy" strikes me as an okay kid but something is not right w/him and his family.

Thank you if you actually got through this vent. I am not over-reacting. I did not say to the dad that his kid's a monster. I just don't want my son playing with him anymore (at least until we get to the bottom of this).

sahmsfreeb
04-29-2004, 07:08 PM
actually i would (but then again im weird in that way) of had the playdate to see how your son interacts with this kid timmy...

timmy's true colors would have come out in the wash... in other words you would be able to see if timmy was just being rough or if timmy was truly being mean....

but cancelling the playdate was a good idea too... your son doesnt need more stress........ timmy isnt a true friend if he hurts his friends....

unfortunatly you need to call the principal and the school bus driver and your sons teacher.........
i dont envy you ... this is the sucky part of mommyhood....

keep us/me posted....

GL!

justmehere
04-29-2004, 07:50 PM
wow, doesnt this just break your heart that your son has to go thru this kinda situations..I know our kids need to learn.. but geez it is hard when it is us mommies that have to see our children being hurt for no reason :(

My dd has a friend that has been kinda treating her bad at school, problem is my dd thinks this girl is just wonderful...to me she is a over powered smart mouth :mad: I have been talking to dd about this girl, and how friends arent suppose to tell you how to act, speak, and be mean to you... I think it has finally hit dd, and she realizes she has other friends that treat her good.

I hope you can figure-out what happened with your son and his friend.. but I would of done the same thing in your situation ;)

DivineMsDi
04-30-2004, 03:34 AM
Let me add this child HAS been to my house. He is a boy my son met on the bus and a "friend." I just worry that my son is so passive and needs to open his mouth.

Today I am talking to the busdriver. But I don't see any reason to go to the school/principal and so on. The family of the boy is around the corner and if this should continue I will go and see the mother.

I am not one of those wacky mothers with one kid who thinks her child is made out of gold. I've taught and know kids will be kids. I just think at this point the best thing is to keep my son away from "Timmy." "Timmy" has issues that need addressing (he's a nice kid but something is weird about him...).

MamaFairal
04-30-2004, 06:24 AM
keep us posted ok hun???

texasgander
04-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Actually, you should notify the principal......he should have jurisdiction over what happens on the bus with students from his school......