PDA

View Full Version : I'm bummed today

DivineMsDi
04-29-2004, 08:04 AM
Like some of you know, I tried to write to my ex-best friend. I sent a letter and it has not been returned, so I am assuming she got it..Well, there is no reply so far. Now I feel like an a@@ for trying to chase her down. I guess I am living in the past because right now everything sort of stinks. My sister says maybe she didn't get it yet. She also says not to feel badly, at least I tried.

I am really bummed. I better stop living in the past, I guess :( . I suppose I am frustrated because I don't have any real friends anymore. I am one of those people who has temporary friends and then they move on. I also introduce people and they go on to be friends and I am out of the loop. And as you get older, it is hard to meet people, especially when you aren't rich and have values (but not "church material").

Sorry to vent. Some people have REAL problems. Mine, I guess, are just stupid. No need to reply.

lassss
04-29-2004, 08:09 AM
you made the effort and if she can't see that and come around then she wouldn't really make a great friend anyway. :rolleyes: Go do something nice just for you, maybe have lunch at your favorite place or buy a book you have been wanting or rent a movie and relax

ttistin
04-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Like some of you know, I tried to write to my ex-best friend. I sent a letter and it has not been returned, so I am assuming she got it..Well, there is no reply so far. Now I feel like an a@@ for trying to chase her down. I guess I am living in the past because right now everything sort of stinks. My sister says maybe she didn't get it yet. She also says not to feel badly, at least I tried.

I am really bummed. I better stop living in the past, I guess :( . I suppose I am frustrated because I don't have any real friends anymore. I am one of those people who has temporary friends and then they move on. I also introduce people and they go on to be friends and I am out of the loop. And as you get older, it is hard to meet people, especially when you aren't rich and have values (but not "church material").

Sorry to vent. Some people have REAL problems. Mine, I guess, are just stupid. No need to reply.

Oh wow this sounds just like me. I did the same thing, wrote a letter to an old friend. I have seen her a few times since I sent it, I didnt know it at the time but she had throat cancer and had to have her voice box removed. I havent recieved any kind of letter back, I am going to send her a card soon. If nothing returns I will know at least I tried to make things right.

It was so scary to mail out that letter, Not knowing what would happen. But I feel better that I did, I think of it this way. I did it for me more then anything. I dont know what happened to the two of you, but I hope that you realize that at least you tried. It took a lot of guts to do what you did, I for one am proud of you.

I also know what you mean by not having many {ok any} friends. I too have people I talk to, but no real friends {except for my dh} Because dh and I do not go out partying every weekend or anytime for that matter, no one ever asks us to do anything with them. maybe just watch their kids for them so they can go out :(

{{{Hugs}}} I know what you are going through, just remember you arent the only one.

schsa
04-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Sometimes you just let people go and move on. You meet new people every day. Someone is looking for a friend just like you are. If you don't make the effort to meet people you will never find that person.

DivineMsDi
04-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the replies. I am just a bit fed up with things. As far as looking to make friends, I am extremely friendly. But 99.5% of the people where I live are money obsessed and vacuous. If you don't live in a certain house or have the right toys they don't want to know you. As SAHMSFREEB!! She knows.

sahmsfreeb
04-29-2004, 08:27 AM

could she be like me? im absent minded and forget constantly to retun letters to people and send thank you notes....

than k god for email.......

the people at my church are so Hoity Toity... heck im catholic i practice my faith daily... god has to judge me by my and his values...i dont worry about those who put on airs in church...let emmm... but making friends on the island is very hard... people are showoffy out here and putofficsh if you dont act just like them... it is like a big clique..

praying that dh gets the job in NC or he finds another job in NJ.. then im moving and not telling any of my "so called friends" heck let em call me to baby sit and they will get "beling beep beep were sorry but the number you dialed is no longer in service" ok well i am telling on friend here... but shes originally from NJ.... go figure...

msdi stay away from wilkesbarre pa.. it is gettin scusssssyyy....

Kelsey1224
04-29-2004, 08:31 AM
I think you need to give it more time. Didn't you just send that letter a few days ago.

If I remember correctly, you didn't even know if she still lived at that address, but thought that her mother did.

Perhaps the letter is being forwarded. As someone who moved last year and who still has mail being forwarded...it takes a couple of weeks for me to get my forwarded mail.

Also...if her mother received the letter...perhaps she is holding it for her daughter to come by and get it. Perhaps her daughter lives in another state and her mother has to mail it to her.

I think you need to wait a couple of weeks before you assume that she doesn't want to contact you.

Also...even then...unless you can be sure that the letter actually physically got to her, you still can't be sure that she doesn't want to hear from you.

Blindly mailing a letter to an old address...while your only option at this time...is a pretty unreliable way of trying to contact someone.

JMHO!

sahmsfreeb
04-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the replies. I am just a bit fed up with things. As far as looking to make friends, I am extremely friendly. But 99.5% of the people where I live are money obsessed and vacuous. If you don't live in a certain house or have the right toys they don't want to know you. As SAHMFREEB!! She knows.
i dont own i rent.... boy do i get weird looks because of that!!!!

hey no taxes i can go to the beach for free... etc.... houses out here are nuts!!!

house in smithtown prices (http://www.pagelinx.com/cgi-shopper/search.cgi/lifsbo/ezshopper?user_id=21541&5_option=3&5=3679&database=fsbocust.merge&template=template2.htm&output_number=1)

now this house is by the contaminated school... see how much it sells for??? house by school but not in contaminated area.. (http://www.pagelinx.com/cgi-shopper/search.cgi/lifsbo/ezshopper?user_id=21541&5_option=3&5=3498&database=fsbocust.merge&template=template2.htm&output_number=1)

DivineMsDi
04-29-2004, 08:38 AM
Kelsey1224--

You are 100% right! I know what you are saying. She may not be there, her mom may have it, or maybe it has to be forwarded! I tried to get her email address and track her down. She may be in the next town or in PA.

I just feel upset today and this is a part of it....

I also feel a bit stupid I sent the letter. Maybe I should have just let it rest and moved on.

Thanks again. I am trying to snap out of it today. :) hugs...Diane

Kelsey1224
04-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Kelsey1224--

I also feel a bit stupid I sent the letter. Maybe I should have just let it rest and moved on.

Actually...I don't think you were stupid at all. It is a brave thing to step out in faith and try to heal a relationship.

If you hadn't taken a chance...you would be no worse off than you are now.

The worse thing that could happen is that she still isn't your friend. How is that different from right now?

The best thing...the relationship could heal and you could have your friend again. I think it is certainly worth the risk!!!

So...DON'T CALL YOURSELF STUPID!!! :p

Vanilla
04-29-2004, 11:11 AM
I sent you a PM! As we get older ( at least for myself) its nice to reconnect with old friends. I think its a nice gesture on your part to try and find her. In these troubled times its hard to trust people and easier to be with friends that know and love you warts and all. With your flair for writing I am sure the letter was lovely and heartfelt. Seek out people with similar interests. Like I said before, its too bad you don't live near me.