PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared

intimidator329
04-28-2004, 05:10 PM
There's something seriously wrong with hubby. He woke up this morning with a "stomach ache" and now he's throwing up what looks like dark blood. He won't go to the hospital. His nose has been bleeding off and on for the past month but we thought it was allergies because mine does the same thing but not as bad as his.
To make things worse, the starter went out in the truck and the only way to get it going is to pop the clutch. I can't push the truck myself. Yesterday my dad "offered" to help push the truck and instead he just leaned on it and commented on how out of shape hubby was. He then proceeded to say that we told him we fixed the truck which we didn't. We don't have $150. the last time I borrowed his car to run up to auto zone for a cylinoid, I had to put $20 worth of gas in it and I only used about $1.00. he claimed I drained his tank.
I don't have $400 to call an ambulance. I don't have anyone else to help me.
I'm really scared right now. I know this isn't making sense but my mind is going crazy.
I told my parents and they said it's just the stomach virus that's going around. my mom offered two pepcids and she said he should gargle with warm salt water. What is she talking about?! something is wrong with hubby and they're acting like it's a joke.
Why do men have to be so stubborn?
Why do my parents have to be such idiots and jerks.

schsa
04-28-2004, 05:18 PM
It could be anything. Call your county hospital and get him there. The county hospital will take you. Throwing up blood isn't a good sign. He could have ruptured something in his throat or it could be much, much worse. He does have a history of drinking and this might be related to that.

Don't worry about the money. It doesn't matter. Go to the hospital before he passes out and you can't get him to the hospital.

buttrfli
04-28-2004, 05:28 PM
I agree.. get him to a hospital ASAP. even if you have to call an ambulance! they are not going to make you pay before they take him, they will bill you and most take payment, no matter how small.

I'd be more worried about his health right now... worry about the bills later.

Think of it this way, it could be something small right now, but if he waits, it could be something major and more expensive!

Keep us posted! {{{HUGS}}}

BigLyd1
04-28-2004, 05:29 PM
I say call 911 now and work out the payment with the ambulance company later on. This doesn't sound good. I hope things work out all right. Let us know.

schsa
04-28-2004, 05:29 PM
I just did a quickie look up using the symptom of vomitting blood and what I read it could be ulcers, or something gastric. I would get him to a hospital and let a doctor look at him. It could be something far worse.

vicky122
04-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Does he drink? Could be his liver who knows. He really should go in or call the hospital.

Tasha405
04-28-2004, 06:02 PM
I also agree with calling 911 and getting him to the hospital. {{{Hugs}}}

LuvBigRip
04-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Oh my gosh....I wouldn't even have to think twice about it. Get that man to a hospital NOW. Vomiting blood is nothing to play with. Isn't your husbands life more important than the cost??? No offense, but I am stunned that cost would even factor in.

freeby4me
04-28-2004, 06:49 PM
My first thought is an ulcer and once they get that bad they need to be treated but with the bloody nose thing lately, I say at LEAST call the hospitol, They'll tell you if you should be having him come in. The information is free. Call and find out. Tell us as soon as you find out anything. {{{HUGS}}}

zitra
04-28-2004, 07:01 PM
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003118.htm

I got this information from the above link

Hematemesis; Blood in the vomit
Definition Return to top

The regurgitation of blood from the upper gastrointestinal tract, which includes the mouth, pharynx, esophagus (feeding tube that transmits food and secretions from mouth to stomach), stomach, and small intestine.
Considerations Return to top

Vomiting blood results from upper gastrointestinal loss of blood (GI bleeding). This condition can sometimes be difficult to distinguish from coughing up blood (from the lung) or a nosebleed (bloody post nasal drainage).

Conditions that cause blood to be vomited can also cause blood in the stool.
Common Causes Return to top

Prolonged and vigorous retching (may cause a tear in the small blood vessels of the throat or the esophagus, producing streaks of blood in the vomitus)
Bleeding ulcer(s) located in the stomach, duodenum, or esophagus
Irritation or erosion of the lining of the esophagus or stomach
Bleeding esophageal varices
Vascular malformations of the GI tract
Tumors of the stomach or esophagus
Esophagitis
Gastritis
Ingested blood (for example, swallowed after a nosebleed)
Gastroenteritis
Home Care Return to top

Although not all situations are the result of a major medical problem, this is difficult to know without a medical evaluation. Seek immediate medical attention.

Call your health care provider if Return to top

Vomiting of blood occurs. It requires immediate medical evaluation, so call your doctor or go to the emergency room.
What to expect at your health care provider's office Return to top

The medical history will be obtained and a physical examination performed.

Medical history questions documenting the vomiting blood in detail may include:
Time pattern
When did this begin?
Has it ever occurred before?
Did it occur after retching or vomiting?
Quality
How much blood was in the vomit?
Was the vomit entirely blood?
Was the blood bright red, dark red, or black?
Were there clots?
Aggravating factors
Has there been a recent nosebleed?
Has there been recent vigorous vomiting?
Has there been a recent episode of gastroenteritis (nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain)?
Has there been a recent episode of coughing?
Other
What other symptoms are also present?
Is there bleeding from the nose, rectum, or elsewhere?
Is there abdominal pain?
Is there blood in the stools or black stools?
Is there weakness or fatigue?
Is there coughing?
Is there coughing up blood?
Additional important information
What medications are being taken?
Is the patient a drinker of alcohol or smoker?
Have there been any recent injuries to the nose, mouth, or abdomen?
Have there been any recent surgical procedures?
Have there been any recent dental procedures such as tooth extractions?
Is there a history of bulimia or self-induced vomiting?
Is there a history of ulcers, esophageal varices, or liver problems?
Has the patient ever turned yellow (jaundice)?
Is there a history of problems with blood clotting?
Diagnostic tests that may be performed include:

Endoscopy (EGD)
X-rays
Nasogastric tube (nose-to-stomach tube) placement to check for blood
Blood work, such as a CBC (blood count), blood clotting values, and liver function tests
Intervention:
If massive hematemesis, emergency intervention should be anticipated. This may include intravenous fluids, medications, blood transfusions, or other treatments. Medications to decrease stomach acid may be prescribed. Bleeding that doesn't stop may require surgery.

After seeing your health care provider:
You may want to add a diagnosis related to vomiting blood to your personal medical record.

VALENA-)45
04-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Get Your Hubby To The Hospital Asap. Throwing Up Blood Is Not Good. I Hope He Gets Better.

tsquared
04-28-2004, 07:02 PM
i was thinking ulcers also..but now if that is what it is they need attention.....get him to the hospital asap and get him looked at...........you will always owe money so get his butt to the hospital........if it wasnt so far i would be there in a heartbeat and take him myself.......nothing is more precious than a life and in this case nothing is too expensive

Denise1972
04-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Oh My god that reminds me of the time my dads liver was bleeding into his stomach. :(
He messed up his liver by taking too much pain meds all the time. He always took more than recommended, and he sometimes drank with it. One night he came up to me and asked me if that was blood he threw up. He said it looked like beef stew. Sorry to be so vivid. Then all of a sudden all hell broke loose. He was throwing up blood like you wouldnt BELIEVE. He told me if I called 911 he would refuse. I finally got ahold of his gf to convince him to go to the ER. Sad to say he went downhill from there. He went into a coma for a week or two. Then they said the ammonia level in his blood rose so much that it caused brain damage. My daddy died 2 years ago, because he was a stubborn old man that wouldnt go to the dr for anything. Please, Please, Please have him go to the ER and worry about the bills later. This will give me nightmares the rest of my life seeing how much blood he threw up. I knew he was sick, but I didnt want to accept it. I am sorry, I have to go cuz I am balling my eyes out now. Please make him go for your sake and his

Lora_1994
04-29-2004, 05:16 AM
Girl, you need to get him to a hosp ASAP. If he wont go drag his ass there, I dont care how big or stubborn he is. IAnd I sure wouldnt be worrying about the money right now, you can always make payments. They dont demand it right on the spot. It would be a shame if it was something serious and he passed away from it because you all were worried about the money. I MADE my hubby go to the er one time because his chest hurt, it was nothing but pulled muscles, but I didnt care. Its always better to be safe than sorry.

kimp67
04-29-2004, 05:18 AM
.........wondering how her hubby is...........................

freeby4me
04-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Yes, Im wondering the same thing. How is DH doing? Any news yet? Please let us know.

intimidator329
04-29-2004, 08:42 AM
I"m not the one making a big deal about the cost, it's him. He said he rather die then get another hospital bill.
He was up all night. I don't know if he got sick anymore but he's tossing and turning.
He has an appointment next friday at the hospital at the GI clinic. He had a colonoscopy a couple of months ago and then they scheduled the GI appointment after they got the results. They won't tell us anything except they removed three polyps.
I told him I was taking a quick shower and then he was to get on and we're heading to the hospital. He looked at me, blew his nose in a sock :mad: and then laid back in bed. He's the most stubborn man I know.
He hadn't had a drink in over a month. Then he borrowed $100 from a friend to pay our truck insurance and the other part was suppose to go to the storage fee. He instead spent two days drinking non-stop. I can't control him when he gets money in his hands. Now he's in bed miserable and he says he needs a bottle.
I don't know how I'm going to get the truck started. I don't know If I can get it rolling enough to pop the clutch. My dad is downstairs now acting like his back is killing him, he's moaning and groaning. He practically yelling it. He planted like two flowers yesterday and he said hubby's problems is nothing compared to his back.

I'm going to take a shower and let hubby sleep a little while. Then his boodie is going to the ER. somehow I'll drag him there.

P.s. someone asked about my hair. It's sllloooowwwwllllyyyy growing out. I have to trim it everynow and then to even it out. I mostly wear it up so you really can't see how bad it is. Having it going from my bottom to my shoulders is a huge shock. but it makes my head feel alot lighter.

freeby4me
04-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Thank you for the update! Im glad your going to get him to the ER one way or another. You better tell his Butt that a dang hopsitol bill is going to be alot easier for YOU to take care of than a dang FUNERAL. :mad: :mad: :mad: You tell him he better get down there or we ALL are gonna come get him. Those drinks he had probably took it over the edge. He's probably in real bad shape right now. The sooner you get him there the better chance they have of fixing him up.
Keep us posted when you get the chance. :(

reckless
04-29-2004, 09:40 AM
I understand that you are somewhat concerned for his health, but what good is all the medical treatment in the world if he is not getting help for his drinking problem? And I don't mean to sound rude, but letting him sleep a little while and taking a shower etc, BEFORE you make him go to the hospital? That's crazy. Either he is not as sick as you claim, or you are just not concerned enough to get him treatment ASAP. I can't believe that your parents are so unconcerned. Maybe they have heard all these stories so many times that they believe nothing you say anymore. I say this because not even knowing you personally, I have read all your posts and I can honestly say that you have done nothing to improve your situation. You seem to revel in the attention you get from these dramatic events. Please get the man some help. And some kleenex so he can quit blowing his nose in a sock-EWWWW.

intimidator329
04-29-2004, 09:47 AM
oohhh, I just want to bop my dad. I told him I'm taking hubby to the doctor and he said you can't borrow my car. I said I was going to use my truck. then he said if you hadn't spent money on dog food, you could of bought a new starter. Is he crazy. I got the dog food for $8.00. a new starter is over $100. a used starts at $79.
I then said I'm calling an ambulance. He said you do, you better move out. I don't want them in my house.
He doesn't want them to see it cuz it hasn't been cleaned in almost a year and half. There are dishes in the sink from easter. Newspaper and clothes all over the floor. The only clean parts of the house is my bathroom (which they use and mess up because theirs is nasty) and my bedroom and computer room. the rest is N A S T Y!!
He then said, well, you better start cleaning. before you call them.
Why does he have to be such a jerk. I didn't do anything wrong.
OH, his back is cured. My mom called and asked if he wanted to go out for dinner, and now he's running around the house and since hubby is trying to sleep, he's slamming door and yelling. AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!
Hubby is still refusing to go to the ER. I got out of the shower and told him to get in and he just laid back in bed. They just anounced on the news they're closing streets off for the parade and most of them are going to the hospital.
Why? I mean I have enough problems already. Then the truck's starter goes out, our phone was cut off, I lost my internet so I have to use AOL free trial (I hate it I want my MSN back) and Hubby is really sick. Are my shoulders that HUGE??!!

zitra
04-29-2004, 09:55 AM
oohhh, I just want to bop my dad. I told him I'm taking hubby to the doctor and he said you can't borrow my car. I said I was going to use my truck. then he said if you hadn't spent money on dog food, you could of bought a new starter. Is he crazy. I got the dog food for $8.00. a new starter is over $100. a used starts at $79.
I then said I'm calling an ambulance. He said you do, you better move out. I don't want them in my house.
He doesn't want them to see it cuz it hasn't been cleaned in almost a year and half. There are dishes in the sink from easter. Newspaper and clothes all over the floor. The only clean parts of the house is my bathroom (which they use and mess up because theirs is nasty) and my bedroom and computer room. the rest is N A S T Y!!
He then said, well, you better start cleaning. before you call them.
Why does he have to be such a jerk. I didn't do anything wrong.
OH, his back is cured. My mom called and asked if he wanted to go out for dinner, and now he's running around the house and since hubby is trying to sleep, he's slamming door and yelling. AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!
Hubby is still refusing to go to the ER. I got out of the shower and told him to get in and he just laid back in bed. They just anounced on the news they're closing streets off for the parade and most of them are going to the hospital.
Why? I mean I have enough problems already. Then the truck's starter goes out, our phone was cut off, I lost my internet so I have to use AOL free trial (I hate it I want my MSN back) and Hubby is really sick. Are my shoulders that HUGE??!!

I am sorry but if my hubby was that sick I would not wait, to take a shower. I would also not waste time telling him to take a shower. You should just up and go anyway you can. Not trying to be rude, or anything, but I would also not take up time posting about how hubby doesn't want ot go to er/dad is being a jerk, I would take this time to get him up and out.

I wanted to add if you think the house is so nasty ( I *think* from other posts you are not working..if I am wrong sorry) if there are dishes from Easter, and you don't like living in a filthy house why dont you or hubby (when he wasn't ill) clean them up? Yes your dad sounds like an a**, but it is his house and they are "letting" you live there..Not tryign to say you are not grateful, but I would probably try to help clean (even if it weren't my mess) to pay them back for letting you stay. Again not trying ot be rude or flame just stating my opinion. I know if I was letting somone live in my home (family or not) I would EXPECT them to help with dishes, and cleaning of the WHOLE house.

intimidator329
04-29-2004, 10:09 AM
I understand that you are somewhat concerned for his health, but what good is all the medical treatment in the world if he is not getting help for his drinking problem? And I don't mean to sound rude, but letting him sleep a little while and taking a shower etc, BEFORE you make him go to the hospital? That's crazy. Either he is not as sick as you claim, or you are just not concerned enough to get him treatment ASAP. I can't believe that your parents are so unconcerned. Maybe they have heard all these stories so many times that they believe nothing you say anymore. I say this because not even knowing you personally, I have read all your posts and I can honestly say that you have done nothing to improve your situation. You seem to revel in the attention you get from these dramatic events. Please get the man some help. And some kleenex so he can quit blowing his nose in a sock-EWWWW.

I was going to post a reply but apparently everyone thinks my life is a soap opera so I'm leaving BBS. thanks for those who really care but I can't take all this. I'm not lying and for those who think I am, I'm sorry. I was scare and I thought...I don't know what I was thinking.

NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!!!!

lassss
04-29-2004, 10:09 AM

ITA ....*IF* this man is sick, get him to the hospital, call a taxi....what kind of people would say I don't want an ambulance at my house????? I would never let my parents treat me like I was 12...If you aren't happy..quit complaining and go get a job and get your own place....am starting to think from reading your past posts, you thrive on drama

rlynn411
04-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Sorry about your stubborn husband..... but he is an adult and I've come to learn you can't help those who don't want the help. As far as your description of your living conditions.... kinda thinking why dont' you clean it... may not be your mess but you have to live in it. Dishes from easter, house not being cleaned in one and half years ....please....why would people live like that..... let alone "tell" others that they do? Sure hope theres no kids involved in your situation!

Good luck to you.....

zitra
04-29-2004, 10:21 AM
I was going to post a reply but apparently everyone thinks my life is a soap opera so I'm leaving BBS. thanks for those who really care but I can't take all this. I'm not lying and for those who think I am, I'm sorry. I was scare and I thought...I don't know what I was thinking.

NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't see anyone say they thought you were lying, but that if your hubby is that sick you are wasting valuable time (showering/posting)...
If my hubby or one of my children were that sick, and I didn't have the money , it might be wrong, but I would bounce a check/ or at least go to some place like advance america, and take out a loan against our next check before I let my family stay in pain.

as for my comments about the dirty house.. You have complained in this and many posts about how fiflthy your parents keep the house, but if it really bothers you that much, why not clean it?

Edited to add..I wouldn't care if I or he smelled like a sewer rat..in cases like this time is of the essence.. i would grab a coat (if I smelled Really bad I would spray myself with perfume~that's what it's was orginally made for anyway~ and be out the door)

LuvBigRip
04-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Wow...you don't ever mention having children, so I say this assuming that there are none involved, so childcare is not an issue....WTH would you continue to put yourself through anything like this. If it were me.... I would NEVER EVER live in a house that is so unsanitary....I would live in a shelter first. I don't understand why can't you work if he is looking for a job? Can you not drive with him to put in applications as well? Most companies accept resumes via email now, you obviously have internet access, so that is an option as well. I know if I continued to live in the craziness that you say you live in, I would be bleeding internally too.

lassss
04-29-2004, 10:28 AM
I didn't see anyone say they thought you were lying, but that if your hubby is that sick you are wasting valuable time (showering/posting)...
If my hubby or one of my children were that sick, and I didn't have the money , it might be wrong, but I would bounce a check/ or at least go to some place like advance america, and take out a loan against our next check before I let my family stay in pain.

as for my comments about the dirty house.. You have complained in this and many posts about how fiflthy your parents keep the house, but if it really bothers you that much, why not clean it?

sounds like ya hit the nail on the head...she is more worried about posting here and what everyone thinks then taking care of her husband :confused: :confused:

freeby4me
04-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Oh back off everyone, She came here for support, Not to be bashed. If ya dont like it or cannot give support then back out.

Chiizii
04-29-2004, 10:48 AM
I have relatives that are that stubborn that they will NOT seek medical attention no matter what the arguement you are using to persuade them. Even if you call the EMT to come to take them to the hospital, they will continue to refuse treatment. When a patient refuses medical care I don't think you can just tie them to the gurney and haul them to the hospital against their will.

I get the idea that if you even try to clean your father's house that it creates such an uproar that it isn't worth it. Could this be true?

I do understand living with some of the world's most stubborn people.

I hope that this situation begins to open some doors in your life that create some change in your life where you feel a bit more control in your living arrangements.

zitra
04-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Oh back off everyone, She came here for support, Not to be bashed. If ya dont like it or cannot give support then back out.

I was not trying to bash the OP, and have much sympathy, for her and her huband..my hubby is also stubborn about going to the Dr. I guess I was just shocked, that she said she was going to take her hubby to the Er AFTER she showered, and then told him to take a shower, and then posted..I was/am worried about her hubby, because alot of time is goig nby that she could have used in getting him to the Dr. (taken a taxi/called an ambulance, etc.) I am afrais if something is seriously wrong with him, it might be too late, once they "get around" to getting ot the Dr. And was just staing what I would do about the money issue (ie bounce a check if need be).

Also just my opinion that if she doesn't like the living conditions that SHE needs to do aomething to change them (ie clean) because she knows her parents won't change, and if anything is goign to be done she'll have to do it.

missymommy
04-29-2004, 12:22 PM
{{{{{intimidator329}}}}}

I know that you are having a very tough time sweetie. My Dad is the same way. But if he is throwing up blood then you are going to have to take things into your own hands and get him to help.

I hope that things get better for you sweetie.

lassss
04-29-2004, 12:26 PM
nm lol

ladyseals
04-29-2004, 12:35 PM
I also know family members who won't go to the doc. My uncle could break an arm and just say he wants duct tape around it to hold it together, lol. Sorry what you are going through!

nightrider127
04-29-2004, 12:57 PM
The blood is dark because it is old. It could be that he swallowed blood from a nose bleed or it may not be. All kinds of problems could be the cause of it. If you have not already taken him to the ER, you need to. Vomiting blood is nothing to play around with.

ahippiechic
04-29-2004, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry you DH is sick, but I don't see how in the world you can put up with living like that. I've been reading your posts on here for a long time, and I just have to say that my bags would have been packed & I would have been at the nearest women's or homeless shelter a long time ago.

vicky122
04-29-2004, 01:47 PM
You know maybe she is making up things I did read some of the things she said she has or things that have happen to her. Does it all seem unreal yes it does. But it is my choice to read and wish her well or just shake my head and keep my other thoughts to myself. A lot of people of course can say I wouldn't stay I would do this I would do that. But unless you are in it and have been down that road you don't know really what you would do.
Now lets get on the call an abulance my d/h was sick refused to go to the hospital I called 911 the ambulance did come but, guess what he refused treatment and you know what there was not a darn thing they could do. Good thing he was alright but some things are not that easy includding packing up your bags and leaving.

VALENA-)45
04-29-2004, 01:52 PM
ITA~ With Freeby4me. If, you have not walked a mile in this persons shoes, before she wrote her post, then you can not burn her but up about anything. everyone comes to the bbs family for some sort of support no matter what they have been through, or are going through. i even have a post on here today. as a family we should try to pick each other up, not put each other down. just stating my opinon, i am so dark, you can't see the burn marks anymore. lol. i am fair skinned, not dark.

queenangie
04-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Will keep you & DH in our prayers.

{{{{{intimidator329}}}}}

DH needs to see a doctor if he is bleeding from his stomach.

Let us know how it comes out.

Army-Mom
04-30-2004, 03:16 AM
praying for your husband and hope that he gets to feeling better soon..
hugs and prayers,
Marcia

llbriteyes
04-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Honey.... RUN, do not walk from this whole situation. It CAN'T be good for you. Call 911 and then LEAVE!

Linda

sj2004
05-01-2004, 10:14 PM
If He Was That Sick Your Parents Would Have Help Or You Could Slowly Make Payment On The Medical Bills

navywife
05-02-2004, 02:20 AM
The cruelty in this thread amazes me. I also have followed this poor womans threads and she obviously needs a place to vent, feel cared about and safe. Who gives a damn if her husband blew his nose in a flipping sock......it sure wasnt any of your socks so what is the big deal?? You arent washing it so let it go! She was venting.....and as many of you have posted in other threads..."leave if you cant say something encouraging or kind"...."flamming isnt allowed", "trolls are not welcome here" yet you do exactly what you preach against. Sitting on the sidelines for some time and seeing how ugly some of you can be....it makes me glad I choose not to post often and seriously makes me reconsider revisiting this site again if this is how members treat one another! Shame on you!

{{{{{intimidator329}}}}}

hotwheelstx
05-02-2004, 03:35 AM
Couldn't of said it any better, navywife.

(((((((((((((((((Intimidator329))))))))))))))))))

booker'sbaby24
05-02-2004, 06:52 AM
I am praying for you intimidator39. I can't believe how some of the people on here are acting either.

zitra
05-02-2004, 06:03 PM
If He Was That Sick Your Parents Would Have Help Or You Could Slowly Make Payment On The Medical Bills

Sorry not ALL parents are like that. I agree that her hubby needs medical attention, but not all parents are caring, or care. When my little sister was about 7 or 8 my brother's friend kicked her. She was writhing around in pain. My mom was at work, my good for nothing step dad was at home (and this was his ONLY child~my other sisters, brother and I are all his step children), and would do nothing. At the time there was not a working phone in the house so *I* had to go across the street to call my mom, who came home. We rushed my sister to the er, she had a ruptured spleen, and spent 4 months in the hosptial (enough that she had to take 2nd grade again)...

Sorry for the rambling, but my point is being a parent doesn't make you caring/maternal/etc. some people parents or no are just jackasses pure and simple.

schsa
05-03-2004, 07:16 AM
He's killing himself. Very slowly but he is killing himself. Right now it's blood. He's probably damaged his intestines or his stomach. I would be willing to bet that he has liver damage and in a matter of time it will get worse. He only quits drinking when he doesn't have money but as soon as he gets some, he's drinking again.

I am sorry that you have chosen to live with an alcholic. But this is what you are going to have to deal with. He will ultimately kill his liver and he will die from it. They won't put alcoholism on his death certificate but it will be because he drank so much that he poisoned his body.

I know that you can't do anything about it but you do enable it. It's only a matter of time before you wake up and he is lying dead next to you. You need to start reading about what you will be facing as he gets worse. That way you are prepared for all of the illness that he will be going through.

Kelsey1224
05-03-2004, 08:26 AM
He's killing himself. Very slowly but he is killing himself. Right now it's blood. He's probably damaged his intestines or his stomach. I would be willing to bet that he has liver damage and in a matter of time it will get worse. He only quits drinking when he doesn't have money but as soon as he gets some, he's drinking again.

I am sorry that you have chosen to live with an alcholic. But this is what you are going to have to deal with. He will ultimately kill his liver and he will die from it. They won't put alcoholism on his death certificate but it will be because he drank so much that he poisoned his body.

I know that you can't do anything about it but you do enable it. It's only a matter of time before you wake up and he is lying dead next to you. You need to start reading about what you will be facing as he gets worse. That way you are prepared for all of the illness that he will be going through.

I so totally agree. My heart and prayers go out to you Intimidator. You are truly in an awful situation.

You said that he took a couple of hundred dollars and spent it on liquor. I can't imagine that he hasn't already killed himself.

My MIL did the same thing once and was in the hospital for over a week. (She had gone to Vegas and had 'partied' much hardier than her usual couple of cans of beer each night.

She was admitted to the hospital with alcohol poisoning.

I'm not about to flame you. Your situation is just too pathetic. I imagine you are feeling so overwhelmed that you can't see that you do have options.

Take care of yourself...no one else in your family seems to care.

VALENA-)45
05-03-2004, 08:27 AM
When You Are With An Alcholic, There Are Only Two Ways To Go, Either You Go, And Leave Him, And Have A Live Free On Your Own Without Him, Or You Stay And Try To Make A Life, For The Two Of You With Him. If And When You Decide To Stay, Be Ready For The Battles, That The Two Of You Will Have Over Him Drinking, In The Begining You Will Lose, The Longer You Are Together The More You Will Win. My Sweetie Is An Alcholic, And will always be one, even though he stopped drinking. And I Knew This, Up Front, But I Chose To Stay With Him. I Grew Up In Alcholic Households, My Father Was One, My Stepmother Was One, And All There Friends Were Too. It Is Not Easy Being With One, Pick And Choose Your Battles And Stand Your Ground. Some You Win And Some You Lose, But In The End You Win The Love And Respect, You Deserve. It Is Not Easy It Is A Hard Fight, But When You Start Winning , You Will See The Man That You Love, Coming Out. This Will Be An Everyday Fight, Not A Once In A While One. Until Your Man Decides To Stop Drinking, And It Will Still Be A Fight For Him Everyday, After He Stops. Alchol Is A Drug, And It Is A Worse Fight Then The Other Drugs, Cause It Is Legal To Drink, And Easier To Get. Good Luck With Whatever You Decide. IF, YOU DECIDE TO STAY WITH HIM, THERE IS A NUMBER OF PROGRAMS OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP YOU DEAL WITH HIS DRINKING PROBLEM, LIKE ALANON, DRINKERS ANYNOMUS AND OTHERS, LOOK IN THE PHONE BOOK, AND YOU WILL FIND THEM THERE.