PDA

View Full Version : Avlimil!!!!

cookiegirl
04-27-2004, 05:34 PM
I ordered the 30 free trial sample. I paid the 4.50 S&h. didn't mind i wanted to try it. Before I ordered, I called and asked a zillion questions. Not once during the conversation did anyone say to me. If you accept this free trial, you will be automatically signed up to recieve this fr 12 months at 35.00 per month. which is automatcially charged to your credit card. I get home from work today open this box and see that 70.00 was charged to my account and now it is too late to return get a refund or cancel. I can cancel for the next shipment, but it states i am stuck with this one. I called the number provided in th package. I told he I am not paying this and I am sending this package back tomorrow. She states it is too late. I told her I called before ordering, why wasn't this told to me. This should be the first thing out of their mouths as far as I am concerned, Why would anyone watn to sign up for automatic delivery before they try something like this. They have me cancelled for futre orders. I have the cancellation number, as we were done I told her I am disputing this with my bank. I will not pay this. She states, it is clearly stated on the website. I said i did not go to the website, i called why wasn't i told this upfront. Idid just check the site. It is listed their but I do not think it is very clear. Most people would miss this. I am so hopping mad I could scream.
Sorry this is so long. Not the kind of stuff I want to come home to after work.
My bank said there is no charge yet. I have to keep checking once it posts i can dispute.
Is it just me. Does this seem fair or right to anyone.
thanks for listening
Debbie :confused:

Lora_1994
04-27-2004, 05:46 PM
I'm soo sorry that they didnt bother saying anything to you about that. I've been stuck like that a couple different times and it hurts. Can I ask a ? though??

Does the avalimil really work?? I'm just curious.. you can pm me if you want. :-)

justme23
04-27-2004, 07:58 PM
That's bs, ship it back. They DO charge a 'restock' fee, but we got most of our money back. What pissed me off is they give you 30 days to cancel but they ship on the 1st of every month, which they also don't tell you, so we got charged the 4.95 and then the next 35 like a week later... I was so mad... but we did get all but like 7 dollars of our money back.

ImaGApeach
04-27-2004, 08:04 PM
Oh my-I think it should have been told to you cause who wants to pay for something that may not even work for them. I thought that was the whole reason for the free trial. I've wanted to try this but wondered if this would happen once I did-I do not have a credit card anymore so I do not guess I could have gotten the free trial anyways. That just sucks-them saying you had to pay for the first shipment without telling you about it. I would def. dispute it.

I'd like to know what you thought about the product itself though-If you do not mind letting me know.

Linus1223
04-27-2004, 08:21 PM
I think that yoy're doing the right thing by disputing it...Good luck!

aneisu
04-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Ok - here's a lesson - ANY time a company offers a free trial you are signing up for a monthly shipment, membership, etc. That's how the company can afford the free trial. When you have to give your CC number you really should ask if there's a catch.

Shann
04-28-2004, 12:26 AM
Wow! Keep us updated on what happens. That's a bunch of crap, but of course that is what a lot of companies are resorting too. I'm sorry this happened to you!

cookiegirl
04-28-2004, 05:01 AM
My bank told me last nite there has been no charge for april. But now I am wondering if they charged me at thevery beginning of the month. I am going to pull out my statement. They said i can dispute it once the charge is posted. I have no problem sending the package back.
I do think that they are very misleading. Their commercials do not mention this. I was on the phone with them for about a half hour before i ordered. I would think once in that amount of time, this should have been mentioned. Idid go back and check out thier website, the managecare direct info is way beneath where the free trial is most people would not even notice it. unless of course you are looking for it.
In all honesty it did not work for me. I will just stick with my green tea black cohash soy supplements. less expensive.
i guess this is what is meant by live and learn huh.
i will keep you posted about my dispute. this is to much money to let it go.
Thanks for all the great advice and support.

DivineMsDi
04-28-2004, 05:58 AM
Is this the drug for women to increase their sex drive??? :confused:

cookiegirl
04-28-2004, 07:42 AM
yes this is the supplement for that and energy and menopause symptons. the one that is on tv commercials. i wanted to try it because it was all natural. :(

DaLilPeachy
04-28-2004, 11:26 AM
This exact same thing happened to me. I disputed it with my bank and won. Good luck! (This company sucks and their product didn't help)

VALENA-)45
04-28-2004, 07:39 PM
You Can Dispute This, Even If You Used A Credit Card, And It Was Already Charged And Paid For, Call Your Cc Company And Tell Them You Were Not Awear That You Would Be Charged In Advance For Each Shipment And They Will Call The Company And Fight It For You, And Get Your Money Back, For You. I Have Done It.

cookiegirl
04-29-2004, 06:12 AM
I finally got my bank statement and found the charge. I could not find it when i was checking by phone, because they did ti in two charges. one for 65.50 and one for 4.50. i just got off the phone with the bank, they are filing the dispute. they had to destory my debit card, becasue it was an unauthorized charge. they said it could take up to a month. For those of you who disputed this how long did it take you. besides disputing it wiht your bank do you do anything else. I am sending the package back with a letter. This to me is fraud.
Thanks
Debbie :(

DaLilPeachy
04-29-2004, 09:28 AM
depends on the bank but when i make a dispute I get the refund within 24 hrs and THEN i have to fill out the subsequent paperwork.
Also - they made you destroy your card?? Have they done this already? If not , don't let them. There is no reason for that at all.
Good luck

cab244
04-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Actually, I don't think it's a bad idea to get a new debit card that way they can't try to charge it again if you get the refund. I ordered the one for fatigue they were advertising. It started with an A too but I don't have it in front of me now. It did state that they would charge like $75 a month. Needless to say I was on the phone the day after I ordered it to cancel that monthly committment. I knew i could always come back later and get it if I liked it. That was really crappy that they didn't mention the commitment to you. I guess that's a lesson for all of us when we see a free trial to ask what the catch is.