PDA

View Full Version : Petty Vent

muherd
04-27-2004, 03:41 PM
My freaking vaccum cleaner just up and died. well not really died it just won't suck up anything. It sweeps it all into little lines but won't pick it off the floor. I've got a home nurse coming tomorrow and my landlord is doing inspections on friday and my floor looks like someone has tracked in all the dirt from outside. I've cleaned out all the hoses but nothing seems to work. any ideas??

babymaniac
04-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Is the bag full?Also the belt might be broken. If you can't get it going ,as a last resort you can spray a light mist of glass cleaner on the carpet and sweep it with the broom.Hope you get it working

BigLyd1
04-27-2004, 03:46 PM
I don't know what kind you have but could it be the bag?

rlynn411
04-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Any chance you vacumn is one of those bagless ones? They tend to get blocked. If so take it apart to where you can shove something like a broom handle through the hose, that ususally works when my bagless gets clogged..... usually compliments of the kids sweeping up paper in their rooms.

muherd
04-27-2004, 03:56 PM
it's a bagless bissell with all the extra's. I don't know the problem is. I guess i'll have to wait until Doug gets home to see if it's the belt i can't unscrew anything done there my big ol preggo belly is getting in the way

Kelsey1224
04-27-2004, 04:03 PM
definitely sounds like the belt... Without the belt...the little beater rollers don't turn and nothing will get picked up.

babymaniac
04-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Popped back in to add ,CONGRATULATIONS on the baby! :) My oldest was born in August.

Damnifiknw
04-27-2004, 04:14 PM
There is an easy way to figure out if it's the belt or not. Turn the vac on, lean it back and if the beater bar is not rotating, then it's the belt. Plus if the belt broke you'd smell rubber getting hot.

muherd
04-27-2004, 04:39 PM
it's definitly not the belt. I was able to get the bottom off and the belt is fine. I took the long hose off of it and my neighbor and I have run a broom handle and clothes hanger down it trying to dislodge the furball in it. At least I know it will work if I can get the ick out of it. I swear I think Doug sucked up a cat in there. You should have seen the hair coming out of it.

Denise1972
04-28-2004, 12:15 AM
I like those old canister vacs my mom had when I was little. hehe You put the hose on the other end and it blew the air through the hose cleaning the clog. It was More of a mess tho, but it worked. I wish these new ones had it.