PDA

View Full Version : did anyone watch OPRAH today??

Azriel_LittleHawk
04-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Can You Beleive These Whiners??? Ok..anyone Who Wants Can To To Oprahs Message Board And Read My Reply..my Name There Is Redwiccan.. I Am Just Floored.. Thats All I Am Gonna Say..

What A Bunch Of Yahoo's!

*leaves Before I Realy Go Off*

*hugs To Everyone*
Az

freeby4me
04-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Could you possibly give me a link? Im not familiar with the Oprah message boards, TIA :)

texasgander
04-27-2004, 02:17 PM
http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200404/tows_past_20040427.jhtml

http://boards.oprah.com/WebX?13@248.9J8qbl9ly9i.2@.f0324d2/30

good grief! get in the real world people!

buttrfli
04-27-2004, 02:18 PM
I am watching it now.... i am watching this couple who makes $100,000 a YEAR and is still in debt?? give me a break!!! I don't even make 1/4 of that a year and I htink I live pretty well and have very little debt.

freeby4me
04-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Wow. Thats all I can really say is wow.

Azriel_LittleHawk
04-27-2004, 02:30 PM
well, looking over the last few vents of mine.. i have suddenly had a revelation.....

I NEED A JOB!!!!!!

hmm.. now to dig out my resume and get it looking nice..

*HUGS* y'all!
Az

ladyseals
04-27-2004, 03:16 PM
goodness

MamaFairal
04-27-2004, 04:04 PM
I watched it and WOW also....
The couple that cant live off $100,000....give me a break
If i could just make enough to own a home comfortably, and still work and just pay everything ON TIME........man o man!
Let me at em!

~ nice post on Oprah ....AZ BTW~

zitra
04-27-2004, 04:11 PM
I watched it and WOW also....
The couple that cant live off $100,000....give me a break
If i could just make enough to own a home comfortably, and still work and just pay everything ON TIME........man o man!
Let me at em!

My hubby had an uncle that died, that was very wealthy. He was divorced, and the ex wife got $100,000 a year in child support. When my MIL was in Michigan going through his house, getting all of his things/papers, etc. in order, the ex came and asked if/when she would be recieving the child support money for that year (this was in mid. January). She said They REALLY needed the money...I know she is married, and her hubby makes a decent living (nowhere was good as her ex hubby though).

I really think that at any income bracket that there are those who try to live beyond their means. I know quite a few people like that who make more than i do, though always seem to be broke, in debt. Becuase they don't budget..Hubby and I make a decent amount, but we also budget down to the last cent.

DivineMsDi
04-27-2004, 04:37 PM
If all these people making big money are so in debt they should have to see what "poorer" people do to survive. Some people are spend thrifts. If they made 100,000 dollars they would find a way to spend $101,000...

Bop them over the head and make them look for freebies and cut coupons all day. It would be GOOD for them. :p

HumblePie98
04-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Just because you have money doesnt mean you don't have debt. Almost everyone has debt.

sahmsfreeb
04-27-2004, 04:48 PM
the more you make the more you spend.....

:cool:

laughsalot
04-27-2004, 04:48 PM
I missed the show!! I was off today too!!

sahmsfreeb
04-27-2004, 04:52 PM
If all these people making big money are so in debt they should have to see what "poorer" people do to survive. Some people are spend thrifts. If they made 100,000 dollars they would find a way to spend $101,000...

Bop them over the head and make them look for freebies and cut coupons all day. It would be GOOD for them. :p

lol ohh let me bopp em lol...

they wouldnt last a minute on long island....

dh makes enough for me to stay home and let our kids be in activities...

does that mean i drive big fancy cars? nope...
i cut coupons and bargan shop! i plan my trips so i dont waste gas! my kids love freebies!. all the extra money we save we put towards my kids education...being a SAHM is like having a job... i watch the buget... i plan plan plan...

oh let me at those spenders!! lol... :cool:

Azriel_LittleHawk
04-27-2004, 05:41 PM
GRRRRRRRRRR!!! some yahoo there called me a liar!! well..ok they did it politely but still....*wicked chuckle* i despise being called a liar.. and i beleive .. they know it now. made me so mad i was shaking,...how dare they!!

reckless
04-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Az, I read your post there. Can you not get a job to help you out? Both of your kids are in school so you don't have to worry about daycare. Seems like any kind of employment would help, many people have to work to live. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do to survive in this world. I am able to stay home with my son now because my husband makes a nice wage, but it wasn't always the case. I worked McDonald's until I thought my feet would fall off to help pay the bills while my husband worked full time and went to college part time. He worked nights and I worked days so he could be home with the baby and save us daycare expenses. I don't mean to sound rude, but it is not the governments job to take care of you-you have to show some willingness to help yourself.

Now, as far as those other people on Oprah go, that is just sad. We try to live within our means, our credit is not great, but we by no means live an extravagant life.

Azriel_LittleHawk
04-28-2004, 06:45 AM
you are very correct. and even though the Dr. says i am disabled.. i am going to try to find a job. this week is "getting the resume together" and i am doing that ..more or less as we speak. it isn't the gov't's job, not for a sec. i have a few lines on some job is THINK i might be able to do. the weight loss is definately making a difference on my abiltity to get around. so hopefully in a few eeks i will be employed.
it justamazed me how .. this lady went on and on about how "embarrased" she was to be 1. shopping at the $store**oneof my fave stores** and 2. to be doing so with a purse ..that was extremely exspnsive. so.. SELL TEH DAMN PURSE!!

and here is the scariest part of all folks.. my kids and i have it easy!! there are those out there, women & kids , who live on the street. have no money. and no food. and whats worse, no hope.
compared to that? i feel wonderful to have what we have.. and feel naught but disgust at the couples..especialy the lil princess wanna be.

oh yeah.. and for the person who called me out there from this bb? i left my reply to you there.. seriously..if you wanna know how i afford stuff just ask me..i will draw up my budget..and let you see how i do survive with this..and if you recall i also said i did so "with the help of family and freinds".
i kinda get the feeling your a bit jealous realy.. i mean.. it's the only thing i can figure. ah well either or.you arn't my family, you arn't someone i am dating..and thank gods not married to..so..your opinion..is ..kinda wasted on me. while i care what others think of me to a certain extent.. for the most part it doesn't phase me.
so..everyone? have a good day!!
*HUGS *
Az

Tasha405
04-28-2004, 07:40 AM

:cool:Yep, that's what i was going to say too.

Good luck with the job search Azriel_LittleHawk. :)

1tiredmom
04-28-2004, 08:47 AM
i agree with sahmsfreeb-the more you make the more you spend-i see it in my my own household & i will be the first to say we don't need half the stuff we got or shall i say make do with what we got-we have cell phones for my dh & dd & myself-if i don't have it with me i don't freak out-you should see dh if he leaves just one of his home(he has 1 for home & his employer pays for the other one)-i could go on (yall know me once i start talking or typing -can't shut me up)

sahmsfreeb
04-28-2004, 10:49 AM
i grew up in a poor household..VERY POOR....
i never had what other kids had... but today dh works and god willing i can stay home. I COULD shop at macy's.... but id rather ebay..or go to target.. or froogle.... I COULD own a big butt SUV but i own a fuel efficient minivan which i will own for the next 10 years... our other vehicle is a 10 year old honda...

yes we eat out too much IE: Mcdonalds... but that is only during baseball season (now)

(DONT FORGET FREEBIE HUNTERS ISNT TONIGHT FREE ICE CREAM AT BASKIN ROBBINS?) tonight after boyscouts we are getting free scoops of icecream...

but every scrap of money i save can be used for our future....college retirement... etc..

my SIL and her spouse makes the same ammount of money as dh does (she works 2 jobs and her hubby works one) they have no kids and a morgage of 750 /month...

they have financial problems....
HOW???!!!!! where the heck does their money go???
i got 2 boys ... she doesnt and i have more money than her...
i am tired of everyone saying we are the rich relatives.... NOOOO i just dont spend my money... hence more cash...

but yes... 90% of the population out there spends the money they make...

how many of us NEED 2 cars? really think about it...
how many of us NEED 2 tvs? vcrs? prepared foods? gameboys gamecubes...
didnt we all exist very well before the dawn of the cell phone? we all just kept a quarter in our purse or pocket! how many of us have 2 or more cell phones?

my point is this .. we have become a gimme or a wanting society... we all want... that is natural and normal.... but at what point does it become an addicting habit where we feel the need to own items? the person with the most crap wins, mentality....

so many things arent being taught in our schools... instead of teaching "billy's got two mommies" start teaching how to wisely manage your money... teach our kids how to be self sufficient in society.. how to invest wisely...

ok im done...... here someone take this soap box it is infecting my mind again!!!!!

*burning soapbox now* :D

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea. This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy. And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches.

wyozozo
04-28-2004, 10:55 AM

:cool:

BINGO!!!! ;)

BabyDolla
04-30-2004, 03:17 AM
Glad I quit watching Oprah and all those morning shows about 10 yrs ago. Used to vent about stuff on the shows as well and get irritated too. However, now Life is easier and happier since I quit.

TX_Cowgirl
04-30-2004, 05:58 AM
i know is this the one where the guy was telling them to put 20 dollars a day in a savings account...
man if i had that would be awesome... that would be a house payment...or car payment...but lots of time... it just goes for groceries....20 dollars a day to save isnt as easy as they think it is....and if they made that much money and cant get by........i agree they should see how to get by like normal everyday ppl

Angelseyes28
04-30-2004, 06:50 AM
i know is this the one where the guy was telling them to put 20 dollars a day in a savings account...
man if i had that would be awesome... that would be a house payment...or car payment...but lots of time... it just goes for groceries....20 dollars a day to save isnt as easy as they think it is....and if they made that much money and cant get by........i agree they should see how to get by like normal everyday ppl
AMEN!!!!! When I heard that part about $20 a day I had to just change the channel. If a person can afford to set aside $20 a day then good grief, they shouldn't have any money problems!!

HoustonGal
04-30-2004, 07:03 AM
I raised a son, on my own, I taught him if he wanted something to find the way to earn the money, save and buy it on his own. That included car, computer, cell phone and .....
Now he lives in his own apt., pays his own bills, doesn't have cable, not a priority, works and starts college this fall, and sets aside every spare penney in savings. He doesn't go out to dinner, and doesn't have but one credit card he only uses for car repairs and pays it off within 2 months, even if that means, going into savings.
He knows better than to get more credit cards than he can afford, no brains in graduating from college so deep in debt that you will never be back in the black.

He drives a used car, bought furniture at the resale shop, cooks his own meals and understands that need comes first, wants get put on a list for that when there is extra money to afford them,

I guess I did a good job, I don't see my son having to file bankrupcy or having to go a credit counsler.

Learning the value of money starts at home by not GIVING your kids money, but making them EARN IT.
Remember chores and extra stuff we used to do to earn our spending money?????????

schsa
04-30-2004, 07:14 AM
People who are making that much money feel that they have to live to a certain standard. So you buy your home and your mortgage is a bit high but you can do it. You live in a great neighborhood so you have to have the right cars, the right furnishings and you have to have the right clothes. Lily Pulitzer is in and her little skirts are only $120 so why not get 2. Dresses, $180. Shoes about the same price.

Then you have to entertain once a month. Your children have to go to the right schools and they have to be involved in all of the extra activities.

And none of this is cheap. Yes, it is basically living beyond your means to keep up with your neighbors and what you think you should be doing , not what you are doing. Spending because you think you deserve it, not that you can afford it. It's all about image, not about saving money and living within your means.

sj2004
05-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Get A Job If You Need Money Your Kids Dont Like Wathing Thire Mom WORRIE About Money go Get A Job :mad: