cloves of garlic, two tablespoons dried rosemary, two
sliced lemons, and two tablespoons of crushed black
peppercorns. Cover with three quarts of water and
bring to a rolling boil. Let the steam permeate the
house, carry the pan carefully through the house into
each room so that the steam can filter into every nook
and cranny. When this is finished, open the windows
and let the wind blow through to take away the last
remnants of day-to-day tension and stress.

To Safeguard the Cook and Kitchen

Aloe has long been considered a magical/medicinal plant. Grow one in your
kitchen, or as near your kitchen as you can, to safeguard you from nasty
kitchen
accidents such as cuts and burns. Dab some aloe gel on your major kitchen
appliances, tools, doors and windows to safeguard them as well.

Garlic is well known for its protective qualities. Place a bulb of garlic on
your kitchen window, or hang a rope of garlic in your kitchen. Do not ever
use these for food--remember, they are there collecting negative energy.
Periodically, remove the garlic and bury in the earth. Remember to thank the
garlic
and the earth for their service to you.

A Kitchen Witch Bottle

A Kitchen Witch Bottle will protect your food from contamination or burning.
There are many ways of constructing these, but I like to put three needles,
three pins and three iron nails into a jar filled with salt. Seal it tightly
and shake it vigorously nine times. Place three dabs of red wax along the
seal. While you're constructing your Kitchen Witch Bottle, visualize your
kitchen as a peaceful, safe place, full of delicious aromas, and savory
food.
Place your Kitchen Witch Bottle on a top shelf of your cupboard where it
will not be disturbed.

New Pot Blessing

To bless a new pot and promote a healthy growth of plants therein, light your favorite incense. Draw a pentagram on the inside and outside bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon, saying: Blessings of earth for abundance. Pass the pot through the incense, saying: Blessings of air for fragrance. Turn on the burner of your stove and place the pot on the flame carefully, saying: Blessings of fire for purity in preparation. Stir in a little water, saying: Blessings of water for love. Prepare a favorite food and share it.by Cerridwen Iris Shea

Cooking for Prosperity Spell

To promote prosperity from the kitchen, keep a good countenance whenever you cook food and transfer good wishes to the food. Your stove is the sacred hearth. Your wooden spoon is a magical wand. Be careful never to cook in anger. Always stir the pot with a clockwise motion, and wish health, wealth, and joy upon all will will eat the food. You may say this from time to time as you cook:

The gods do bless you, when you give with love.
This is the greatest spell, which encompasses all.

http://groups.msn.com/paganhearthrecipes/kitchenspells.msnw

mom2cvam
04-27-2004, 10:36 AM
TYVM Jaime! I will definitely try these. I need all the help I can get in the kitchen! :eek: lol A little extra protection never hurt. ;)

jaimethepooh
04-27-2004, 10:40 AM
LOL yw ;)

kaylaandbrittanysmom
04-28-2004, 06:41 AM
Ty for these.I will try them tonight.Now all I need is some good healing spells.

jaimethepooh
04-28-2004, 06:42 AM
yw and i just read your thread in v/w and was just about to post someting for you in it but i will post something here for you too :)

Willow
04-29-2004, 06:46 AM
Thanks! These look interesting. :)

jaimethepooh
05-10-2004, 06:06 AM
13 Bewitchin' Kitchen Tips
1. A quartz crystal placed on or near the stove when cooking makes food taste better.

2. A pot of basil herb grown in your kitchen keeps the area safe from evil forces and negative spirits.

3. Candles keep their shape better and longer when chilled thoroughly in the refrigerator.

4. A witch's kitchen should never be without a lunar calender or chart showing the phases of the moon and its movement through the wheel of the zodiac.

5. A full moon increases extrasensory perception and is the ideal time to prepare and use potions that increase the psychic abilities.

6. Love phiters and aphrodisiacs should always be prepared during the waxing of the moon.

7. The best time to plant an herb or vegetable gardens when the moon is in Cancer, Scorpio, Libra or Pisces.

8. Homemade magickal incenses, sachets and potpourris become more fragrant if aged several months before used.

9. Homemade incense always should be stored in tightly capped or corked jars.

10. Unlucky influences should be kept away from the when cooking or preparing magickal recipes, and this is accomplished by stirring in a clockwise direction.

11. An aloe vera plant should be kept on the kitchen, as its juices are an instant cure for minor kitchen burns.

12. Herbal preparations should never be boiled in aluminum vessels, but in only copper, earthenware or pyrex to avoid contamination of the medicines.

13. Before casting spells or preparing potions, always keep in mind the Wiccan Rede: "Do what ye will an' harm none."

mom2cvam
05-10-2004, 08:00 AM
ty :)