PDA

View Full Version : Florida theme parks

dcut4
04-27-2004, 03:44 AM
We are going to Florida in late May early June
, this is a combo buisiness trip ,pleasure trip to Clearwater and we thought on the last day we would drive to Orlando and hit one of the theme parks. My question to those of you that have been to them: which one is the best to take a 10 month old, 4yr old and 8 year old? the kids really don't like rides so we need one with other things to do. So which one? Disney and which park or Universal studios...we will only be there one day.
Thanks. I have to go to work now and will check this thread this afternoon.

ttistin
04-27-2004, 04:44 AM
oh wow I dont know, there are so many parks around there. I havent been down there in about 7 years, I am sure someone else knows though.

When I was little I always liked going to sea world and watching all the shows and such.

Have a good time down there, hope the weather is nice for you!!

turbob
04-27-2004, 04:53 AM
Can't tell you with one to go to, but I can say that universal is NOT a place for younger kids - most of the rides would be scary for the little ones. Disney will be packed, so if they really don't like rides, I would say Busch Gardens in Tampa or Sea World.

teenies*mom
04-27-2004, 05:31 AM
We just got back from Florida 2 weeks ago and we went to Sea World and Epcot - we are not a family that is into rides either - I loved both - but I think I would recommend Sea World.

shelhop
04-27-2004, 05:36 AM
My vote is Sea World. There is so much to see there, and it's so fascinating for the kids, even the small ones. My kids petted dolphins, saw all the shows, enjoyed the manitees, etc.

mom2cvam
04-27-2004, 05:59 AM
I agree with Sea World. Everytime we went when the kids were real little, they seemed to like Sea World the best. Its not quite as fast paced as the Disney parks. I love going to Disney World but personally would rather spend the day at Sea World with little ones. Whatever you chose I'm sure you will have alot of fun. ;)

justbeachy
04-27-2004, 06:06 AM
Sae World is better for little kids than Busch Gardens in my opinion. Busch Gardens is more focused on reides although they have animals as well. I take my little ones to Sea World and they love it. (They are 8 & 1) There are animals, shows, a kids play area and rest stations for mothers. Sea World is a good choice.

justinenycole26
04-27-2004, 06:10 AM
I would definitely choose the Magic Kingdom if I was only able to choose one. There is nothing else like it. There is plenty for everyone to do. You will be able to find shows for all ages, the parade twice a day, etc.

Sea World is OK, but I think it's kinda boring.

sahmsfreeb
04-27-2004, 08:04 AM
been there twice in one year.

DISNEY by a landslide.

The magic kingdom has something for everyone.
get the book:

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2004
$10.79
Froogle search for Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2004 (http://www.google.com/froogle?q=the+unofficial+guide+to+walt+disney+worl d+2004&as_qdr=&scoring=p) Ten Great Features and Benefits offered ONLY by The Unofficial Guide®:

The most comprehensive coverage of Walt Disney World
Exclusively patented, field-tested touring plans that save as much as four hours of standing in line in a single day
Every attraction rated and ranked for each age group
In-depth profiles of all the Disney resorts, including the best rooms to request
Almost 250 hotels rated and ranked for quality and value, including the top non-Disney hotels for families
A complete Dining Guide with ratings and reviews of all Walt Disney World restaurants, plus extensive alternatives for dining deals outside the World
Tips, advice, and opinions from hundreds of Walt Disney World guests in their own words
The most complete and detailed insider coverage of shopping in and out of Walt Disney World
Timed comparisons of getting around by the Disney Transportation System or using your own car
Extensive, objective, head-to-head comparisons of the Disney and Universal theme parks

The Unofficial Guides are trusted by millions of readers. Unlike other travel series, they're not selling fantasy. They're the "Consumer Reports" of travel guides--and the only series that rates and ranks every hotel, restaurant, and attraction with evaluations-based surveys and critiques compiled by a team of unbiased travel inspectors.

(can i post that here moderator? i dont want to offend but i love the new froogle... if you need to delete the info.... i wont get mad... )

this is a GREAT book if you only have one day to visit! It describes all of the parks and their rides and attractions and how bad the lines get and what there is to eat! EXCELLENT BOOK! We would follow the schedule they have for you and we would be out of the park by 2 pm! The book tells you how to actually avoid long lines!

PM me if you need anything else!!!! i am totally a disney addict now....

Kelsey1224
04-27-2004, 08:22 AM
Well...I work for Disney and I'm a little biased...but I would say Magic Kingdom in a heartbeat! Magic Kingdom is based on Disneyland in California.

It is designed with 'families' in mind. Your children will have a chance to see lots of Disney characters and there are tons of rides which are not scary or threatening in anyway. They are just fun!

Epcot is wonderful...but it is more educational. Animal Kingdom is like a very large, natural environment zoo...with rides. Disney/MGM Studios is like Universal Studios...so if you want that type of entertainment...then just go to Universal. I think they do that sort of thing better than Disney (forgive me for saying that, Mickey...)

If you have never been to Disneyland...then you really need to go to Magic Kingdom. It truly is the 'Happiest Place on Earth'.

One last suggestion...if you can arrange for your visit to the theme park to fall on a weekday...you will avoid the large crowds you would get on a weekend.

If you do Magic Kingdom...one word...FASTPASS. These are passes you get for the more popular rides. So...go to the ride you want to ride the most...get the Fastpass. It will have a time period when you can return and then pretty much walk straight on the ride.

HAVE FUN!!!

BTW...the book mentioned above is absolutely great and it does work!

sahmsfreeb
04-27-2004, 08:32 AM
kelsey... wow .. i wanna work for disney when i retire!! i want to tell you that place is the CLEANEST FRIENDLIEST NICEST place i have ever been! (inclucing my home!) disney rocks! i want to be the child swapper line person lol... compainies and stores should take sessons from disney employees!

yes fastpass is the way to go! LOVED IT! (2 impatient boys one adhd the other a wanderer)

also if you need rooms i recommend ebay... we got all of our rooms off of ebay and we stayed in disney!

dcut4
04-27-2004, 11:43 AM
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!

I think I am going to try and talk hubby into Magic kingdom.
We are taking another trip about a week after we get back from Florida to Pigion Forge Ten. and plan on doing the aquarium there, I know it's not the same as Sea World but same theme.

I think I will order the book tonight!

Again thanks everyone for the help. Now anyone know how to come up with a few hundred $$ in a few short weeks? :rolleyes:

sahmsfreeb
04-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Now anyone know how to come up with a few hundred $$ in a few short weeks? :rolleyes:

ebay????clean out a closet and sell the stuff you dont use!
heck this guy is gonna make money...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4146756343

Tasha405
04-27-2004, 12:16 PM
heck this guy is gonna make money...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4146756343
OMG! He is just too funny! :D

Have fun on your trip dcut! :)

Kelsey1224
04-27-2004, 01:10 PM
kelsey... wow .. i wanna work for disney when i retire!!

Gosh...I want to work here UNTIL I retire!