PDA

View Full Version : question?

kmtsn
04-23-2004, 01:01 PM
hello my sister in law keeps getting telephone calls from a person that she does not want to talk to somebody was telling her that you can get numbers blocked from being able to call you? they can still dial your number but it says calls from this number are being blocked you dont have to go through your telephone company you can do it yourself? thanks for the help i told her if anybody would know it would be you people here you guys are great

slkirk22
04-23-2004, 01:04 PM
I know you can do it through most phone companys by giving them the phone number they call from.

hflower
04-23-2004, 02:15 PM
If it is a "landline" you CAN get any number blocked (for a fee, of course), but you cannot (at least w/ Sprint PCS) get a number blocked to a cell phone.
Tell her to call her phone company, they would be able to help. My mom had an ex-boyfriends number blocked to our house when I was a teen. it was *-something.
I WISH you could block them to a cell...as soon as I got married (6 mos ago) my hubbies ex started calling several times a week and continues to. AAARRGGH!
But, I hate to be that wife who calls up and says "Quit calling my man!" She is married too, for Petes sake! :D

usascs
04-23-2004, 02:17 PM
My phone has a feature where you save the number to the built in phone book but put a * in front of name and it will automatically disconnect

girlwithsoul
04-23-2004, 02:17 PM
I will just say that if you block one number that person will probably find another phone to call from. I would say, just get caller ID and quit answering the phone when they call.

Good luck!

Quaker_Parrots
04-23-2004, 02:36 PM
If it is a "landline" you CAN get any number blocked (for a fee, of course), but you cannot (at least w/ Sprint PCS) get a number blocked to a cell phone.
Tell her to call her phone company, they would be able to help. My mom had an ex-boyfriends number blocked to our house when I was a teen. it was *-something.
I WISH you could block them to a cell...as soon as I got married (6 mos ago) my hubbies ex started calling several times a week and continues to. AAARRGGH!
But, I hate to be that wife who calls up and says "Quit calling my man!" She is married too, for Petes sake! :D

You could always change your cell phone number... (if you have Nextel, they let you change it for free)