PDA

View Full Version : Ketchup Prices Could Top $8 Per Gallon!

sahmsfreeb
04-22-2004, 08:21 AM
Senator Kerry Warns Ketchup Prices Could Top $8 Per Gallon!

Pittsburgh, PA : Despite record increases, Democratic Presidential hopeful John Kerry says the cost of ketchup to the American consumer could skyrocket this summer

Historically, usage rises during warmer months due to increased picnics, cookouts and other activities. But higher prices haven’t curtailed Americas love affair with super-sized burgers and fries, leaving the nations strategic ketchup reserves dangerously low.

TOPEC (Tomato Producing & Exporting Countries) say they have no plans to increase production.
to read the rest http://www.thespeciousreport.com/2004/04040421ketchup.html

justinenycole26
04-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Good, I hate ketchup.

BigLyd1
04-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Then I may have to give up french fries and steak. :eek:

mom2cvam
04-22-2004, 08:38 AM
Had me nervous for just a minute! :eek: But just for a minute or so. lol :D

Technologist
04-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Oh my, well at least CATSUP prices should be stable.... :) :p

and who buys that stuff by the gallon anyway???? :D

and isn't it already pretty close to that price now??? It's like $1.79 for 24 OZ... multiple by 5 or 6 to get close to a gallon (128 ounces).... THAT's more than $8.00 per gallon!!!

Dang politicians!!! :p :p :p

ladyseals
04-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Well, I guess I will have to stock up on packets from Mcdonalds and squeeze them into a bottle. LOL

Technologist
04-22-2004, 11:17 AM
hehehe

~~~~

And I can't resist picking on Tech......

$1.79 a bottle for catsup?????? You must be one of these people that has to have Hunts or Heinz..... LOL Buy the store brand..... Catsup is catsup! :D It's 79 cents here every day for storebrand.... and 2 for a dollar if they put it on sale..... And when they put it on sale I do buy at least a gallon since my kids think they have to eat it with almost everything.... ;)

Since I don't have Kids, and I don't use much of the stuff..... the bottle we have is at least 14 years old..... and It IS HEINZ, and IT DID COST $.79... J/K!!

Seriously, store brands taste like red colored sugar water to me..... I prefer sriracha sauce to ketchup ANYDAY!!! :p

babymaniac
04-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Good, I hate ketchup.

LOL I don't care for it either. My step-daughter puts it on EVERYTHING !She goes through like a bottle a week.Heck, if prices go through the roof ,we may have to take out a second mortgage . :eek:

schsa
04-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Buy a packet of tomato seeds, and grow your own tomatoes and make your own catsup.

Gherky
04-22-2004, 01:19 PM
It's a good thing I don't eat ketchup on my baked potatoes any more. :D

AScudder
04-22-2004, 01:29 PM
It's a good thing I don't eat ketchup on my baked potatoes any more. :D

Gherky, that's nasty!!! LOL! I like the idea about getting packets from Mickey D's and squeezing them into a bottle! Now, that, is resourceful! lol

Gherky
04-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Gherky, that's nasty!!!

Aww come on...doesn't this look pretty yummy?

http://www.81x.com/Authors/sweetpickle/baked-tater.jpg

Crueheadchick
04-22-2004, 04:59 PM
I dont like ketchup much either, give me some A-1 or HOT sauce! I even like to dip french fries in Mayo! Although wouldnt spaghetti sauce and pizza sauce go up too? I love pizza and like spaghetti too!