PDA

View Full Version : Whew! Saved $350!

justinenycole26
04-21-2004, 06:30 AM
I have a 99 Kia Sportage. The catalytic converter needs replaced. We have been waiting for the part to come in, the place we bought the car from was going to install it, but we were going to have to pay for the part. Well, he just called back and the part has been recalled. I called the Kia dealership here is going to fix it FREE OF CHARGE!

I SO did not want to have to spend $350 right now. We just got the car.

ladyseals
04-21-2004, 06:32 AM
Oh wow, great deal!

MamaFairal
04-21-2004, 06:55 AM
WTG!
saving $$ is always good

itsmetiggy
04-21-2004, 07:43 AM
omg i just spent over 3 hours at the kia place yesterday and 4 hours last friday...hate hate hate hate that place...tried to tell me i needed over 900 bucks in repairs done when i only went in for a diagnostic :rolleyes: if you get stuck goin to treasure coast kia be prepared to sit there for awhile they aint the fastest place in town

Tippytail
04-21-2004, 07:49 AM
That's great and I'm sure a major relief!

We have a 2000 Sportage, do you know what years the recall is for? David's been saying he needs to take our car in but I'm not sure what for. We're still under warranty with about 22,000 miles on it.

justinenycole26
04-21-2004, 08:04 AM
I'm not sure of the years, if you call your local Kia dealership and give them the VIN number they can tell you.

Tiggy, that's where I'm going! My appointment is at 8:30 Monday morning. I hope it does not take too horribly long because I have to work Monday night and need to sleep.

So you wanna go for a ride with me?????? LOL

ang in NC
04-21-2004, 11:18 AM
We had a Kia and finally traded the thing in. It was always something w/ it!!

itsmetiggy
04-21-2004, 02:22 PM
lol i have seen enough of that place to last me for a very long time....my appt was at 11 to get this "wiring harness update" done..they quoted me get this $310 bucks...i have a mechanic that i go to thats GREAT..but hes not real used to kias..he tells me he called to find out what parts it takes...NONE..so i call kia and asked "what parts does this update include?" guy <his name was joe btw> says "we just take the connectors apart and clean them"..i say "well ok so its just labor right?" him " yea thats right" me"why is the quote for 310 bucks if its 2.5 hours of just labor at 75 bucks an hour????" him "oh youre right that doesn't sound right at all...somebody must have hit a wrong button somewhere" :rolleyes: yea anyway i wouldn't be suprised if they came back to you with about 3 other things that just HAVE to be fixed..i had 2 recalls on my sephia that i didn't know about...i'll be in orlando on monday or i'd go with ya they don't like me lol let me know how it goes though..i'd like to see what they push on ya....what other mechanic do you go to?