PDA

View Full Version : Round Table Pizza

Blackberry
04-20-2004, 09:25 PM
I decided to have pizza today so I called the Round Table and the girl who answered took my order. I asked how much & she told me & that was that. An hour later she shows up, I answer the door and say "Let me get the check" and THEN she tells me that they don't take checks. She did NOT tell me this on the phone & I did not think to ask because all of the other pizza places take them. So I tell her that I don't have the cash & I'm not putting pizza on my credit card. She uses her cell phone to call the restaurant & then tells me that she still cannot take the check, that the restaurant as a whole does not accept checks.

So she leaves (taking the pizza's with her). I call the restaurant and talk to the manager and first she's all apologetic saying that it was that girls 2nd day. (The same girl that took my order is the one that delivered). She said they would deliver the pizza's again and take my check and give me a discount. Then after making me wait on the phone for several minutes she said the girl had gotten back to the restaurant and told her that I had said I didn't have any cash and I didn't have enough money in my account to pay with my credit/debit card.

Lie #1....I said my husband didn't want to put pizza on our credit card --I never said anything about not having enough money in my account. Also, I didn't say debit card, I said credit card.

So then after another long wait she tells me that there is a notation in my "account" that says not to take checks from me. You know when you give them your phone number they pull up your order history.

Lie #2....I've never bounced a check there so why would it say not to take checks from me? Plus, if they do not take checks from anyone like the girl told me, then why would they single me out to say they don't take checks from me?

So by now she thinks I'm just a scammer with no money. She says they are not going to deliver the pizza's or do anything at all. I can call corporate if I want to. So dh takes the phone, confirms that they are not going to do anything about this and then tells them where they can shove the pizza's!

I am so pissed. So I drove to Pizza Hut and got some pizza's for dinner...I WROTE A CHECK! Lol

When I got home dh told me that he'd written an email to Round Table so we'll wait to hear from them. I know dh should not have said what he did to the manager, but he is a bit of a hot head. Oh well.

Unicornmom77
04-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Wow, that stinks!!! I am sorry you had such a time! Guess you wont be calling them again huh?? Sounds like they need to accually train their employees!! Grrrr

I can understand your frustration!!

freeby4me
04-21-2004, 04:26 AM
I think what they meant by the notation was they could remind you that they dont take checks (Like after that you'd need reminding :mad: ) Thats still bull that they treated you that way. What kind of pizza place doesnt accept checks. GEEZZ

MamaFairal
04-21-2004, 05:29 AM
PIZZA HUT has better pizza anyways..JMO

Linus1223
04-21-2004, 12:28 PM
I've never heard of paying with a check for delivery. If you didn't think to ask, then why should they think to tell you?

silvermist
04-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Yep like down where I work people need to ask what we take before buying. Not to mention there's a sign on the front door saying so as well lol I agree pizza hut is better anywho.

turbob
04-21-2004, 03:08 PM
I usually write a check for delivery pizza, but I always tell them when I order that is what I am going to do. I tip in cash, though. There are a LOT of pizza places around here that don't take checks - even some of the "chain" stores like Papa John's. Still and all, that is no reason for them to be rude.

Myamara
04-21-2004, 03:20 PM
We have been ordering from round table for years and always pay by check for delivery....they always ask on the phone if this will be by check or cash.

ezmoney163
04-21-2004, 05:50 PM
I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS pay for delivery pizza with a check. I include the tip right on it. We have never had a problem doing it either. Of course I have no idea what ROund Table Pizza is but we have Pizza Hut , 4 star, Vocelli, and a handful of little itty bitty paces. At no time have I ever been denied my food because I wrote a check. I sure hope you get a response for their ignorance towards you. Hope Pizza Hut was better anyway!!

Blackberry
04-21-2004, 08:08 PM
I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS pay for delivery pizza with a check. I include the tip right on it. We have never had a problem doing it either. Of course I have no idea what ROund Table Pizza is but we have Pizza Hut , 4 star, Vocelli, and a handful of little itty bitty paces. At no time have I ever been denied my food because I wrote a check. I sure hope you get a response for their ignorance towards you. Hope Pizza Hut was better anyway!!

Thanks. I have never had a problem paying with a check before. I am more upset with the way I was treated by the manager and peeved at the lies the delivery girl said. She made me feel like a valued customer one minute and then a scam artist the next. Makes me mad just thinking about it. :mad:

Bick'sMom
04-23-2004, 04:06 AM
Anytime I have ever ordered anything to be delivered the person taking my order always asks, 'and how will you be paying today?'. I would think that they should ask to avoid a situation like this. Sorry they treated you so crappy.

Oh yeah, I always pay with a check too. I

JENNIFERCATLADY
04-23-2004, 09:44 AM
When I order from Domino's I ALWAYS pay by check. One time darling Robert ordered from Dominos while I was out and the only cash he had was $50 bills and he told the person that. So now, whenever I order they ask "Will you need change for a $50 tonight?"

babymaniac
04-24-2004, 12:02 PM
What I don't understand is that there are so many places around here that won't take checks for whatever reason .But they will take a debit or credit card.The funny thing is that they never once ask my husband or me for ID.No wonder people are able to steal a card and charge a bunch of crap to it without getting caught.

Tasha405
04-24-2004, 01:26 PM
I always pay with check too. I've always paid with a check at places like McDonalds, Wendy's & Taco Bell until we moved here and not one single fast food place would take a check. I was mad but what could I do? lol I made a post about it and some people said they never even thought or ever paid for fast food with a check but I did all the time in Tennessee. I never had a problem writing one until we moved here. So far all the pizza places accepts them though. :)

freeby4me
04-24-2004, 01:30 PM
For the fast food places its a pain in the keister to accept checks. But for pizza places, They usually more relaxed about it. KFC will accept checks around here (Only local) so at least theres that.

Damnifiknw
04-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Never have I heard of any fast food chain or a pizza place excepting checks. I have lived all across the USA. I haven't seen but a handful of resturants who except checks, it's either cash or a credit card. I don't blame places for not excepting checks, to many people get check happy with no funds to cover it.

cpbaby
04-24-2004, 06:05 PM
All of the pizza places here accept checks. ALL of them. Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Domino's, Godfather's and even the "local independants". The "name brand" pizza places take credit/debit cards. I have given Pizza Hut my debit card number when I order, they bring me a reciept to sign when they bring the pizza. Ponderosa, Sonic and Arby's will take checks, but McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Cap'n D's doesnt, just debit/credit cards.

PrincessArky
04-29-2004, 09:20 PM
I feel so bad for you with this experience.........luck for me here most ALL fast food places take checks cause I never have cash

Blackberry
04-29-2004, 11:04 PM
I feel so bad for you with this experience.........luck for me here most ALL fast food places take checks cause I never have cash

It's ok. I posted in another thread that they made up for it & the girl (manager) got in trouble for the way she treated me.

ebgreen74
04-30-2004, 06:06 AM
glad it got taken care of. The whole thing sounds odd to me-if it was their policy to not accept checks, I am wondering why they would blame it on her being new when you saw her call the store to ask if she could take your check as payment and they told her NO?? Personally if I'm calling somewhere new, I will always ask if they take a check without just expecting that they do. All of the pizza delivery places here do take checks though. 1 of the chinese delivery places stopped taking checks for a while, but started taking them again pretty quick-I guess their business was suffering with ticked off people not able to get their food!!

I also find it odd that the check thing isn't nationwide for each company. I used to work at a Ponderosa in KY and they NEVER accepted checks, but I see a different 1 does-!

Oh and also if I was hungry, I would much rather put the pizza bill on my credit card(and send a check to them paying it off real quick!) so I could EAT, rather than letting them take the pizza back to the store!

Blackberry
04-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Oh and also if I was hungry, I would much rather put the pizza bill on my credit card(and send a check to them paying it off real quick!) so I could EAT, rather than letting them take the pizza back to the store!

Well I don't feel the same way about putting pizza on my credit card. Besides it wasn't the fact that they took the pizza back that really upset me, it was the lies and the way I was treated by the "manager" when I called.

And I took care of our hunger pretty quick by going to Pizza Hut to pick up pizza for dinner.

freeby4me
04-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Some people view credit cards as something to use when they dont have the cash on hand to buy, Like a new television set if the one you have broke or like an expensive car part. Not something like a few groceries or a pizza. I understand what ya mean by letting them take it back, The finance charges from that pizza wouldnt have been worth it :D

PrincessArky
04-30-2004, 04:54 PM
It's ok. I posted in another thread that they made up for it & the girl (manager) got in trouble for the way she treated me.

you go girl...........pizza hut was really ugly to me the last time i was there...sent them an email and got a response saying they had gotten my email but they never got back with me after that....needless to say I now go elsewhere.

sj2004
05-02-2004, 12:02 PM
:mad: Some People Are "Just Idots " Just Dont Order Form Them Any More And Sorry That Lady Was Shuch A B*it*h To You