PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen the new ad for Equinox Suv?

Nanc952
04-17-2004, 01:51 PM
I just recieved the latest issue of Entertainment and on the indside of the front cover they have a ad for the new Chevy Equinox Suv.

To quote ad "Introducing Equinos, Suddenly every other suv has a great personality."

It shows a picture of the Suv and a pit bull dog on a chain (some one is holding chain but not shown in photo) the car is heading right for the dog.
Am I the only one who thinks this ad is all wrong. With Pits having such a hard time in life to have a ad that looks like the car is going to hit the dog any second seems all wrong to me.

Frankly I just don't get where the dog adds to the ad at all. Except promoting cruel treatment of pits.

hflower
04-17-2004, 01:59 PM
What??? :eek: I can't believe it...in fact I think I am going to contact the company now. I agree with you, there is NO reason whatsoever to promote any sort of cruelty towards those with no voice.
Thanks for the heads up...I am constantly fighting for animal rights and this just goes to show you how messed up our ad execs can be.

MtyAphrdti
04-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Yeah you think that's bad (and it is) you should see the ford one for the SportKa...it has a cat in a neighborhood. The sunroof opens and the cat gets curious, climbs up and sticks it's head in....the sunroof then closes and decapitates the cat which then slides down the windshield....I wish I was joking, but it's true.

Urban Cowgirl
04-17-2004, 09:00 PM
here it is.....I did not realize that this was a "real" commercial. :eek:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=sportka.wmv

MsLynn
04-18-2004, 04:35 AM
here it is.....I did not realize that this was a "real" commercial. :eek:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=sportka.wmv
\
yep its on snopes too

YankeeMary
04-18-2004, 05:48 AM
wow I can't believe anyone would think decapitating a cat would help sell a car...geez...how horrible...

MamaFairal
04-18-2004, 06:37 AM
THATS JUST WRONG!!!
Whats next hitting a kid or running down a little old lady???

DBackFan
04-18-2004, 07:36 AM
OMG, thats all I can say. :(

moogle
04-18-2004, 08:36 AM
that's sick. Whoever came up with that Sportka ad should be put in a hospital for psychiatric evaluation.

bulldog6186
04-18-2004, 09:37 AM
"A full investigation has been ordered by Ford and Ogilvy to determine how this unapproved material found its way into the public domain," said a spokesman for Ford. "The action in the video clip was totally computer generated — no animal was harmed."

OMG, that was horrible to watch even though it was computer generated.

heymom
04-18-2004, 10:35 AM
OMG, that was horrible to watch even though it was computer generated.

:mad: I agree that was totally sick.

Blackberry
04-18-2004, 10:59 AM
OMG! That was so sick! :mad:

VALENA-)45
04-19-2004, 02:01 AM
I Can See By All Of Your Replies That It Was Or Is A Really Bad Ad. I Will Take Yall's Word For It And Not Watch. What Can Be Done To Stop Ads Like That One????

pae1968
04-19-2004, 06:39 AM
I noticed a lot of ads, have been showing things, that have nothing to do with the product at all. It makes no sense, and to be cruel to animal is just wrong, even if it is just trick photography.