PDA

View Full Version : Any Atkins dieters here? I must confess...

junebug
04-13-2004, 09:23 PM
...I cheated. We went out to eat and I could not resist the fettucini alfredo with garlic toast! :o Just curious if anyone here has had great success with Atkins?

Katt
04-13-2004, 09:30 PM
I've had great success. Not when I cheat though LOL. It usually takes me a week to two weeks after a cheat, to start losing again.

junebug
04-13-2004, 09:36 PM
1 to 2 weeks!???? Ugh! Not worth it. Thanks for telling me. I won't do it again. I did lose 15 lbs in 3 wks when I started then it plateaued and I got discouraged and gave up. But I just started again yesterday. That tells you how weak I am. :o

Katt
04-13-2004, 09:41 PM
Drink a LOT of water. Like up your amount to 100 oz or at least 80 to 90 oz and it will help. I keep falling off the wagon. Been doing it since oct, and hit a 2 month stall. Kind of got discouraged, but finally got my stuff back together. I've lost a lot, but still have a few more to go before I want to start on OWL. You can do it though. this program is soooo easy. Check out www.lowcarbfriends.com They have GREAT information, recipes, and support :)

Let's hope your belly doesn't give you fits from the carbs you ate lol.

DBackFan
04-14-2004, 06:58 AM
Well I havent really been cheating but eating some LC things that I KNOW I can't and everyday it sems I am UP a lb....will I ever get it and quit spinning my wheels???

junebug
04-14-2004, 07:04 AM
I almost cried when I read your reply. That is me all the way. I know it really does work for me, but I just need the character to stick with it. I really needed that encouraging word. You're right. I CAN do it! Funny after my big "cheat" last night, I got on the scale this morning and was shocked to see I had lost 3 pounds! Yay! :D

texasgander
04-14-2004, 07:33 AM
I have been doing Atkins since August.....have lost 22 lbs........I find after a cheat, if I up my water, I get whatever I gained off pretty quickly....and, of course, start eating right again....there's an Atkins thread buried somewhere....I'll see if I can find it and bump it up for you to read

(Katt....I'm going to call AA if you don't behave! LOL!)

Katt
04-14-2004, 07:43 AM
(Katt....I'm going to call AA if you don't behave! LOL!)

I was doing good till I couldn't fight off the jellybeans that were laying around, anymore. :D

texasgander
04-14-2004, 07:58 AM
no excuses!!! CarbRite makes low carb, sugar free jelly beans! (I get mine at Kroger or Target).....they also have low carb gummy bears.... :)

Katt
04-14-2004, 08:50 AM
The lowcarb gummy bears are SCARY. My poor kid got my bag of russel stovers. LMAO He won't be doing that again. :D

Shancopp
04-14-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm doing Atkins and am down 36lbs since 1/1. Some peeps lose after a cheat...kinda shakes up things up. I tried, and as fun as it was (Hersheys!!mmmmm!) I didn't lose or gain. So, I just keep trucking along. Doing fat fast now to break a week long stall (not technically a stall til 4 weeks of no loss...but frustrating the same). Hang in there, jump back on, drink a ton of water and you'll be fine!

gemini26
04-14-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm a lot like Katt. Lost good amount of weight and a few pant sizes but off and on since Halloween. Just keep getting back on. I know I feel bad after a cheat. Think I'd learn! Just keep doing it and you will be better off. There is a thread here with lots of useful info. I just don't have a lot of time to post anymore. Most that responded here are on the other thread. Just do a search for Atkins and you should be able to find it ok.