PDA

View Full Version : Ungrateful

AngelGrim
04-07-2004, 04:13 PM
I think I have the most evil mother in law sometimes, I have complained about her before but this really got me, she got rid of a perfectly good running car so now she depends on her kids to take her everywhere and will not pay for the gas. So my dh yesterday went and took her to the store and such. He got a ticket for 82.00 while taking her home. She just had to call and laugh about it saying haha guess what your out of 82.00, I got mad and told her that she shouldn't think it is funny as he wouldn't have gotten a ticket if he hadn't been out trying to help her. I called his sisters and none of them want to help her at all, they are all sick of getting burned too. I don't know, but I told her that since she thought it was funny, that it just won't happen again and she can find someone else to take her, was I being too mean? :confused:

tiffany21
04-07-2004, 04:42 PM
I don't think you were.

now it would be nice if she would of offered to pay half the ticket

mlayton1994
04-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Nope. I dont think you were to mean. I would think she would at least offer to pay for the gas. Especially since gas has gone up so much.

MamaFairal
04-07-2004, 04:51 PM
I say its time MIL learned how public transportation works...........lol

buttrfli
04-07-2004, 04:58 PM
I think you were pretty nice compared to what I would have said! {{{HUGS}}}

justme23
04-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Well... I'm sorry, but it's not her fault if he was breaking the law (altho it was really nasty of her to gloat about it and I probably would have given her an earful)... it would be nice for her to pay for the gas, tell your husband to stop running her around town if she won't do it.

schsa
04-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Maybe she should start taking cabs everywhere. Time for your husband to let her do for herself. If she's this bad now, what's going to happen when she's really unable to take care of herself.

AngelGrim
04-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Well... I'm sorry, but it's not her fault if he was breaking the law (altho it was really nasty of her to gloat about it and I probably would have given her an earful)... it would be nice for her to pay for the gas, tell your husband to stop running her around town if she won't do it.

He was breaking the law yes, by even driving, his ticket was for driving without a license, we have to go and have him take the test, I would have taken her myself, but she has been violent with me in the past when she was angry with him and I refuse to do it now. She told him she was going to lose her phone and electric if he didn't come and take her right then, and that her rent had to be paid immediately or she would be evicted, she won't ride the seida bus or anything as she says that they don't take her where she wants. I called and asked about it and they said they would take her everywhere that we take her so guess that will be her option from now on. She should not guilt her kids into doing things for her. She is an adult!

Dolly<3
04-07-2004, 07:44 PM
People just shock me sometimes. I mean, I think I should be used to people by now, but then I read something like this. It's like something out of the Simpsons or similar cartoon. I can see one of Marge's sisters doing that~ lol.

$82! Ouch! Well, since this was probably the last straw for you all, think of it as even since you'll probably save $82 worth of gas in a month of not being her personal driver.

AngelGrim
04-07-2004, 07:47 PM
actually she acts about as rude as one of marges sisters, have you ever seen one of those comical western cards with the old woman with the curlers in her hair, full of wrinkles and a cigarette hanging out of her mouth, that is her, I mean seriously, hold the card up to her and it is a match. My dh got so angry she put a cigarette out on my arm rest, he told her that if he wasn't so far from her house she could have walked home- we just got this jeep in november- Sorry, she just irks me, I always wanted a mother in law that I could be close too and enjoy to hang around with, she just isnt' like that, and hates for her kids to be happy. All of her children say the same thing about her and that is that she is like a snake, watch out cause you don't know when she will bite next, I better shut up, I am starting to sound just as evil as her:(

justme23
04-08-2004, 02:24 AM
you should go get a frequent fry her page on motherinlawstories.com (i think that's the addy, it's 424 am and I'm not thinkin too straight)... She sounds like a really nasty person and I'd cut her off if I were your hubby. I wouldn't feel guilty about it w/ the way she acts!

momfromTN
04-08-2004, 03:58 AM
Yes, please check out www.motherinlawstories.com The people there are nice for the most part and it has helped me not flip out on my DH and his stupid relatives.

Bottom line, your DH put his butt on the line for her? Why? Why would he risk getting a ticket and possible jail (yes people do go to jail for no license) for a nasty thing like her? I don't care if it is his mother. You simply don't put your family's finances on the line like that. I am seeing red flags as far as DH is concerned because he is still trying to please mommy. I would have told her to walk to pay her bills or she should have MAILED them like other people do. He fell for it. He needs to cut her off totally. You all do not need toxic people like that in your lives. Take the relation out of it. If this were an acquaintance, would you put up with it? Nope. MIL needs told the free rides are OVER. Get caller ID, an answering machine and refuse any communication with her. Heck I would change my phone number. BUt that is me.

I would have told her to F off and die right. :mad:

AngelGrim
04-08-2004, 07:05 AM
Dh has cut her off several times, but he feels bad because she puts herself in this situation, he wants to have her committed but his sisters say they want to do that then hide, she is really not doing anything she is supposed too, she won't bath or anything, she wrote tons of bad checks and now is griping cause she has to pay them, and she even went as far as using our address so she could still get iowa medicaid and not missouris, I took and put a stop to that. I was so mad when I found out. I think we ought to write her off but it isn't my mother, most of the time he won't talk to her but she will call 20 times in a row just so he will, he works nights and sleeps during the day and she will do this during the day. It is just rude. Told him that he was really lucky, because yes they have arrested people here for this and our vehicle could have gotten impounded. Grrrrrrrrrrr. Anyway, it is just sad that a mother will treat her kids like dirt, and try to make their lives he!!. I told his sister last night that she can start helping out or something, his sister lives about a 1/4 mile away from us, she just got laid off. It is too the point we are looking to relocate, so please keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for us, we are going to look at houses this weekend and dh is waiting to find out about a better paying job north of here, it is a better location and away from mil.

mom4angels
04-08-2004, 06:34 PM
AngelGrim I know how you feel about your MIL . I have one that is a nightmare. I could curl your hair with the stories of guilt she has put on my DH , his brothers and sister. It just makes me sick the games she plays with their lives. She basically thinks that they were born to support her now.
Do you think that your MIL needs to be on some kind of meds? I think that you were right what you said to her. You were to nice. I hope that you can get away for her. I am stuck right across the street and that is a nightmare.