PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My wedding anniversary is friday... need some suggestions! ;)

Airbuswife
04-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Hi! I could really use some help right now! My wedding anniversary is this friday the ninth. My dilemma is this: i tore a tendon in my right knee, and i cant drive ANYWHERE!! (and my wonderful hubby just bought me a NEW Jeep that i cant drive... WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!) It's been two weeks now that i cant drive, which really SUCKS!! I have been so preoccupied with my knee and getting better that i totally forgot about my anniversary! I need quick/romantic/cheep/free/easy ideas to WOW my husband! He is out of town now with work and wont be home til about noon on friday. I'd really like to be able to surprise him with the limitations that are upon me. So, i have a few days to plan, its just that i *SUCK* at this kind of thing!!

Sorry if i sound like i'm complaining or bi*ching, but this is a WONDERFUL man and i feel so helpless to even get to the store for a card!

So, any kind of help would be VERY appreciated!!

Thanks SOOOOO much for "listening"!

:)

YankeeMary
04-07-2004, 06:03 AM
how about a few of us send him a card...I would be glad to do it...jlmk...

Quaker_Parrots
04-07-2004, 06:07 AM
If you have a printer you can make him a coupon book of things you can do for him, one might be a back rub, or "other things", lol be creative. I know you aren't very mobile right now, but maybe a candle lit dinner? or rent his favorite movie.(if you have someone who can pick it up for you)

MamaFairal
04-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Plan a spa night at home!
A nice romantic dinner, candlelight, maybe rent a sexy movie.
Turn your bath tub(if it fits two) into a night spa, bubble bath, candles....you get the idea.Besides the water will also benefit your sore knee.....Ah ha!
Give each other massages(another good thing for the knee) not that i am trying to get you to get all the benefits of this anniversary but i am thinking about the sore knee....lol
There are tons of stuff you can do if ya have to stay in ;)

schsa
04-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Get on the phone and make some calls to friends. See if someone will help you cook his favorite meal, help set the table with the good china, take the kids for the night, and get you tons of tea candles that you can put around the house. Scented candles will also help. Friends can pick them up for you.

Champagne (or sparkling cider) next to the tub with bubble bath to go, and more candles.

Finally, spray your perfume on the bed sheets.

He will fall in love all over again. It works every time.

Oh, and really make the effort to get dressed up, do your make up and your hair (little hair spray). If you make the effort, he will fall.

hotdoglove
04-07-2004, 07:35 AM
congrats on your anniversary- make him a dinner and then well do whatever !!!! :)

cinnamonch
04-07-2004, 07:54 AM
How about an indoor picnic? or how about making the night about him, his favorite meal, movie he likes to watch, etc.

For gifts based on the # of years you have been married, you can

1) give a coupon book with that many coupons
2) book on the # of reasons you love him and why.

JWWB2000
04-07-2004, 07:57 AM
I am sure he will be happy with a nice quiet dinner, a movie, and then a little night cap ;)

Airbuswife
04-07-2004, 09:23 AM
You guys are GREAT!! Thanks so much for all of the creative ideas!
Yea, nice dinner and his favorite movie are a WONDERFUL idea! The bathtub is a bit small for both of us, but i'm sure after a long day, he would enjoy a nice hot shower... !!!! ;)

MamaF, i LOVE the ideas for the knee!! ;)

Crueheadchick
04-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Thats My Birthday!!!!
Happy Anniversary
:) :cool: :D

briansgirl
04-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Happy Anniversary :) These are such good suggestions, making his favorite meal works everytime :)