PDA

View Full Version : I am so tired of this stupid sh!t

Mini
04-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Ever get a restraining order against you for no reason at all?? Well my best friend is very close to being in that boat because of a guy and his bs lies. No, they weren't bf/gf or anything, it's a very LONG story so i'm not really gonna go into it but what started it all was him telling everyone he had cancer when it was found out to be a lie(how could anyone lie about something like that?!) but anyways, hes getting that against her but he won't do it against me(i did the samethings she did) if he gets it honored she will have to move schools and if that happens i'm goin right with her which I don't wanna do but I will if I have to. Some people need to get a life and stop bs'n everybody else's!

If this made no sense i'm sorry but if you knew the whole story you'd understand but it's one of those where you kinda have to be there to understand alot of it. Just needed to vent before I do somethin un-lady like

ttistin
04-06-2004, 06:39 PM
I hope things work out for your friend and you. {{{hugs}}} I dont know how people can say things like that either, it is just sad

MamaFairal
04-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Actually YES!
I have jad Two best friends who turned on me and got restraining orders against me and when it all ended up in court they both got laughed right out of there.

#1~Julie~ says i was stalking her after i stopped talking to her and we both worked at the same place and she says i turned everyone against her and got her fired....WTH!
#2~Stacy~ lied to me about buying my kid cigarettes and thats my biggest pet peeve.DONT LIE TO ME! I cut her off cold and stopped talking to her but would continue to look at her everytime she was outside. I lived on the 2nd flr and had to look out the window to see outside.She said i was stalking her also.By the time this one went to court "I" didnt like good this being my second stalking petition.When the judge heard her story he laughed her right outta there...the judge was laughing that these women feel they have to file restraining orders on me cuz i look at them funny!
I never did anything to either of these carzy women but stop TALKING to them period.

And no i am not a stalker type person :)

YankeeMary
04-06-2004, 07:23 PM
hehe...tell that to Mike...hehe...just kidding of course...I am sure he wants you to stalk him....wa wa wa...lol...

Mini sometimes people will do anything to get attention...so pathetic...I wish you the best outcome as possible.

zitra
04-06-2004, 07:28 PM
((((HUGS)))) to your friend.
My hubby got a restraining order put on him by our ex SIL, because she told the police that he followed her home from the town we live in to the town she lives in (1/2 hour drive), and she was scared of him. Happens that that night my hubby and I were out a program at my son's school. (this was just after BIL was granted full custody and I started to watch the girls full time)
The next day she told BIL that she wanted to be able to call her kids at my house to say hi, etc. (this is when I watched them). BIL asked us, and we said it would be in violation of the restraining order for either of us to call her, or for her to call us. She dropped the restraining order the next day.

MamaFairal
04-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Of course i stalk the mailman....he likes it ;)

laughsalot
04-06-2004, 08:35 PM
{{{{{Mama}}}}

Dolly<3
04-06-2004, 08:55 PM
(((((Mini))))) There should be something done about that. People shouldn't just be able to get a restraining order for whoever they feel like it.

fatesfaery
04-06-2004, 10:36 PM
I've had a restraining order taken out on me. I was 17 and it was my first DH. There was a big scene at his parents house when I went to pick up DS. Ex ended up grabbing my arms and somehow I ended up with bruises on my arms and my neck. I went to the DA the next moring to swear out a warrant, and the DA told me that if I had him arrested, his mama would have him out in less than an hour and then he'd probably come looking for me. He said that if I were his daughter, he'd tell me to swear out a restraining order, and talk to a lawyer that afternoon.....which I did. He got served the restraining order and went and swore out his own. He said he was afraid I was going to do "grave bodily harm" to him. At the time, I weighed 107 pounds.....though I did have a bad,bad temper when I was young.
In the end, he couldn't call me or anyone in my family,he couldn't call me at work or come with so many feet of me.....I had the same restrictions except calling him at work......he was too sorry to have a job.

Hope things work out for your friend, even with a restraining order seems there could be something the school could do to keep her from having to transfer.

suziebee20
04-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I hope things go okay for your friend and she doesn't have to transfer.

Oh yeah, and there's a card coming your way. :)

nightrider127
04-07-2004, 06:57 AM
A friends hubby had one sworn out against him. His niece told that he done all kinds of bad stuff to her and that she was afraid of him. The niece lived on the same block as he did and the poor guy had to go inside his house if she so much as came down the sidewalk because of the distance restriction. He was virtually under house arrest till the case went to court, which I didn't think was a bit fair. All turned out well in the end though, the whole mess was thrown out of court.

I don't think it's fair at all for a restraining order to be gotten as easy as it can be.

For this reason, I will never help out women helping women. They made it real easy for this young lady to do what she did. It seems that this organization helped get laws passed that all a woman had to was point her finger and accuse a man of doing something and he was in hot water. I know all this legal action cost my friend a lot of money that they could never recover.

Please don't bash me for my feelings on women helping women, The above is only my opinion of them.

schsa
04-07-2004, 07:18 AM
If there isn't any real guts to the restraining order, the judge will throw it out. They are not going to deal with petty personal problems. If there was a real threat, that would be different.

laughsalot
04-07-2004, 03:44 PM
oops made a mistake. {{{{MINI}}}} sorry :(