PDA

View Full Version : Wicca in a Week a new email class

jaimethepooh
04-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Ok, you can't really learn everything about Wicca in only 1 week, but this 7-day email class should point you in the right direction and answer most introductory questions.
Each daily lesson will contain information on 4 aspects of Wicca, or the questions most novices have (such as how to set up an altar). Unlike my other courses, there will be more information than I can fit in a newsletter. You get the basic info in your lessons, but you will need to follow the included links to more detailed references back on the main web site. Think of these lessons as a guided tour through the introductory material on the site.

One more thing, all of the ideas covered here are at the beginner level, but don't follow any particular pattern from lesson 1 through lesson 7.

http://paganwiccan.about.com/c/ec/22.htm

ckerr4
04-06-2004, 11:19 AM
That's pretty neat. I signed up because it seems like an interesting way to learn more (in a short amount of time, lol).

jaimethepooh
04-06-2004, 11:50 AM
Awsome! :D
let me know how it went :o

ShayShay
04-06-2004, 02:59 PM
I signed up too. I'm not Wiccan but am interested in learning more about it. Thanks for the link!

ckerr4
04-06-2004, 04:40 PM
I tried to pm you (jaime), but it wouldn't go through - says your pm's are disabled?

jaimethepooh
04-06-2004, 05:02 PM
ok i'm back had some problems katt fixed them
i emailed you lol
What's up :)

and yvw ShayShay

mom2cvam
04-07-2004, 07:52 AM
Thank you Jaime. I sent my little sister the link and she thanks you also. :)

jaimethepooh
04-07-2004, 08:05 AM
you and your sister are very welcome :D

HoustonGal
04-07-2004, 09:20 AM
very cool indeed.
I met Lori in Salem and she and I hit it off so quickly.
I was given a Necronomicon several years ago and would love to learn how to soothe and calm the book, it doesn't like to be touched my men.

jaimethepooh
04-07-2004, 09:33 AM
very cool indeed.
I met Lori in Salem and she and I hit it off so quickly.
I was given a Necronomicon several years ago and would love to learn how to soothe and calm the book, it doesn't like to be touched my men.

the necronomicon was invented by H.P Lovecraft as a part of his horror novel so i don't think that a wiccan course would cover it
this class will only cover the very basic of wicca since it's only a week long

Willow
04-07-2004, 11:25 AM
:eek:

Willow
04-07-2004, 11:36 AM
I might be thinking of something else but I'm pretty sure that it was a book on necronomicon that I had. Here is some info I found on it and as jaimethepooh said they probably wouldn't discuss it in the wiccan course since it's only fiction.

The Necronomicon is fictional. As in fake, does not exist, etc. While there are works described as necronomicons (notice the small n), all they are is treatises on the proper ways to bury the dead, hence the name of the book. Greek - nekros (death, corpse), nemein (to consider), and -ikon, a Greek adjectival suffix similar to the English -ic or -ical. Thus translating the book to "Book Concerning the Dead".

The Necronomicon most people tend to talk about, however, was written by an Arab known as Abdul Alhazred, often ascribed to being mad and possessed. This book, and it's author, are creations of the writer H.P. Lovecraft, of Cthulu Mythos fame. Abdul Alhazred never existed - in fact, his name isn't even true Arabic, but a hodge-podge of vaguely Arabic sounds. It was one of Lovecraft's pseudonyms that he wrote under, and roughly translates to "the worshipper/slave of -".

While I am a firm believer in the power of belief, I find that oh, so often people are basing their magical workings on the fiction of an early twentieth century author. What you are playing with here is a lit stick of dynamite - you'll either get seriously hurt or be fortunate enough that it's a dud.

In short, there's no way I'm going to be able to point you to a "real" or "complete" Necronomicon because it doesn't exist!

Taegus
04-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Thanks again for wonderful info, JaimethePooh!

;) You Rock! ;)

brokenheart259
04-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Thanx! :D :D

Learning is always fun & interesting......especially in a week.....which turns into a lifetime....

About.com covers pretty much any subject, I found ideas for some Wiccan tattooes.... :D :p