PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up To You Wally World Shoppers

tsquared
04-05-2004, 10:29 AM
On the news this morning they ran a piece about shoppers last week that used Visa and Mastercard to make their purchases.. They were charged 3 times the amount they were supposed to. So if you were ones that did this check and make sure you was not overcharged. I dont think this is just in Kansas....

cch
04-05-2004, 10:33 AM
SON OF A ! I'm one of them. The first time I've ever used the ! thing at Wal-Mart and I get screwed! Now I have to go waste who knows how long on the phone with customer service :'(

WOOHOO phone call took a whole 10 minutes and they're going to credit the overlimit fee back to my account. STUPID STUPID FARKING WALMART!

Thanks T!

AngelGrim
04-05-2004, 10:38 AM
I hadn't gotten mine yet, glad of that cause I would have used it lol. :rolleyes:

kelly12569
04-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Oh I posted in vent/whine bout this the other day! It happened to me and Im NOT happy. My account still hasnt been credited back yet. Really puts me in a bind cuz it makes the account short money we need right now til they fix it. :(

Sparkli
04-05-2004, 11:19 AM
We ran this on the news last night...it's happening to ppl that used a mastercard or visa debit/credit card on Wednesday.... walmart isn't the only place it's happening either... but they billing company is saying it should all be fixed by tuesday... so they are saying ;)

buttrfli
04-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Heres the story from our news station (Oklahoma)

Computer Glitch Causes Visa, MasterCard Users To Be Overcharged
Sunday April 04, 2004 11:31pm

Tulsa - If you used a Visa or MasterCard on Wednesday, March 31st, you need to double-check your next statement.

A computer glitch caused some customers to be charged twice, or in some cases, three times. The transactions took place at stores across the country, including Wal-Mart.

Officials say they are correcting the mistakes now.

If you have any questions, call First Data at (888)-893-0626 or visit www.firstdata.com.

captorquewrench
04-05-2004, 11:23 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=509&ncid=738&e=2&u=/ap/20040405/ap_on_bi_ge/customers_overbilled

Jaxx
04-05-2004, 11:58 AM
Good thing i dont have a credit card

JWWB2000
04-05-2004, 12:09 PM
That is just a pain for anyone having this happen to them. The banks should recognize this and not charge any of the fees if the account is overdrawn by this silly mistake! Hope everyone who has had this happen to them gets it worked out in a reasonable amount of time, let's say within hours of reporting it.

lizbet
04-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Thanks for posting this. I will have to check.

kelly12569
04-05-2004, 01:38 PM
That is just a pain for anyone having this happen to them. The banks should recognize this and not charge any of the fees if the account is overdrawn by this silly mistake! Hope everyone who has had this happen to them gets it worked out in a reasonable amount of time, let's say within hours of reporting it.

I called my bank again and she said should be fixed by tomorrow.....

evrita
04-05-2004, 02:45 PM
I went shopping there on wednesday but it was in NH so we will see I will call the bank when i get a minute

Tracy'sMom
04-05-2004, 03:15 PM
I knew there was a good reason why We didnt have no money to spend last week. I'm sorry for the ones that had to go thru this. I hope things are worked out soon for You.

evrita
04-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Just an update I called my bank and it wasnt just walmart someone hacked into the Mastercard and Visa accounts and people who were affected will have their cards recalled and the banks will send you a letter and isssue you a new one. They say your name and addy arent at risk just someone could use your card. It wasnt just wally world