PDA

View Full Version : UPenn MIXER Project -- have you been paid?

cfeifei
04-05-2004, 07:16 AM
Hi, all,

Have you been paid by UPenn MIXER Project? I've completed about 12 calls but not yet got my check. I sent them an email but no response.

Could someboday help please?

Thanks!

JetskiGal
04-05-2004, 07:44 AM
I haven't been paid yet, but I'm still getting calls. Maybe they won't pay until the study is complete. Not sure, but I have the web address with all the instructions at home. (At work now) Maybe someone else has the addy? Perhaps the info is there somewhere. :)

mspruite
04-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Please try to remember that these are graduate students doing a research project at the University of Pennsylvania. They are not employees of a survey company. They are not set up to answer email questions in what you would probably consider a timely manner.

I wouldn't worry. You'll eventually get paid. It took months for some of us to get our first checks last time and we didn't get all our money at once, as I recall. I think there were 3 or 4 months between the time I got my first check and finally received a check for the rest of it.

FloridaGrandma

cfeifei
04-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Thanks, you two!

I won't worry now. Just so eager to see my check. It'll be a huge number...

mspruite
04-05-2004, 09:22 AM
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Mixer/

I think this is the link you were looking for, JetskiGal.

(Totally unable to ski or jetski) FloridaGrandma

(Corrected link)

Jacie
04-05-2004, 09:48 AM
I read over on FW that a few people have received their checks. I am confident that the money will arrive. Someone made a good point regarding grad students running the study.

beasley
04-05-2004, 10:27 AM
I had wondered the same thing as I hadn't gotten paid either, so I gave them a call last week and they told me that the study is still ongoing and that you can make up to 30 calls. All days are now English speaking...I got messed up when they made just certain days English speaking...I'm so forgetful...lol

Anyway, they told me once I had completed 30 calls they would issue my check or they would pay me for what I had already done. I chose to continue on until I complete the 30 calls. Hope that helps!!

27Summers
04-05-2004, 11:12 AM
are we supposed to be calling to do this or are they calling us? I have not gotten any calls yet and signed up when this first started this time around...I did the first one and got paid, and they called me, now are we supposed to call them? I am so confused LOL

beasley
04-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Summers,

I had to place all my calls..I think I only got one or two where they called me. And the lady I talked to had a record of 10 calls I had been credited for. They sent me a card like a business card that had the telephone number to call and my pin # on it. That's what I use...I just call in myself....

27Summers
04-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Thanks beasley, guess I better get dialing LOL :)

27Summers
04-05-2004, 11:30 AM
does anyone have info to contact them at? The link posted above does not work, and I have lost the email with my pin, thanks

Rain829
04-05-2004, 12:09 PM
I also called last week and they told me it wasn't over that I could do 11 more calls to finish my 30. Just a heads up.

beasley
04-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Summers...here is the number for participant support:

1-800-380-PENN

Just give em a call and ask for your Pin #...I'm sure they would be glad to help!!

KateM
07-28-2004, 03:32 PM
Has everyone gotten their checks already? I got an email from them in April that stated they were starting to process payments. It's been 3 and a half months and nothing has come in yet.

gruslave
07-28-2004, 03:53 PM
Is it over or is it too late to sign up? Someone please tell me

turbob
07-28-2004, 04:10 PM
I didn't do this one but did do the Fisher study for them two years in a row. You WILL get paid - they are very good about that. The last fisher study they even sent an extra $6 check to everyone because SOME of the people's checks were a little short.

pg0707
07-28-2004, 06:21 PM
I got my check for $170 a while ago. I had to call to request it, however. At that time the study was still on-going. Once you request your check, you cannot get anymore calls. I wouldn't worry; you will be paid.

Pam