PDA

View Full Version : Student Loan Help Please!!! ASAP

ezmoney163
04-05-2004, 05:16 AM
Hi guys!! As most of you know I am going back to school for nursing!! Woo Hoo!! Problem is ( not really a problem but something on my mind LOL) I do not apply fro my grants and loans through FAPSA (sp?) for at least another month because the director wants me to come up there to do tit on line. So anyway, what I am wondering is there other places I can get students loans?? The kind I do not have to pay back until I get my license and job (hopefully within the first month of graduation)??? Right now I am needing to get some things for class, acceptance fees, and little things, but I want to be prepared when they say now we need XXXX amount of money for this. LOL Also is it possible to borrow more money from these than the actual schooling?? I was hoping so that way I could pay for my child care I will need for my kids. Well any help or suggestions would be great. I have done searches and most need a cosigner. Which I do not have/want. I would not ask anyone to take on that responsibility. Please post or PM me, I appreciate it!! :D :D

:D

rlynn411
04-05-2004, 05:23 AM
If you go to where you'll be attending school they school have financial aid counsler who should be able to point in the right direction for student loans and or grants. I'm not sure if its called Stafford loans any longer but when I was in school I could take out loans each quarter... was usually about $2500...they basically paid for the the classes and books and then you would be sent a check for the remainder, to be used for other expenses. My sister being a single mom always qualified for loans that had to be repaid once you completed school and started working , but she also received different grants that did not have to be repaid. I f I remember correctly one of those grants were called a Pell grant. Hope this helps you a little!

rlynn411
04-05-2004, 05:26 AM
You also may want to get a hold of one of Matthew Leskos book on free money. According to him theres all types of government money out there that is available to people for numerous reasons and causes that does not have to be repaid. Guess its another one of the governments best keep secrets but its out there if you know how to find it.

JWWB2000
04-05-2004, 05:29 AM
Good luck in your finding the grants. Like mentioned above, they are out there you just have to do a little digging for them.

JKATHERINE
04-05-2004, 05:47 AM
When I was in college I had good luck finding scholarships on www.fastweb.com. Since they were scholarships, none of them had to be paid back so that was good! I also got Pell Grants as well as grants/scholarships for being a good student and I took out a couple of Stafford Loans which (like Rlynn said) I got the remainder of the $ from (and used to pay my rent on my apt.). All in all, I got 4 years of college for (for Elementary Education) for just about $7000! Go find the $, it's out there! Good Luck! :)

ezmoney163
04-05-2004, 10:09 AM
Thanks!! But like I said in original post I can not apply for these other things until next month. She wants to sit down with me and do them. So ........... I donno for now. LOL