PDA

View Full Version : Have you had root work done on your teeth need advice

Nanc952
04-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Broke a tooth :( and am told that to put a crown in the tooth they will have to kill the root has anyone has had this done also will need to put a pin in to hold the crown.
Right now it does not hurt and the price they quoted me I am still in shock :eek: :eek:
The only other option is to have it pulled. But am wondering would that be better :confused:
Just wanting to know what others that have had this done think of it. Is it worth the pain and price? :confused:

*Kiss*
04-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Heck.. if its a tooth in the back you probably wouldnt even notice is gone *appearance wise* probably less expensive as well.. I almost had to have root work done on one of my back teeth.. decided to pull it out with my wisdoms.. saved me $$ as well by just pulling it :) since it was a back tooth.. :)

sinned96
04-04-2004, 11:15 PM
I'm about to have this done in the next month or so. They told me its about $800 for the root canal and crown and that's with my discount dental plan I have. The normal price is about $1800

teenies*mom
04-05-2004, 02:06 AM
I had the crown / root canal done last September - well last month I ended up getting a really big infection under the tooth and the infection went right down into my bone - so I ended up having the tooth pulled - and I am still paying for the other work I had done - so I vote for the extraction - I will never have another root canal done - I would rather have them pulled.

JWWB2000
04-05-2004, 05:26 AM
I had a root canal done and then ended up having to have the tooth pulled because it cracked under the crown. I was lucky that I was in the Navy when this happened but by having the tooth pulled, it has caused other problems as well.

I would have to say that it will totatlly be up to you on how you handle the situation. Good luck with whatever you decide to have done.

DBackFan
04-05-2004, 07:21 AM
I just had my 7th root canal done (RTC) on a tooth that gave a lot of grief. It had so much filling it had to be ground down so now it needs a post before they can crown it. MY cost AFTER insurance is 500.00!

I have had some pulled too but this one is a needed tooth! Good luck to you. My teeth just die on me for some reason and then ANOTHER RTC.

lizbet
04-05-2004, 07:28 AM
I have one crown and need another one on a tooth where the filling broke. That was a couple of years ago. Yikes! The tooth doesn't hurt. I know I should go. Good luck with yours.

kmtsn
04-05-2004, 08:24 AM
i just went last thrsday and had all of my teeth pulled was done in 19 minutes so right now im gumming it will get fitted for false ones in a month my teeth were terrible and it was going to cost so much to get work done then for how long it would have lasted who knows thought i would just share that with you

texasgander
04-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Yes, and OUCH! It was a very back bottom molar.......lasted about 7-8 years....needed another one on same tooth but opted to have it pulled....I don't miss it......if it's a back one I say pull it.........

VALENA-)45
04-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Nanc952~DON'T Have The Root Canal Work Done. I Had It Done To My Front Tooth And Paid For It Later. Even With It Done, My Tooth Still Hurt, It Got Iinfected And Had To Be Pulled. I Now, Have Dentures. My Father Had Told Me Never Have It Done, Cause You Teeth Will Still Hurt. But It Was Too Late. Like Some Of The Other Posters Said Here, "if It Is Not In The Front, Have It Pulled". Hope You Feel Better Soon, Good Luck.