PDA

View Full Version : What happened when you forgot Daylight Savings?

jan8262
04-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Since it is that time again -

What has happened to you when you forgot to set your clocks up or back?

When my daughters were young (1 and 3) we were selling the condo to move into the house. Our realtor called, said he was bringing by someone to look at the condo at 11 on Sun, can we please be out of the house.

So we're all taking showers, changing diapers, eating breakfast, and rushing around to get out by 10:30.

Sure enough, at what I thought was 10 am, he shows up with a couple to view the house! It was a complete mess! Dishes out, wet towels all over, nekkid babies running around.

Needless to say, they were in and out in record time!

justme23
04-02-2004, 11:16 AM
When I was in high school in the spring, we set the clock forward but we moved it to a different plug before we did and I forgot to reset the alarm... so it went off at midnight and we got up, showered, did hair and makeup and went to school... when we showed up and it was still dark and the parking lot empty we couldn't figure out what was goin on... finally looked at my watch and realized it was almost 2 am... so back home and to bed we went... skipped school that day and got yelled at for leavin the house at 1am... oh well... still can't figure out why we didn't look at the clock even once before we left.

MsLynn
04-02-2004, 11:30 AM
never fails, that on the spring forward people always forget and i'm stuck at work for an extra hr, cause "THEY FORGOT", but i guarantee when its "fall back" they never forget and show up early, lol

evrita
04-02-2004, 11:41 AM
I lucked out this year I didnt have to work 3rd when the clocks were turned back which mean i work 9 hours instead of 8 and spring ahead I work 3-11 whoooo

MsLynn
04-02-2004, 11:48 AM
shoot you got lucky i did and we were on 12 hrs, 7p-7a lol so i ended up working 13.... oh man what a long night, lmao, and my radio log sure looked funny, having two 2am hrs on it, lol

Gumball1960
04-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Don't have that problem here. Indiana time never changes. :)

jerseybarb
04-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Gumball1960
Don't have that problem here. Indiana time never changes. :)

Yeah, the cows might get confused!!! LOL I'm up near the Michigan state line, where is Anderson?

evrita
04-02-2004, 02:28 PM
shoot you got lucky i did and we were on 12 hrs, 7p-7a lol so i ended up working 13.... oh man what a long night, lmao, and my radio log sure looked funny, having two 2am hrs on it, lol

Its great our went on a call and got back before the call even happened I love putting it in the log They came back said damn we are good !!!! The only part of the job thats a son of a gun is changing the clocks the telephone ones are automatic but we have this old clock and it gives you time in 24 hours people come and and go umm how do you read that??

Tracy'sMom
04-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Late for Church. Hubby was mad to.

Gumball1960
04-05-2004, 04:59 AM
Yeah, the cows might get confused!!! LOL I'm up near the Michigan state line, where is Anderson?

Anderson's about 20 miles NE of Indianapolis. :)