PDA

View Full Version : Physical Therapy Water Question

queenangie
04-01-2004, 06:01 AM
Ya'll recall I got hurt at work last Thursday - my back. I started P.T. Wednesday and just had heat treatment.
Today I start water therapy in the warm pool. Anybody every have this? It'll be my first time today. Have to bring my swimsuit. I'm hoping that my blonde hair will not turn a green color.
Any details appreciated.
Thank you!
Angie

buttrfli
04-01-2004, 06:12 AM
My hubby had to go through that it not only did he enjoy it, it really helped him (he has major probs w/ his legs)

As far as your hair goes, you could pin it up, or maybe buy a swim cap :)

YankeeMary
04-01-2004, 06:13 AM
Angie I was in it for 3 years and I loved it...sure makes a difference being weightless....you will be able to work out better in the pool...and you shouldn't get your hair wet..if so just the ends of it so just tie it up...really tho it is the best theraphy I ever went through...good luck.

queenangie
04-01-2004, 07:49 AM
Thank you, buttrfli
& YankeeMary! I appreciate your help!

Starr_79
04-01-2004, 08:34 AM
If you end up having to get your hair wet, try to get it all wet with tap water before you get in the pool. That way your hair won't absorb so much of the chlorine. And also, try to rinse your hair with tap water as soon as you get out of the pool. That's what I usually do.

Also, let us know how the water therapy goes. My step dad is supposed to start that in a few days, and I'm sure he and my mom would like to hear how it goes. We (his family & friends)are all hoping for his sake that it is like buttrfli and YankeeMary says, because he can't walk right now due to his leg injuries, and he is pretty down, so we hoped that being able to move in the pool would lift his spirits.

MamaFairal
04-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Beware of sharks in the water....lol

Enjoy the pool while ya have it it does help with back problems and what Mary said about being weightless is awesome.
You wont wanna get outta the water once ya get in!

schsa
04-01-2004, 08:53 AM
It works the muscles without the impact that you have if you are working out on hard ground. It is suppose to be the best form of therapy. Keep your hair pinned up as well.

queenangie
04-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Cool! Thank you!

evrita
04-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Let me know how it goes I start next week myself I was doing PT for months then I went for a check up at the dr office turns out from the impact of the reg PT my knees delvoped bursitus. I then got a couple of cortizone shots

queenangie
04-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Water Therapy is great!
Water is really warm, but not as warm as a whirlpool.
I was in for 30 minutes with several stretching
and walking exercises.
Then on the inwater treadmill for 12 minutes.
I'm on ice right now, but it was very good therapy!
I go again tomorrow afternoon.

Kept my hair & head out of the water. It did not turn green! LOL!
Evrita, how yours goes as well.
Hugs,
Angie