PDA

View Full Version : foodsaver vacuum sealer

caides_mom
03-31-2004, 03:42 PM
i was wondering if any of you had one of these and do you use it much?

Angelseyes28
03-31-2004, 04:57 PM
Bumping up because I want to know the answer too;)

I have been wanting one ever since I saw it on tv....just don't wanna dish out that kind of money though. Every time I go to Walmart I check to see if the price has went down any lol.

annie169
03-31-2004, 05:02 PM
I bought it and I LOVE IT!! If you buy your food in bulk, its WONDERFUL!! I buy the big pieces of meat from Costco and hubby cuts them up and I seal them and put them in the freezer. I also did some strawberries...they are so good! Strawberry shortcake all year long. And if you use the bags for things like veggies or fruit...you can wash them with good hot water and soap and re-use them. I dont recommend doing this with meat although they say you can.

whirlygirl
03-31-2004, 05:03 PM
We have had one for several years now and use it constantly. It's a permanent fixture sitting out on our counter and we are very happy with it. We save and seal all kinds of foods and have even saved the clothes our kids came home to us in. I highly recommend it if you frequently have to throw food out because it's gone bad before you get to eat it (something we were always doing), like buying in bulk, or are fighting freezer burn.

Taegus
03-31-2004, 05:27 PM
Next question, where is the cheapest place to find one? Does brand name=quality in this case, or can you go with an off brand and get the same results? How difficult is it to obtain "refill" baggies?

annie169
03-31-2004, 05:40 PM
I bought mine at Costco. I've found the bags at Walmart. I got a "starter set" from Costco that had the sealer, 3 canisters with lids and a lid to use on a coffee can to keep the coffee fresh. it was $149, but when you buy in bulk, its worth the $$ it saves you from food going bad. Foodsaver is a good brand. I'm not sure on the off brand ones.

crumskid
03-31-2004, 07:04 PM
I love mine.. I dehydrate alot of foods and buy in bulk, so, it has really saved us alot.

I got mine at Tuesday Morning for $59.00 on a GREAT SALE. I don't have the canisters, but, don't think I would use them much anyway.