PDA

View Full Version : how do you freeze bread items?

mightyman
03-30-2004, 06:04 PM
ok - so i live alone - i have no wife or gf hehe - me all alone in this big world - ok ill stop rambling

anywhoo - when i buy a pack of hamburger buns - they come in 8 pkg -- i only eat 1-2 before they go bad

so i try freezing them - but after that they become like very dry even if i toast them

i buy the peperidge farm cuz well they are the best

anyone have an idea for a lonely man and his buns? (to keep them tasting good that is HAHAHA

thanks!

jaybird
03-30-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by mightyman
anyone have an idea for a lonely man and his buns? (to keep them tasting good that is HAHAHA

thanks!

Wash them regularly.
:D :D :D :D

buttrfli
03-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by jaybird
Wash them regularly.
:D :D :D :D

ROFLAMO!

annie169
03-30-2004, 06:09 PM
A lonely man's buns?? hahahahaa:D I usually just pull what I need out and let them thaw at room temperature. Oh wait, you're Mr. Bachelor and dont plan your meals a day ahead or even that morning. :) You're probably trying to thaw them in the microwave or toater arent ya?? lol. Bread of any kind will go dry if you try thawing that way.

mightyman
03-30-2004, 06:28 PM
annie hehehe hahah heheh

uhm yea toaster oven

i never use my micro - i hate those damn micro meals

so you are saying if i take it out in the morning it will be better?

annie169
03-30-2004, 06:35 PM
annie hehehe hahah heheh

uhm yea toaster oven

so you are saying if i take it out in the morning it will be better? Do I know Bachelors or what?? .http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-086.gif
Yes, it will be MUCH better!! But keep them covered while thawing...like in a ziploc baggie or such. You might even (uhoh domestic goddess tip here) seperate them into baggies when you get home so all you have to do is grab it out of the freezer quick.

mightyman
03-30-2004, 06:36 PM
maybe i should ask the cute girl at the store to come to my apt to help me put my buns in baggies

jaybird
03-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Maybe you should ask the cute girl at the store to come thaw out your buns...

:D

annie169
03-30-2004, 06:38 PM
maybe i should ask the cute girl at the store to come to my apt to help me put my buns in baggies Um, er, I think I'm glad I"m married right now....or maybe not?? roflmao!!!:D

YankeeMary
03-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Whatever you do don't put your frozen chicken on your dry buns....lol...that will create havoc...hehe...I hope you find a little sweetie to help you with your buns.

mightyman
03-30-2004, 06:42 PM
hahahaha yankeemary

uhm i hate buying food and throwing it away -- i find i throw out so much food every week :(