PDA

View Full Version : uggg my period is this normal?!

Sweetberries
03-30-2004, 12:13 AM
I used to be on the depo pervo it's been a year and 1/2 since I stopped I am feeling much better now my periods only last for about 2 or 3 days :) but what I don't understand is I alrady had my period this month and now it started again today :( is this normal ?! should I go to the doctor or just leave it alone? plmk

MySonNick1
03-30-2004, 12:29 AM
I would probably go to the doctor just to find out, but I know that depo pervo messes up your periods.

annie169
03-30-2004, 01:42 AM
I know after I went off my bc shots, my periods were ALL screwed up so bad that I had to get on the pill to get them regulated for a while. Just my experience...and I've heard others had probs too..

FatWallit
03-30-2004, 02:42 AM
Hmn I'm having the same problems. I went off Depo 3 years ago though. Sometimes my period is about a week late (hubby and I are trying for our first baby) and I get all hopeful, and then it comes for about 3 days. Then when I think its gone it comes back and its very very light for about a week

DivineMsDi
03-30-2004, 05:03 AM
If you are in your 30s, be ready for irregular periods. You have to go by what is happening and your age. Sometimes you can have more bleeding if u have a cyst or something.

They say if you have 3 irregular ones you need to see the dr. I had one REALLY bad one last July and wound up anemic. If you bleed heavy or long, I suggest some iron pills and go to the gyno.

Good luck.

JWWB2000
03-30-2004, 05:52 AM
If you are worried, just give your ob/gyn office a call, tell them what is going on, and they will either want to see you or give you some advice on what to try. Good luck.

hotdoglove
03-30-2004, 11:23 AM
i don't know what to tell you- but if i were you i'd see a doctor just to ease my mind! hope it gets normal for ya~

FatWallit
03-30-2004, 01:41 PM
I just turned 29. Hubby teased me saying its early Menopause! It could also be stress..?

zitra
03-30-2004, 03:03 PM
I feel for you since this is not normal for you...I however would LOVE to have one that was four days long, even if I had two of them. My last cycle was 17 days.

MISSYNAUGLE
03-30-2004, 05:26 PM
My period has been messed up all my life and im 28! I was on the pill for 3 years because of excess bleeding then when I went off it I had no period for 1 year then got it for months straight. I had a D&C to stop the bleeding and it worked I ended up with no period again. Me & hubby were trying to get pregnant so the doctor put me on a pill to induce periods which worked good but as soon as he took me off I did not get a period for 2 months.Now I have had it for 3 weeks straight and im tired of going to the doctor for nothing, so good luck

janelle
03-30-2004, 05:37 PM
I did that in my thirties and didn't stop my periods until I was 48 so I don't think it has anything to do with menopause. Menopause is where you won't get a period for a long time in between not two in one month. I would sometimes get them in two weeks. Maybe you are not ovulating. Have a doc check you out since you want to get pregnant. I just heard it maybe a sign of that but I'm not a doc. I wasn't married so I never had it checked. I know, I was stupid.:rolleyes:

Sweetberries
03-30-2004, 07:27 PM
thank you everyone :)Iam 31 just for those you were asking I think it might be stress related Iam working and our place is turned upside down and were getting ready to move I am just guessing it might be those things but I am going to talk with my mom about it and see if she thinks I should go to the doctor also for the last 2 weeks I haven't been able to sleep on my left side it hurts really bad is this related at all to my period ? as soon as I can I am going to try to schedule a doctor's appointment

zitra
03-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by sweetberries
thank you everyone :)Iam 31 just for those you were asking I think it might be stress related Iam working and our place is turned upside down and were getting ready to move I am just guessing it might be those things but I am going to talk with my mom about it and see if she thinks I should go to the doctor also for the last 2 weeks I haven't been able to sleep on my left side it hurts really bad is this related at all to my period ? as soon as I can I am going to try to schedule a doctor's appointment
I am having pain n my left side and sometimes my right, but am also having pelvic pain, as well as back pain. I am goig nto the Dr. next week to be checked for endometriosis. I am 31 too.

DivineMsDi
03-31-2004, 05:28 AM
Maybe you have a cyst..

Here is my dull story for you. I was being treated last July for bleeding. I bled for about 2 weeks. Went to the gyno and she put me on provera. Did not work. She said try b/c pills. All along I kept saying to my sister, I think I am ovulating 2 times a month. You know when you ovulate, u get white mucous. Well I was getting it 2 times, one time tinged with blood. I skipped the b.c. pills as they made me sick. I took a course of provera for 10 days in August, I believe and Sept. The dr. suggested from biopsy I had hyperplasia (growing outside the uterus of cells). Okay, everything was fine at my recheck. She said if you have problems you can get the d n c. I was fine, I mean regular again without meds until Feb. I had a recheck again and they found a cyst. I was panicking. She was saying surgery the first thing out of her mouth. My left side hurt like heck and I felt awful.

I also had some other medical problems in FEB/early March that I thought were the cyst. Did not get my period, I thought, in Feb. She had done the biopsy the same time as it was due and I bled after for a few days. She suggested after all tests negative I go on the pill.

She was pushing for surgery. I was due back 4/1 for a recheck (yes again).

My period was late this month, but I got it last week. It was normal.

I also think my cyst went away. I can't feel it anymore.

Tomorrow I go to the dr.(a new one) for a follow up.

So you know, so many things can cause problems. Sorry to go on and on. They cannot always find the problem. Sometimes it MAY go away.

Good luck.