PDA

View Full Version : Problem with computer

christina7_ca
03-28-2004, 12:10 PM
hi, I have a problem with my computer, everytime I try to scan disk it starts to work , but then it keeps restarting. I have nothing else open and have try to reboot the computer. Also I have spybot , and everytime I try to check for problems or try to download any updates, it starts to work, but then it freezes. Disk defrag will also not wrk. Can anyone help me. Thanks

babymaniac
03-28-2004, 02:19 PM
First of all .Try using cntrl-alt -delete and make sure you end task on everything but explorer.Then try.Also make sure you shut down any screen savers or backgrounds you may have running on desktop. Hope that helps.

MsLynn
03-28-2004, 03:27 PM
on my computer it restarts several times, i was told thats what it was supposed to do. if you pay attention, it will get back up to where it was fairly quickly. it always restarts several times and then it goes through it just fine, try leaving it, and let it keep going see if it finishes

Eyore
03-28-2004, 05:20 PM
We had a computer that we couldn't get through scan disk but we could defrag. If we tried to scan disk it would restart then after 10 times stop and I would have to start over again. What we ended up doing was putting the computer in safe mode then running scan disk. It would still start over a few times but it would make it through a scan then.
Find out how to put your computer in safe mode then try it. I can't tell you how to do it. I don't know if all systems work the same or not for this. My husband had to show me how to do it.

dog$
03-29-2004, 10:36 PM
To get to save mode, I think you need to press F8 or 9 repeatedly while the computer is booting up.

booker'sbaby24
03-30-2004, 08:56 AM
what is it?