PDA

View Full Version : The secret to scrambled eggs?

Vertigo
03-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Besides being at the stove to monitor the pan and scrape the sides a bit. How do you make those nice fluffy yellow eggs? Mine come out kind of scorched and pellet-like. Ketchup covers a multitude of sins, but for once, I would like them fuzzy chick yellow and fluffy.

MsLynn
03-27-2004, 04:18 PM
medium heat and a little bit of milk whipped in with the eggs

caides_mom
03-27-2004, 04:19 PM
i add alittle milk or water then wisk them, and don't add salt until after they have cooked

evrita
03-27-2004, 04:20 PM
I cover mine too and wait before stirring them

buttrfli
03-27-2004, 04:21 PM
I add a little milk and cook em in the microwave lol

babymaniac
I add a little milk. Beat them really well before putting in the pan and then with a spoon ,I just sort of life up the cooked egg and let the raw egg under.Don't beat them to much in the pan or over-cook.

MamaFairal
*order them at Denny's*

LOL

Tracy'sMom
03-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by MamaFairal
*order them at Denny's*

LOL

LOL!!! Thats what I have to do.:)

ocvachick
03-27-2004, 04:34 PM
I use 1/2 water and 1/2 milk.... mom does hers only with water and they arent very good.. also i add black pepper

Ladytiger
03-27-2004, 04:37 PM
I melt some margarine in the pan first. I add a few drops of milk to the eggs and make sure that the whites are beaten good. Then I sort of whip them as they are going from the bowl into the pan. I fluff them as they are cooking. If you let them set in the pan, they get hard.

Vertigo
03-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Well, I like IHOP myself :D Kind of messed up the eggs, think I put too much milk in.

nanajoanie
03-27-2004, 05:10 PM
I never made a decent scrambled egg. Hubby made the best. He was hard to beat with eggs, bacon, sausage, red eye gravy, fried taters. Oh my goodness I miss his cooking...

DAVESBABYDOLL
03-27-2004, 05:44 PM
I was watching Good Morning America and they had a cook on there making eggs.He said to add water then wisk.He said water makes them fluffier.Med heat and melt butter first.

Faithfully
03-27-2004, 05:44 PM
For some reason, restaurant eggs always taste better then homemade(IMO). I use a little milk(tsp per egg), and cream cheese in mine. I cook them halfway, then I take them off the heat,cover, and let sit for a couple of minutes, then I uncover, fluff, add salt and pepper, and they are pretty great.

mamalamas
03-27-2004, 06:41 PM
I was watching Good Morning America and they had a cook on there making eggs.He said to add water then wisk.He said water makes them fluffier.Med heat and melt butter first.

That is how I make mine .. and I beat the living yolk out of the egg ... lol ... they are yellow all the way through, without the white streaks, and they are fluffier! I worked in many restaurants, usually they beat the eggs on the milkshake machine :eek: .. and cook them in buttered flavored oil :eek: I don't do scrambled for breakfast at a restaurant~~LOL !!!

*Kiss*
03-27-2004, 07:28 PM
Add Sour Cream ;)

advocate
03-27-2004, 07:31 PM
The best way to cook them is to add butter to the pan, and whip your eggs in a bowl with a little milk as mentioned above, but how you cook it is very important so you dont end up with tough chunks of eggs. Get your skillet to a medium tempurature, make sure the bottom is coated with butter, pour in your whisked eggs. When the bottom starts to cook, draw your spatula through the middle scraping a stripe of eggs up and the liquid eggs from the sides should fill in the space you made, turn the skillet a quarter turn and do this again when that area is cooked, this way the eggs arent getting all chopped up in the pan as soon as an area is cooked just draw the spatula across the bottom and take them out a few seconds before they look done, they keep cooking on the plate. They will be soft and delicious.

Taegus
03-27-2004, 07:43 PM
I agree, I too use milk....in a pinch (if you are out of milk) a little dollop of mayo (not miracle whip) and not too much. But milk works better. I agree with adding salt afterwards too.

Dolly<3
03-27-2004, 09:14 PM
My sister adds milk, butter, and cheese and they're yummy. I HATE eggs, but I'll eat her scrambled eggs...and cheese omelets. I've tried making them before and they get all brown and fall apart into tiny pieces.

Shancopp
03-27-2004, 10:22 PM
I use about 1/8th a cup of heavy whipping cream. Don't add salt to raw eggs, it toughens them. That is what I read. I like to stir them in the pan, so not to get an "omlet". I want fluffy chunks of eggs. MMM....I eat alot of them, I'm on Atkins.

adair
03-27-2004, 10:25 PM
A little bit of really cold water whisked into the eggs before putting them in the pan on the heat. For some reason the colder the water the fluffier they seem to get.

I have put an ice cube in a small amount of water and waiting a little bit and then used the water and was amazed at how nice they were.

unicorn9149
03-28-2004, 01:21 AM
1 tablespoon of water per egg. Also the cooking method described above about using the spatula scrapping from the middle.

justme23
03-28-2004, 02:06 AM
Well I cook mine w/ olive oil instead of butter and I don't add milk or water or salt and pepper to the eggs... I cook over medium heat and kind of let them cook themselves... very little fluffing... they never come out hard or streaky and most ppl would rather have my eggs than go out and pay 4 bucks at a restaurant. I can't cook much, but I can definitely cook scrambled eggs.

mesue
03-28-2004, 02:51 AM
Well I beat my eggs up adding only salt and pepper and while doing this turn the stove on high with butter melting, once the skillet is really hot and all the butter is melted and sizzling, I dump the eggs in then turn the heat back to medium, as soon as I see the eggs puffing up I start pushing the eggs toward the middle and turning then repeatedly doing the same until their done, I like mine best done but not dry.

Kelsey1224
03-28-2004, 07:49 AM
Well...my stepdad was a short order cook. He did much of what everyone says here.

So...my at-home version...use a wisk to really get them beaten and well-mixed.

Don't stir them in the pan. Fill the bottom of the pan with the mixture. As it begins cooking, draw the cooked egg toward the center of the pan...tilting the pan to make the uncooked portion move over to the pan edges from where you have pulled the cooked egg.

Keep doing this until most of the egg mixture is cooked. Then, flip over the eggs (or turn over)...that will get the top cooked. Eggs will be very fluffy!