PDA

View Full Version : what is your child afraid of

hotdoglove
03-27-2004, 03:24 PM
my kids are terrified of the vacuum cleaner!!! they call it the monster!!! how long did it last?

MsLynn
03-27-2004, 03:32 PM
well my middle one is the only one of my 3 that are afraid of anything and he swears people talk to him at night, lol the other 2 are only afraid of MOM!!, lol

halvarado
03-27-2004, 03:43 PM
my 7 YO used to be afraid of fireworks, clowns, the vaccuum, and santa
my 3YO doesnt' like any of the big characters that are at chuck e cheese type places, fireworks, and when it suits her, she is afraid of the dark:)
my 2YO so far doesn't show fear--well, really loud noises bother him

my 7 YO is over it, does that help??LOL i don't know how long it took her, i pretty much HAVE to vacuum, so she had to get over it, ya know? i would hold her while i did and that seemed to help. :)

twinkiesmom
03-27-2004, 03:53 PM
ME! lol j/k

I don't really think they were afraid of anything physical like vacuums. In fact, my boy loves to vacuum the floor. He's been running the vacuum here since he was 4!

hotdoglove
03-27-2004, 04:02 PM
i hope mine get over the vacuum fear soon! I have to vaccum to- the girls always make a mess lol!!!

Kyla Kym
03-27-2004, 04:04 PM
When mine was little he was afraid of jets going over.
It's was my fault though because when they would, I would look at him wide eyed and suck in my breath real quick....he would run to me and wrap around me like a little monkey.

I just loved when he would do that....I know I'm evil....gotta get hugs any way I can though. ;)

Ladytiger
03-27-2004, 04:43 PM
My 14 yr old is terrified of clowns. She is the same way with puppets/marionettes and ventriloquists dummies. I have NO idea what made her that way either.

cpbaby
03-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Lets see....

The 15 yr old is scared of the dark. Hes getting better since he started coon hunting, but they carry spotlights and guns.:rolleyes:

The 10 yr old is scared of my garage. ESPECIALLY if a cat is out there. We used to have a OLD mean cat that would climb the garage door and peer in. When Nick was about 4, he saw the cat do that one time and the cats eyes were GLOWING from the moon shining on them. Scared him to death.

nanajoanie
03-27-2004, 05:05 PM
My oldest daughter was afraid of the broom...cuz when she saw it she knew she had to sweep the bathroom. It was the smallest room in the house when she was 4. All my kids started having 'chores' when they hit 4. Maybe take the trash outside, empty an ashtray, bring small wastebaskets to the big one in the laundry room. Simple and lightweight things they could handle for their age. And can you believe this: The boys are fantastic househelpers and they are 36 and 41 now.

cleaningla
03-27-2004, 05:40 PM
My oldest was affraid of fog. He was late for school a couple times because he wouldn't go outside until it went away.

Gia
03-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Our oldest son (8yrs) is afraid of 'buttons'.:confused:.yes I DID say buttons. He will NOT wear ANY shirt with buttons. I have no clue why.:confused:
Our youngest (6yrs) is afraid of the dark because he says the 'ghosts' will not let him get to sleep~they just always want to talk to him..:eek: ...:eek: .Again....not a clue

KATinKY
03-27-2004, 07:34 PM
My 6 year old daughter is scared to death of puppys and dogs, ever since she seen my nephew get bit really bad by a greyhound dog, and she is terrified of them now, and i am talking she goes into panic and with her astma, makes it even worse, so we warn her way ahead of the time when we see one. My other kids are not scared of anything, thank goodness.

jaybird
03-27-2004, 08:06 PM
My dot's 24 and she's petrified of E.T. Seriously. Deeply traumatized as a 2 or 3 year old when she insisted we take her to see the original movie. She still cannot watch the movie, can't stand to look at him, and heaven help her if someone says, "I'll be right here."

MsLynn
03-27-2004, 08:09 PM
my sister is 37 years old and still is terrified when she turns out the light at night, i don't care if the bed is 20 feet from the light switch, i swear her feet don't touch the ground between the light and her bed, OMG its too funny, i used to terrify her, one night i hid in her closet (she always makes sure its closed at night) so i slid it open, and she turned away, and i slid i closed, then she'd look away and i'd slide it back open. lol was too funny.

spongebob
03-27-2004, 08:31 PM
my 19 yr. old is afraid of escalators and baby powder. yeah yeah i know its weird, but she says every time she sees baby powder she wants to grind her teeth.

1tiredmom
03-27-2004, 10:46 PM
DDi (16 years old) doesn't like dogs-where we used to live they had a doberman next door and she would actually cross the street, when she got past their house then she come back on our side to come in(still leery of dogs)and up until she was about 12 she was terrified of storms when it would storm in the middle of the night she'd come jumping into our bed -thinking back there was one really bad storm that was constantly thundering and lightening and all nite long when it thunder and lighten dh & i would part like the red sea and didn't really get to sleep soundly that night waiting for her to come diving in & that was the only storm that she slept thru!lol but ya know i miss it now

ShelleyG
03-28-2004, 05:34 AM
the vacume cleaner, chelsea runs like a banshie every time I put it on LOL