PDA

View Full Version : Some Men should be SHOT!

cpbaby
03-27-2004, 01:31 PM
I know its none of my business, but SOMETIMES MEN MAKE ME SO MAD!:mad:

Incedent #1:

Was at WalMart trying to print pictures(didnt work, btw). THis guy comes STORMING into the electronics section and goes to the end of the next aisle over. He hollers "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DID I TELL YOU TO COME HERE?" Ok, Ive done that with my kids, especially if I am in the checkout and they wander off. I heard someone mumble. Then he says "COME HERE!" and points to the ground by his feet. I hear a voice say "But I just wanted...." He cut the voice off and said "I SAID COME HERE NOW! again pointing to the ground by his feet. The person he was talking to came there --- IT WAS HIS WIFE!:mad: THEN he said "Thats better. You need to go get a different loaf of bread. You know better than to get one with spots on the bottom."

I looked at Sophie(11 weeks old) and told her If her daddy EVER spoke to me that way, Id coldcock his dead @ss so fast he wouldnt know what hit him! That man just STARED at me! :mad:

Incedent #2:

Left WalMart, went to Sav-A-Lot. Was shopping, no biggie. This older man and woman was shopping with their grandbaby(about 5 yrs old). The grandbaby was screeching. She didnt like this, she didnt like that. The grandmother would tell her to hush, the grandfather would tell the grandmother to "shut up and leave her alone". Then I got behind them at the checkout. At our Sav-A-Lot, you have to put your own groceries in the cart after the cashier bags them. He was HOLDING the 5 yr old, telling his wife how to put the bags in the cart. THEN he proceeds to tell the cashier in great lengths about his bad back and how he cant lift anything. OH YEAH BUDDY! That 5 yr old weighs SOO MUCH LESS than those groceries! :mad:

Ok, Im better now. Well, no not really, but I got it out. I told the DH about the guy at WalMart and he told me I should have asked that woman why on earth she let him talk to her that way and why she didnt kick his @ss.

EgHunny
03-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Oh man!! If I wouldve been there, you bet I wouldve hit him into next week... That is just wrong!!

VALENA-)45
03-27-2004, 01:48 PM
OK, I KNOW THIS IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE FUNNY BUT, ALL I COULD DO WAS LAUGH. THAT MAN WAS DEAD WRONG TALKING LIKE THAT TO HIS WIFE IN PUBLIC, HE NEEDS A MAN TO STAND UP TO HIM. I DON'T TOLIRATE, ANYBODY HOLLERING OR YELLING AT ME. AND I LOVE WHAT YOU TOLD THE BABY, THAT'S THE FUNNY PART.

tsquared
03-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by VALENA-)45
OK, I KNOW THIS IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE FUNNY BUT, ALL I COULD DO WAS LAUGH. THAT MAN WAS DEAD WRONG TALKING LIKE THAT TO HIS WIFE IN PUBLIC, HE NEEDS A MAN TO STAND UP TO HIM. I DON'T TOLIRATE, ANYBODY HOLLERING OR YELLING AT ME. AND I LOVE WHAT YOU TOLD THE BABY, THAT'S THE FUNNY PART.
that man needs his wife to stand up to him and tell him how she feels or it will never do any good. No one ever deserves to be belittled no matter how old they are!!!

hotdoglove
03-27-2004, 02:08 PM
amen to that!

Dolly<3
03-27-2004, 02:30 PM
That's so sad. :( I don't know what I'd have done. :eek: I mean I'd want to say something, but I'm shocked and speechless just reading it!

MamaFairal
03-27-2004, 02:40 PM
I agree..SHOOT EM ALL!

I would of very politely explained to that wife that what her "man" was doing is called abuse and she doesnt have to take it.

But then again i am the loud mouth who yells at women for leaving their kids in shopping carts alone while they walk down the isle to get something else.....lol

babymaniac
03-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by MamaFairal
I agree..SHOOT EM ALL!

I almost totally agree. I would spare the sperm donors and auto mechanics . LOL

ttistin
03-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by VALENA-)45

that is just it, if he is willing to talk to and treat his wife like this in public what does he do when they are home alone?? :( :mad: :mad:

If my dh ever talked to me like that {and meant it} he would be picking his sorry butt up off the floor....Next week!

advocate
03-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Obviously she tolerates it, its her business, she must like him or she wouldnt be with him, its her business. If she doesnt like it she always has the option of leaving.

cpbaby
03-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Honestly, I wanted to say something straight to his face, but I was worried about what he would do to her when he got home. There were some other things he said, but thats what stick out in my mind the most.

Damnifiknw
03-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Obviously she tolerates it, its her business, she must like him or she wouldnt be with him, its her business. If she doesnt like it she always has the option of leaving.

Exactly! I imagine she has a mouth and is able to use it. Most women allow men to treat them like dogs.

Kyla Kym
03-27-2004, 08:00 PM
The sad part is that when you take up for someone like that, they usually have hell to pay once they get alone with him again.

I know from experience...I took up for a girl like that once when her hubby was bad mouthing her in my store. He was mad when he left the store, I could tell...made me feel better telling him off for the way he was treating her, but the next time I talked to her she thanked me for taking up for her but she also said he started raising hell at her because I did.
:(

CatrinaF25
03-27-2004, 10:13 PM
"Obviously she tolerates it, its her business, she must like him or she wouldnt be with him, its her business. If she doesnt like it she always has the option of leaving"

Actully.. this does NOT mean she likes it. You never knows whats going on fully..She may be Scared for her LIFE if she leaves. She may feel she has NO choice. when ABUSE happens usuauly it is not stopped for years if ever. all because someone is scared. this is NOT their fault. ABUSE IS NEVER the fault of the person being abused.

advocate
03-27-2004, 10:29 PM
ACtually, there is always a way out, there are shelters and the police will help you find one, I was abused terribly for years and honestly if I really wanted out, I could have gotten out, I tolerated it, and anyone else that stays is tolerating it. The thing is that these women "love" these men, they are the first ones to bail them out if they get arrested for abuse, trust me, very few are literally "trapped" its a choice we make, and we are accountable for every time we get abused after the first time, we chose to stay, we chose to be abused.

momfromTN
03-28-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by advocate
ACtually, there is always a way out, there are shelters and the police will help you find one, I was abused terribly for years and honestly if I really wanted out, I could have gotten out, I tolerated it, and anyone else that stays is tolerating it. The thing is that these women "love" these men, they are the first ones to bail them out if they get arrested for abuse, trust me, very few are literally "trapped" its a choice we make, and we are accountable for every time we get abused after the first time, we chose to stay, we chose to be abused.

Exactly. I have a SIL who is married to a convicted child molester on probation. We are all supposed to feel sorry for her. I feel NO sympathy, because not only is he on probation for the original offense, he got caught with a teen girl by his probation officer while SIL was out of town, and she still stays with him. Of course, the bleeding heart liberal judge did not do what they were supposed to do and put him in JAIL to serve out his time. They put him on house arrest. (whoopee) Anyway, this turd has caused a lot of heartache and embarrassment. And we are still expected to allow him to family gatherings. He is allowed around kids with supervision (I am appalled at that). I told my MIL that I do not like him around my kids and she told me I was unforgiving, and that he didn't really do anything "that bad". He felt up 2 15 yr old girls, I told her. My Inlaws make me sick. Me and DH are currently fighting over this because he thinks it is ok to take our kids around this freak, because he has never done things to boys. My thing is, HOW do we know?

Anyhoo, sorry to rant. But I agree with you. If they stay then that is their choice. There are too many ways out these days to stay with an abuser of any kind.

mesue
03-28-2004, 03:16 AM
Its best to stay out of these situations as much as possible, I have a cousin who will tell you that, he went fishing with a married couple, the guy got mad at his wife and punched her, my cousin (a guy) punched the husband for treating a woman like that, the woman then proceeded to beat the crap out of my cousin for hitting her husband. Theres not really much you can do to help someone in this situation, they have to want and ask for help.

VALENA-)45
03-28-2004, 05:49 AM
ADOVOCATE & MOMFROMTN~ YOU ARE BOTH RIGHT. I HAD AN ABUSIVE HUSBAND, WHEN IT STARED I TOLD MY MIL, ABOUT IT AND SHE SAID, "OH, I WENT THROUGH IT WITH HIS FATHER, YOU'LL GET USED TO IT". AND I TOLD HER, ONE DAY YOUR SON WILL BE DEAD, FROM BEATING ON ME. I TOOK 5 YEARS OF BEATINGS, ONE DAY I GOT TIERED, STARTED HITTING HIM BACK, AND THE NEXT TIME HE HIT ME, I TOLD HIM IF YOU EVER HIT ME AGAIN, I WILL KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND, OR IN YOUR SLEEP, PICK WHICH WAY YOU WANT TO GO. HE NEVER HIT ME AGAIN. MY MOTHER DIED, AND ALL H*LL BROKE LOOSE. HE NEVER HIT ME WHEN SHE WAS ALIVE, CAUSE SHE TOLD HIM, "NEVER HIT MY DD, I'LL KILL YOU".

AngelGrim
03-28-2004, 08:40 AM
I couldn't have held back, I would have went off on those men, then knowing how my temper is, I would have probably kicked both of them in the shin lol. I CAN'T STAND A MAN THAT TREATS A WOMAN LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damnifiknw
03-28-2004, 09:57 AM
Sorry to jump off topic..This bothers me to no end.....

He hollers "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DID I TELL YOU TO COME HERE?" Ok, Ive done that with my kids, especially if I am in the checkout and they wander off.

Why is it acceptable to talk to a child in such a manner? Am I missing something here? Would you guys say the same things if you saw a mother treating her child in the same fashion? Should we shoot them all? Some stated all men should be shot. Why not shoot all the mothers who talk to their children in the same way? I have seen mothers treat their children far worse in public.

Anyway, Someone posted she would kick the two in the shin. Not sure if she was talking about the husband & wife, but if you were to touch either of the two. You know where you'd be? In jail.

It's best to stay out of it unless you see someone beating the hell out of someone then cal for help.

cpbaby
03-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Have you never been frustrated with a child? A child that wanders off with no word and you have spent 20 minutes to 1/2 hour looking for them? ESPECIALLY a 15 yr old know-it-all? I admit I have said that to my children, and thats as far as it goes. I do not(and wont) go any farther than that.

As for saying ALL men should be shot, I dont think I did. I said SOME men should be. As far as saying anything to the men specifically, thats why I didnt. Either I would cause a horrible scene that causes the woman to be treated worse, OR one of us ends up in jail. Or maybe both.

Kyla Kym
03-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Damnifiknw
Sorry to jump off topic..This bothers me to no end.....

Why is it acceptable to talk to a child in such a manner? Am I missing something here? Would you guys say the same things if you saw a mother treating her child in the same fashion?

Just out of curiosity, how would you make an unruly child come to you if they were running all over the store and wouldn't mind you?

YankeeMary
03-28-2004, 11:45 AM
If I would have been there I would have said something like where is your dog? Then when he said I don't have a dog here then I would have said oh by the way you were talking I would have thought you were talking to a dog...lol...trust me it works...and no I don't agree to talking horribly to dogs but rather a dog then a woman/kid/man.

Kyla Kym
03-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by YankeeMary
If I would have been there I would have said something like where is your dog? Then when he said I don't have a dog here then I would have said oh by the way you were talking I would have thought you were talking to a dog...lol...trust me it works...and no I don't agree to talking horribly to dogs but rather a dog then a woman/kid/man.

Good idea :D

Damnifiknw
03-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Have you never been frustrated with a child? A child that wanders off with no word and you have spent 20 minutes to 1/2 hour looking for them?
Just out of curiosity, how would you make an unruly child come to you if they were running all over the store and wouldn't mind you?

Nevermind, You both missed my point...There's no sense in repeating what I have already stated.

AngelGrim
03-28-2004, 01:12 PM
[i]
Anyway, Someone posted she would kick the two in the shin. Not sure if she was talking about the husband & wife, but if you were to touch either of the two. You know where you'd be? In jail. [/B]

Did you see the LOL after what I said, so then you should figure I was joking, I wouldn't kick anyone anyway. But figured you would have understood I wasn't serious, after all, has anyone here ever heard of me saying I hit or kicked anyone, I don't think so but oh well. You can think of me how you want. Maybe the pms is kicking in and making me touchy:eek:

Dolly<3
03-28-2004, 01:45 PM
*kicks Angel in the shin* LOL :p

schsa
03-28-2004, 04:15 PM
It's very sad to stand back and watch another person being abused at the hands of someone who is suppose to love them. She may actually get tired of being treated like garbage one day and leave him. But until then, until she asks for help, there is very little that anyone can do to change the situation. It's obvious that she allows that controlling lout to speak to her that way. So very sad.

freebielover
03-29-2004, 07:51 AM
I was at a six flags once, and we all watched this guy throw a soda in his gf's face, then punch her in the head because she "looked" at another guy. The girl fell to the ground and a group of guys jumped on him, and he was arrested a few minutes later. It was the nastiest thing I have ever seen in my life, I don't know how some females and males put up with that kind of abuse.

sharinbo
03-29-2004, 09:39 AM
I grew up in a home where my father spoke to my mother that way ALL the time. It took her 20 yrs to finally say, "OK, I can't take this anymore" and leave for good. Of course by then, I was out on my own, so I had spent my entire childhood seeing this behavior. I guess it sunk in, because I do NOT tolerate ANYONE talking to me that way. My mom, on the other hand, managed to remarry someone who is a major alcoholic (literally can't go one day without a case of beer) and gets nasty when he drinks. Everyone who knew my mom was being mistreated by my father tried to help her see it and get away. She felt helpless and didn't think she deserved better. Even with her husband now, no matter what he says or does, she ends the conversation about it with the age-old abused wife statement, "But I LOVE him." It drives me nuts! Seeing people act like that in public usually brings me to tears because I remember growing up around it, and I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

advocate
03-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Why would your child be running around the store and acting unruly, if they are small enough they are in the basket, if they are too big they hold onto the side of the basket, if they are 15 and unruly, why the hell do you take them to the store with you? If you have 15 year old unruly child in a store, then you have bigger issues than you know. If your child is unruly the recommended method is to walk outside with them quietly and give them a time out in the car or a talking to, not yell all through the store like an banshee.

cpbaby
03-29-2004, 05:27 PM
I never said my child was unruly. I have had them wander off. It happens. Like I ALSO said, I usually raise my voice and ask "What are you doing over here? Did I say you could come over here?" and that gets the point across. I dont scream, I dont yell, but I am more forceful than usual. I also know my 15 yr old and my 10 yr old wouldnt come to me with a "tail between the legs" look like this lady had. Usually, when caught wandering off, my boys smile and apologize.

I live 45 minutes away from where a 7 yr old was abducted, sexually molested, killed and her body dumped in a field. I try very hard to stress to them they do NOT wander off. Even the 5'7", 145 lb 15 yr old.

I will not respond to you again, Advocate. You have no idea of my life or my relationship with my children. If you would like to ask my children if they are terrified of me like this woman appeared to be terrified of her husband, or if they feel belittled when I correct them if they wander off, please feel free to PM me and I will give you a phone number to call and talk to them.

advocate
03-29-2004, 07:53 PM
I didnt say you did say your kids were unruly, I was talking in hypotheticals, there are certain ways to deal with unruly kids and yelling at them is not the answer, nor is belittling, no matter how old. I have teenagers myself and the last thing Im going to do is yell or degrade them in the store.

I think you are taking this way too personal, maybe a guilty conscience, I dont even know you, I dont need to talk to your kids or anyone else, I know how to handle an unruly child.

I dont know why you felt I was attacking you, I wasnt. Speaking in generalities and hypotheticals.

If that women was terrified then she knows what to do, she can get out and leave. Been there, done that. It took me 5 years, of daily physical abuse, but I stayed so its nobody's fault but my own, however if one were to yell at thier kids and degrade them in public or anywhere else, that would be emotional abuse and Childrens Services should consider removing the child for thier own safety and well being, as they dont have the option to leave. Hopefully a teen would be smart enough to report thier own parent, but most think its normal when they are in that situation.

Sara156
03-30-2004, 11:39 AM
Advocate, just lay of her case! Can't you read or do you just choose not to? She said that she didn't belittle or degrade her kids. And where in her post, did she say that she was running around the store yelling like a banshee? How can she have a guilty conscience if she doesn't behave like that? My goodness, I don't understand why you have to attack her!!

Cpbaby, I totally agree with you. *HUGS*

advocate
03-30-2004, 03:22 PM
i never said anythihngn about her, she took it as against her, no where did I make it against her. I was speaking in generalities, she must have felt like it fit, since she took it personal.