PDA

View Full Version : WHOA ! Pope Says Don't Do *THIS* on Sundays ?

Jolie Rouge
03-26-2004, 12:00 PM
No more watching movies or football games on Sundays.

:eek:

Pope John Paul II announced on Friday that Roman Catholics should reserve Sunday as a day for God and not for secular diversions, such as entertainment and sports, reports Reuters.

"When Sunday loses its fundamental meaning and becomes subordinate to a secular concept of 'weekend' dominated by such things as entertainment and sport, people stay locked within a horizon so narrow that they can no longer see the heavens," the pontiff said in a speech to Australian bishops.

Condemning the "culture of the 'here and now,'" the Holy Father encouraged the leaders of the church to "lead men and women from the shadows of moral confusion and ambiguous thinking." Noting the secular culture is undermining family life, the pope encouraged Catholics to remain faithful to the Sunday Mass.

lassss
03-26-2004, 12:19 PM
lol you can also go on a killing spree and be redeeeemed by going to confession on Sunday..I was raised Catholic and have learned the Catholic religion is so hypocritical....Roman Catholic Priests get transferred to another Parish instead of going to prison for molesting children. Sex is for reproduction only according to the catholic religion. You cannot get married in a catholic church after being divorced, let alone allowed to have sex. Now, the church says you can have sex but you hafta be re-married. ??!!?? The Pope constantly calls for PEACE...lol there is no such thing as peace....there have been wars since the beginning of time and are still being fought over the same religious beliefs. Now I think that priests should be able to marry like other religions, perhaps there wouldn't be so many scandals and coverups ;)

hotdoglove
03-26-2004, 12:23 PM
i'm not catholic but with what i hear about them this makes me not ever want to be either - i have to agree with lassss on this

Willow
03-26-2004, 12:52 PM
Another good example of organized religion.

Dolly<3
03-26-2004, 12:57 PM
I wonder what the Pope was like when he was little. Was he raised to be the Pope or did he decide that's what he wanted to be when he grew up? Did he play and giggle and get in trouble? I'm not Catholic but I think the whole Pope thing is interesting.

JKATHERINE
03-26-2004, 01:29 PM
So glad I'm not Catholic!