PDA

View Full Version : Newport News Order

1tiredmom
03-24-2004, 11:49 AM
anyone remeber the special that Newport News had the day after christmas? well I place an order, got partial order and when I called them and asked where the bed in bag sheets were (I ordered 3 bed in bag sets for $5.00 each-I told them all I had received was 1 pair of curtains and no bed sheets -I was told I misread the ad ok -IO gave up on that because the page I bookmarked that had it was no longer there --I also then at that point told them to discontinue their membership -
Got my deferred billing today on my credit card and I am charged with the membership and things I did not get-I called and told them about the billing error anda what I had recieved -was told that this was over 3 months ago & why was I calling now-tried to explain why I was calling today and that I did call when the order came about the bed in bag deal:mad:
Has anyone else had trouble like this ?

buttrfli
03-24-2004, 12:18 PM
I have delt with them a few times and will NEVER do business with them again. They are a HORRIBLE company with HORRIBLE customer service (what a joke).

Sorry they did this to you, but I imagine there will be more posts from others about their experience.

JWWB2000
03-24-2004, 12:54 PM
I had a credit card with them and when Eddie Bauer filed for bankrupt, the card was no longer usable! :( I am still paying for the stupid card and can't even use it!! I am sorry you are having problems with them. Hope you get it resolved soon!!!

MsLynn
03-24-2004, 04:42 PM
when i placed an order with them for jeans 3 pair, same kind different color, only 1 fit when i got them, grrrrrr and trying to get them exchanged was more trouble than it was worth

zitra
03-24-2004, 08:24 PM
I won't ever order from Eddie Bauer, Newport News, or Spegiel ever again.

monii222
03-24-2004, 08:34 PM
I work for a catalog company and our reps do what they can to help the customer, I am sure not all are satisfied, but why try very hard, and you probably would have gotten your money back or the items shipped back out to you again at no charge. With no questions asked. So sorry that happened to you. I dont deal with Newport News very often, and I do not think I will again after what I have read here.

JENNIFERCATLADY
03-24-2004, 10:41 PM
I must be in the minority here. I've ordered from Newport News for about 7 years now and never had any problems. I'm sorry that this happened to you though.