PDA

View Full Version : We are going to LA!! NeedAdvice

FrEEbiZ4Me
03-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Hubby and I are looking to take a vacation to La. He searched for airline tickets and found that Air Tran Airways have the best rates. Has anyone actually flown with them before. And do you guys have any advice on so things we could do while we are down there. Also how is the weather in May? Thanks again!

Ps. We are looking to go beginning of May for my birthday! Woohooo! lol

TIA!

DBackFan
03-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Weather is great of course normally..lol You have to hit at least on of these:
Disneyland
Universal Studios
Knotts Berry Farm
Six Flags Magic Mountain

San Diego is not far and you have Sea World too. There is also The LA Zoo among many mnay things to do!

*Kiss*
03-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Ive Flown With ATA... It wasnt that bad for a value airline.. they have a frequent flier club which is better than most airlines *IMO*

Just when flying with ATA dont expect American Airlines Service Or Space for that matter LOL..

Enjoy Your Trip..

Check out the La Brea Tar Pits if you're into that kinda stuff

http://www.tarpits.org/

of course if this is your first time to Los Angeles.. check out the Hollywood Stars... Planet Hollywood.. The Wax Museum.. Disneyland (in Anaheim) if you're going to Disneyland dont forget the HUGEEEE Outlet mall on one of the Freeway Exits...

When landing in LAX you can see the Staples Center (its pretty cool) lol

So manyyyyyy things to do in Los Angeles.. Have Fun! Go to a Dodgers Game??

Woo Hooooo Take Me WIth YOU!!!! LOL

*Kiss*
03-22-2004, 04:09 PM
A List Of Los Angeles Attractions..

http://www.losangeles.com/attractions/index.shtml

Pick Up The Map Of The Stars Homes??

Go See Jay Leno??

FrEEbiZ4Me
03-22-2004, 04:09 PM
thanks guys!!!

*Kiss*
03-22-2004, 04:15 PM
Your Very Welcome!

Have Fun And Most Of All BE CAREFUL!! Its an Odd Odd World Out There In Los Angeles!!!

Check the internet (search engines) for coupons to use in Los Angeles.. it can be mighty expensive to do ALLLLLLL Those things.. so saving a buck here and there could help :)

MamaFairal
03-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Never heard of it.........keep us posted!

Willow
03-22-2004, 05:17 PM
You're so lucky! Can I come? lol I've always wanted to go and hang out in L.A. especially since Jim Morrison lived there for many years. I would love to see Laurel Canyon.

advocate
03-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Well I live in Los Angeles and unless youre rich you wont be able to do the touristy stuff or at least not that much of it. Be very careful while you're here, what city are you staying in? Its extremely dangerous here now. It will definitely be an experience. There are some famous restaurants that most people like to see, Pinks Hot Dogs for one, Jerrys Deli (these arent too expensive) Tommys Burgers or Fatburgers. Insteadof all the touristy things take a drive through the Angeles National Forest and into the mountains, or to the desert and see the rock formations at parks. At least they would be cheaper.

Be careful, the weather is usually gloomy end of May and June, then heats up in July. They call it June Gloom, we have a heavy marine layer that doesnt lift for most of the day, be prepared for all kinds of weather, its unpredictable at that time of year.

*Kiss*
03-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Tommys Burgers in Burbank *Yummy!*

DBackFan
03-22-2004, 06:28 PM
I can get you discount tickets to Six Flags for sure if you want I will raok, jlmk.

FrEEbiZ4Me
03-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Dback That would be great!!!

lisarae
03-22-2004, 07:45 PM
My only advice is take BUNCHES of money, if you smoke, that your own cigs. I don't smoke, but in '98, the cigarettes were over $5 a pack.

Dh won a trip to West Hollywood,off of a radio station. We got to go to Burbank, and to the NBC studios, and watch Garth Brooks LIVE. It was great. We went and eat at the Mels Diner, from the movie American Graffiti.

FrEEbiZ4Me
03-22-2004, 07:50 PM
I was just searching the internet for talk shows that we could attend i know sharon osbourne and jay leno are in la anyone else?

advocate
03-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Dr Phil is in LA and the game shows are always popular, there used to be website that had all the free tickets on it to game shows and tv show tapings, anybody know what site Im talking about? That stuff is free and if you go to The Price is Right you could win something.

PreciousDarlin
03-22-2004, 09:03 PM
I've been to Sea World, Universal Studios (twice), Knottsberry Farms, Disneyland, the Hollywood Wax Museum, and Catalina Island. I think I probably had the most fun at Knotsberry Farms, but then again, I was only 8. I would love to go back to the Wax Museum now that I'm older and can appreciate things more. And if I had the chance, I would take the ferry over to Catalina Island and spend the day over there on the beach. They have some shopping over there too. You can take a glass-bottom boat ride which is the most awesome thing ever. You can see everything under the boat, fish and stingrays and everything else. It is definately something that I would LOVE to do again.

JWWB2000
03-23-2004, 06:28 AM
Can you bring me back a burrito, PLEASE? LOL I lived in San Diego for over 4 years and loved going up to Six Flags Magic Mountain. I went to Disneyland but wasn't too impressed, must have been the company I was with :)! If you like Mexican food, you will be very happy with it out there. I MISS Alberto's, Filaberto's, Javier's, ect Mexican places. They are nothing fancy but cheap and REALLY good!!!! OH and this is a must if you like burgers, IN and Out!! They use only fresh meat, nothing is frozen, not even the fries!! They have the best burgers!!!! Oh and there is Disney's California Adventure to go and see. I wasn't able to go there while living in San Diego b/c it was just getting finished as we were moving to Maryland :( Like someone mentioned before, you can get tickets to go on game shows, The Price Is Right, talk shows like Jay Leno, Dr Phil, ect. You can always say you went to Rodeo Drive and walk around. Who knows who you might bump into there. Just be careful and you will have loads of fun. Oh, Las Vegas is like a 3 hour trip from LA if you are interested!!!!!

FrEEbiZ4Me
03-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Thank you guys again for the information!! I really appreciate it!

BigLyd1
03-23-2004, 01:00 PM
Ah yes, In and Out Burgers. You've got to stop by one of those. I don't know if you're into museums but the Getty Museum is supposed to be really nice. Just be prepared for any kind of weather. We could be in the middle of a heat wave or could have an unusually cool night.

Kelsey1224
03-23-2004, 02:15 PM
Hey...I live in LA and it's not that weird. Theme parks are expensive but we have mountains and beaches within a half hour of each other.

May does have June gloom...but that is mainly a description of the morning hours. The afternoons are beautiful, as are the evenings.

I just recently moved from Burbank (still work there) and there is NBC Studios and Universal Studios close by. (There is also Warner Bros. and Disney Studios, but they don't have tours.)

Anaheim has Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, as well as Knott's Berry Farm.

The worse part of the area is that you are facing total urbanization for miles and miles, and lots of traffic.

As for the weirdos...they are usually fairly isolated. Most of the time you just see normal people going about their day-to-day business.

Have fun!!!

FrEEbiZ4Me
03-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Another question what type of clothing should i bring? Should i bring my swimsuit?

lol can you tell this is my first time going to LA.