PDA

View Full Version : RAOK Have To Look To See What It Is....

tsquared
03-17-2004, 02:21 PM
I will send 5 different people a rebate certificate for a free bag of Hersheys Easter Candy.
There is this catch.....You have to list 3 people currently on BBS and say something good about them. It MUST BE MORE THAN ....THEY ARE THE GREATEST..... Two or three sentences of why they are great people.
FIRST 5 PEOPLE TO POST HERE WITH ABOVE DIRECTIONS WILL GET A FORM MAILED TO THEM FREE. :)

evrita
03-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Lets see
unicornmom773 Is a wonderful person she is kind and always has a kind word and an ear to Lend she also has 4 kids OH MY !!She is very giving even though she is on a tight budget and she needs a night out with the girls too

Next is HiYa! She rocks is a really funny caring person who thinks of other and is funny. She tells it how it is no nonsense kind of gal she like to give Smmmooooccchhhhhhhhhhhhhessssssss when people are down and doesnt let on when things are going rough for her.

Ok last but not least ezmoney163 she is a great person and very pregnant oh yeah ithelps her due date is my bday lol. Se does great RAOK and gets crap for doing it from trolls. She gives and doesnt expect in return.Also last but not least she can make people laugh and she has spunk.

Jolie Rouge
03-17-2004, 02:34 PM
The Fugitive is my best Secret Pal ever ! He is a great guy with a wonderful sence of humor. Big hug to Christy Goo for setting it up - about two years ago.

Jaybird is my Best Friend. She has a sick and twisted sense of humor -- which is great because it is something else we have in common. (( Three Months >>> ))

Raven is a sweetie, she is always thinking of how she can help and encourage others. She is blessed with a giving heart.

World of Dan is great, altough she is rather busy with Real Life, so she hasn't been posting much, but she still keeps in touch via email and snailmail.

Creole Queen is my sister, although she is more of a lurker, she is here sometimes when I am on and likes to add her comments via me. She is one of the most caring people you ever want to meet. Her only fault is that she can't say "NO" when someone asks for help ( usually me :rolleyes: )

Mighty Man is my Buddy and adopted "Little Brother". He is smart and funny and I wish he didn't live so far away 'cause we'd have a great time just shooting the bull.

New Wiccan is such a great person and Mother - I can't wait for her little one to arrive. She has been so strong when her husband was deployed overseas, she sets a wonderful example for the rest of us.

Mesue -- although we are ofter on the opposite sides of a debate, I have to say she is always well mannered, well spoken and considered. She thinks out her points and often gives me insights that I may not have considered. Her arguements are intellegent, and she understands that while we may not agree on some points, that disagreeing with her is not intended as a slam or a personal attack. I *LOVE* to debate with her, because we both understand that it is never personal and I think we can both leave a discussion richer for the exchange.

I am sure I can think of some more later ....

LadyBones
03-17-2004, 02:52 PM
well davesbabydoll i think is a very sweet person because when there is a problem she is there for you with an open mind and always saying nice things to make you feel better

You T always has something nice to say, i can't find anywhere where you had something bad to say about anyone.

ShellyG is also a wonderful person, always trying to do right and never a bad saying comes out of her mouth oh and giving Huggles to everyone

dealsRus
03-17-2004, 02:53 PM
I will have to say:

You are a sweetheart for doing a RAOK, and not just any RAOK - This is a neat one, a chance to show that we can say something good about one another!

SheaSherry-She is very kind, also very giving. She helps one another and is always there when you need her. She was very sweet to send my dear friend's neice a get well card along with a gift! THANK YOU!

unicornmom- She is also a very nice person, she is in the 7month swap with me and she went out of her way with the gifts that she sent. She is another one that sent my dear friend's neice a get well card. I thank you very much!

Twinstermom- I have not seen her around in a while, but she was also a great lady. She was very easy to get in contact with, she put others before herself. She was very giving even if she didn't have what she needed. Thank you! I miss you very much Regina!

I am sure we all could list tons of people on here. BBS is a great board, and I would like to thank everyone on here for such support and kindess!:D ;) :) :cool: ;) :D :) ;) :p :D

sheasherry
03-17-2004, 03:50 PM
well "t" i just couldnt do it ...its a great raok but it is just way to hard to pick out three people to say nice things about on this bbs boards ...there are just to many great people here to pick ...but iam bumping this up for you..so you have a great day ...sherry

tsquared
03-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Come on now i need 1 more person.............

jaybird
03-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Since this is over, I want to edit my reply out, rather than risk hurting any feelings by not mentioning all my close friends here. :)

jaybird
03-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Ack, I thought the goodies went to who we 'nominated.' I should learn to read better.

Check your pm's tball.

tsquared
03-17-2004, 07:11 PM
pms checked birdy...and you know anything is possible.

Taegus
03-17-2004, 08:31 PM
I just want to say that this about the coolest RAOK contest ever....I love reading all these cool things about members. What a nifty way to give a RAOK....

I know that it is already gone, but the idea was so neat I wanted to add my 2 cents worth. I am not really "friends" with anyone on the boards - meaning I don't really e-mail or snail mail or call anyone, but I do have several people that are my favorites and this is a perfect opportunity to express it. Here goes:

JAIMETHEPOOH - She always has such neat advice on the RC board. Whenever I have asked her a question, she has gone out of her way to make sure I got an answer.

PATCHOULI - Aside from being one of my favorite scents (haha), I have done exchanges where I have been matched up with her, and she was wonderful in the exchanges. Also, in the RC board she is always giving links that are extremely useful/interesting.

NINK - NINK always has nice things to say about people, she is patient and kind and has kind of been kicked around a little lately. I want her to know that just because one person is upset with her that not everyone is. She is a really great person, I have been on a "sample train" with her, and when she thought it got lost after she sent it out, she took it upon herself to send out another box - but the first one wasn't lost, it just got held up in the mail. She went above and beyond what she had to.

ShelleyG & WhiteQueen & EZmoney for all the RAOK that they set up for those that really need/deserve with no expectation of anything in return.

I could go on and on but I have to end with:

:)tsquared:) for coming up with the coolest RAOK contest ever because it not only helps those receiving the forms, but also everyone that got kudos on the board for being the great people that they are - and that, I think, is better than the forms by far! (not that the forms are a bad ROAK, I just think the kudos for everyone is the BEST! :) )

NINK
03-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Taegus: thanx sweetie! people like you make me just love this place, i am so happy to think that i was one of the people you thought of:)

there are so many great people here, i can't even list them all as i am afraid i'd leave some one out.

Taegus
03-18-2004, 08:08 AM
:) No Problem NINK! Just speakin' the truth!

Have a great day!