PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Degree Burns-Ouch

KATinKY
03-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Ok, I sm curious, is anyone on here on Lexapro or Vistrail and ever got sunburned really easy or gotten burned in the tannning bed, see I am use to going to the tanning bed, same lotion, same bed, etc, and I started news medicines, and I ended up with 2nd degree burns, went to the ER and they said 1st, which was a Wednesday at night, because this happened that day, and so I hurt and burned so bad, I went to the Er that night, and they gave me percocets, and bandages, and loiton for it, and then my docotr said she couldnt even get me in untill the 30th of this month, what a crock, I am so burning then, and she cant see me, so I get into one of the clinics around here and the doctor there which this is Saturday said i had second degree burns and took me off percocets and gave me loratabs, and more cream, and said i will more likely have scars, the day I burned I called the pharmacy and asked if any of these pills were sun-sensitizing (however you spell that) and he said the vistaril is a little but lexapro would definetly burn me, what the heck, why isnt it in the pamlets and why didnt some one warn me, I was so bad off, I couldnt even hold my own baby for several days, and yesterday was the first time I could even take a shower, so has anyone heard such a thing. I wanted to post earlier, but everyone else seem to have more problems, so I didnt feel like it right then... Thanx for letting me vent..ok I will post one picture on here, we took pictures of this and we used the newspaper to state the date we did this, I think this was like 2 days later.
It wont let me add a picture, so if ya want to see the pictures you can go here, dont have to register...
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=10wj7u8b.c42we1tj&x=0&y=nec747

freeby4me
03-16-2004, 07:22 PM
Wow that sounds absolutely horrible. Im so sorry that happened! Yes I agree, They should have as much information in the pamphlets so everyone knows all about it. Please keep us up on how things go for you.

catdance
03-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Yes, I used Lexapro, and it is sitting in my bathroom, I burned easier regardless if I had been recently or not. Most bed's must provide an updated medical info list that states which med's can be effected more easily than other's, except, since Lexapro is a "sister" of Celexa, which came from some other drug, I am sure.. it maybe you didn't "put that togeher" if there was a warning poster in your tanning place and these I think only have to be updated, yearly. I would totally ask your tanning bed operator's WHY thaey don't have a list of drug-reactive med's listed, if they didn't.
Also, I think, since "tanning" is so frowned upon, unless you actually asked your Pharmacist about a reaction to a tanning bed, on these med's..I can see why they didn't say it..
I am sorry that look's really painful, sweet's..

Take good care of yourself.

aimefisher
03-16-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm on Lexapro but because of the neighbors I am a hermit.

aneisu
03-16-2004, 08:34 PM
I don't think lexapro is a sun sensitive drug. Trust me I've been on some that were with 2nd degree burns twice (i burn easily). I've been on Lexapro for almost a year without any problems. Its possible the two together caused a reaction. hope you feel better :)

catdance
03-16-2004, 09:12 PM
anyone want my Lexapro!!!! LOL!.
Actually, I called my Walgreen's and they did say it is very possible to burn more easily while using it, also depends on the newness of the bulb's, and it made me shake alot.

aimefisher
03-16-2004, 09:34 PM
http://www.depression-stress-relief.com/lexapro.html

jonette5
03-16-2004, 09:47 PM
OMG! You poor thing! I looked at those pictures and almost cried in pain for ya! I sure hope you get better soon and heal fine with no scars!
((((HUGS))))

TX_Cowgirl
03-17-2004, 05:31 AM
hope you are doing better

YankeeMary
03-17-2004, 05:47 AM
Last year I was burnt horribly...cut strips of brown paper bags soak them in vinegar and apply them to your skin...it will draw the burn out...at least it did for me. Good Luck hope you heal quickly.

rlynn411
03-17-2004, 06:20 AM
Thats looks very painful. I'm curious didn't the place where you tanned have a medication list posted, naming drugs,cosmetics etc that may cause you to be more sensitive while tanning? Where I go they have it by the sign it sheet, several places throught out salon and in each and every tanning room. When you sign in you even have to check that these list have been made available and you have read them. I thought legally they had to be posted.

Hope you feel better soon!

Quaker_Parrots
03-17-2004, 06:58 AM
Did they not give you silvadean(sp) cream? I was burned bad at work one time(sking actually pealed off, sorry to be so graphic) they put silvadean cream on me at the ER, and I didn't have any scars after I healed(took about a year for all the redness to go out though). Hope you get to feeling better, and I would be questioning your tanning salon, if I were you.

schsa
03-17-2004, 07:50 AM
I just looked up Lexapro in my drug database and there isn't anything saying that you will be more sun sensitive. I would like to know where your pharmacist got that information because basically he is looking at the same information that I am.

I will say, that with the drugs I am taking right now, I know that I am more sensitive to the sun and I have to be more careful about being outside for long periods of time. It makes me very dizzy.

You might want to consider using some sort of sun screen. Even if sun senesitivity isn't listed it doesn't mean it can't happen.

KATinKY
03-17-2004, 08:00 AM
yes they gave me silver sulfadiazine cream, actually I have been through 3 of them already. as for the tanning beds, she does have a list of medicines up in her walls, but there was no signs for lexapro or vistaril, they were not in her books, or her list she gets. I know there are several cases i had found researching these on both lexapro and vistaril, and vistaril were on alot of web sites talking aboout being sun-sensitivty, so I dont know, I just cant figure out why I wasnt warned. and Quaker_Parrots, my skin also peeled and I have a few sores from it, and the clinic did tell me there will be some scarring, I hope she is wrong and i dont, either way there should be some kind of warning.

Quaker_Parrots
03-17-2004, 08:41 AM
When I had my accident at work, it was with boiling water/grease (over 400 degrees) so mine peeled immediately(actually it kinda just slid off). I hope you are as fortunate as I was, and aren't left with scarring, and that the pain goes away soon. burns are no fun, and I will be thinking of you, and hope you make a complete recovery, and also, find the source of the problem(which mediceine did it)

BigLyd1
03-17-2004, 11:39 AM
I accidentally spilled boiling water on my upper thigh one time. The skin just peeled like a banana. But it left no scarring. I didn't even think to go to the ER then :rolleyes:

fluffone
03-17-2004, 05:15 PM
For your severe burns go to the Bath and Body Works. Buy a product in the Aromatherapy line tension release massage lotion with Spearmint and Eucalyptus. The bottle cost $12.00 for 8 ounces. This actually works on first degree burns and it is very soothing according to the sales person at the store. Hope this helps you

catdance
03-17-2004, 09:25 PM
I can respond about he fact that Lexapro can make one more sensistive to sun, artifical or not, every body is different, so every body will have a different respone to almost anything..meaning, this situation and mine the like's did not make "status quote". Argo, not available information.

Linus1223
03-17-2004, 09:45 PM
You should ALWAYS be careful of the sun/tanning beds when you take new medicine..