PDA

View Full Version : question about ebay seller fees

irrelevant0
03-15-2004, 06:42 PM
i am finally going to try to sale some stuff on ebay, but i am a little confused on one thing:

are you automatically charged a fee each month for being a seller, or are you only charged when you actually sale something?

also, if you purchase something, will the cost of the item automatically be debited from your account and sent to the person you are buying the item from?

thanks a bunch for any help. :)

babymaniac
03-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Well there is a listing fee and a few other things .And then there is the final value fee based on what the item finally sells for.But before you submit listing there is a thing telling you how much it is going to cost you to list. As far as I know, you are not charged for just being a member.At least I never have been.Hope this makes sense

buttrfli
03-15-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by irrelevant0
i am finally going to try to sale some stuff on ebay, but i am a little confused on one thing:

are you automatically charged a fee each month for being a seller, or are you only charged when you actually sale something?

also, if you purchase something, will the cost of the item automatically be debited from your account and sent to the person you are buying the item from?

thanks a bunch for any help. :)

1. you are not charged for being a seller - only when you sell something

2. when you buy something, ebay does not debit anything, payment is strictly between you and the seller. For example: if I bought something from you, you set what type of payment I can make (money order, paypal, etc) and then I will send you payment.

gloria96
03-15-2004, 11:05 PM
Heres a fee calculator for ebay and paypal fees.

http://home.alltel.net/micrep/fees.html