PDA

View Full Version : I can't stand this

dog$
03-14-2004, 08:46 PM
I just logged on my PC and turn on the browser and noticed my default page has changed. I get a bunch of nasty pop ups, and a window takes over my screen that I need to close it by pressing Alt 4. Other times, my page would changed to some site that open my CD Rom and DVD driver and say some crap. Tonight I did some ran some software, it detected at least 2 dozen spywares.

I just want to enjoy my time without all these annoyances. I guess that isn't possible or permanent, as these probably comes back in a week or so. :rolleyes: :mad:

AngelGrim
03-14-2004, 09:13 PM
I worked on my sister in laws computer this afternoon for 3-4 hours and she had 55 viruses, and it detected 254 spyware programs, it was awful. Took me forever to get it fixed. Grrrrrrrr so I know just what your talking about.

twinkiesmom
03-14-2004, 10:27 PM
If u are running Kazaa, there's a million spywares just from them.

Donnagg123
03-15-2004, 08:04 AM
If you want to change your home page back, go to Tools then Internet Options then the first line should say homepage and you can change it to whatever you want :) Also, do you have adaware? I use that and also I use http://www.spywareinfo.com/xscan.php (someone else posted this a while back). I am usually able to get rid of everything between the two because sometimes adaware misses stuff. HTH and GL :)

JWWB2000
03-15-2004, 09:44 AM
What a pain!!! I feel for you and anyone else who has had to deal with this crap!!