PDA

View Full Version : Woke up to a bug on my arm 5:30am

PrncsNYC
03-14-2004, 12:05 PM
I totally freaked out. My eyes opened and there it was..a beetle or a cockroach not sure. I shook it off jumped up and turned on the light. I am usually not great about killing bugs but let me tell you, I had no problem with this one. Then I was so freaked out I couldn't even think about going back to sleep.

Not a great way to start the day...

freeby4me
03-14-2004, 12:13 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: What a horrible way to wake up! Im glad you got em good. :)

ezmoney163
03-14-2004, 12:44 PM
:eek:

VALENA-)45
03-14-2004, 01:10 PM
IT IS A TERRIBLE WAY TO WAKE UP. I READ YOUR POST AND LAUGHED. IT REMINED ME OF WHEN IT HAPPENED TO ME. I WOKE UP MY BABY AND TOLD HIM TO KILL IT!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD NOT GO BACK TO SLEEP AND KEPT HIM UP WITH ME. I'M SORRY I LAUGHED, BUT I COULDN'T HELP IT.

Eyore
03-14-2004, 02:38 PM
I can relate. A few weeks ago I woke up to something buzzing in my hair. I sat beating my hair and head trying to get it out. I thought a bee of some kind was in my hair. Luckly it was just a house fly but it scared the crap out of me.

schsa
03-14-2004, 05:16 PM
My cat has started bringing in Palmetto bugs (oversized bugs that live in the pine trees but occassionally get lost and end up in your home for no particular reason). He does loose one on occassion and you can find them crawling wherever the cat dropped them, like on your blankets near your head. Not fun but then chasing the mice that he lets go in the house is not fun either. Or the frogs or the baby rabbit.

ladybugbhb
03-14-2004, 05:21 PM
when i was a little girl, we lived on a farm. i woke up one morning with a little mouse sitting on my chest. i was about 6!!! i could not move i screamed for my mommy!!!!!

queenangie
03-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Bet that scared you half to death this morning!

What a way to wake up!

Dolly<3
03-14-2004, 08:56 PM
EEK! :eek: My house has become a cricket graveyard since I got my cat. He just likes to play with them! So when I see them I take them outside. It's kinda hard for me b/c I HATE crickets...they're so ugly and scary looking. I know they don't hurt tho so I do it.

One time there was a spider on my bed (when I was with my x) and I refused to go to bed. I put two chairs together and slept like that b/c I thought it was harder for them to get up the metal on the bottom of the chairs...hehehehe

Then he finally talked me into going to bed and I "made" him sleep covering as much of me as possible with his body.

Man, if these bugs only knew the power they have!! :D

JWWB2000
03-16-2004, 07:58 AM
I HATE BUGS!!! ANY KIND. SPIDERS ARE THE WORST FOR ME AND I FREAK OUT WHEN THERE IS ONE TINY ONE IN THE HOUSE!! I really do feel for ya!!!

PrncsNYC
03-16-2004, 08:51 AM
Each night since this happened has been spent wondering if there is going to be another one crawling on me! I hate it. I hvae read several times that a person eats an average of 8 spiders a year. I just keep thinking, what if that thing had gotten in my mouth?

Gross. I'm going to be ill.

CarolinaDixie
03-18-2004, 12:04 PM
ok, i know it's not funny, but i admit i have a little smile on my face. reminded me of a recent phone call from my son. his wife is really afraid of bugs, spiders & mice, even rubber toy ones. on this day, my son's cat had caught a small mouse. my son told me that my 2 yr old grandson took it away from the cat, held it between his thumb & forefinger & chased his mother with it, scaring her, I'm sure. I told my son that I bet Bradley thought that was funny, & he said "so did I"...I can just see that, as I can see you waking up with a bug on your arm...

Trishntx
03-20-2004, 08:52 AM
Here in Texas during the summer, we have those giant flying tree roaches that always seem to wander in your house. Try sleeping after knocking one of those grotesque creatures off your face. They are so fast, that once you have swooped it away, and turned on the light. It has conveniently crawled up under your bed.
Needless to say, you spend the rest of the night with the light on, and staring at the ceiling.

Not looking forward to summer!

VALENA-)45
03-21-2004, 02:16 PM
THIS IS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST POST I HAVE READ IN A LONG TIME. ALL OF YOU HAVE ME LAUGHING. I KNOW THAT WHEN THESE THINGS HAPPENED TO EACH OF YOU IT WAS NOT FUNNY, BUT, READING IT NOW JUST MAKE ME LAUGH HARDER. THANKS FOR THE LAUGHS.

Unicornmom77
03-21-2004, 02:35 PM
EEKKKK!! Scary scary!! I hate bugs also, of any kind!!

but lmao at some of the posts!

laughsalot
03-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Sometime last summer I was sitting here on the computer and I caught a glimpse of something flash by. Well I yanked my head around and I could see a mouses tail. I flipped out. It was around midnight and I went and got my hubby up and he said it wont hurt you and went back to bed. Well good god, you know I kept hearing noises and couldnt sleep at all that night. The next morning I was sitting up with all the lights on watching tv and he says what are you doing up so I told him I couldnt sleep. He said well how big was this mouse?! I told him it was huge, it had to be a rat cause it had a huge tail. Well we set some traps and got some of those pie things and put them under the house. We got a mouse and it was so tiny, made me feel like a fool. LMAO!!
I can just see you jumping up at 530 am with a bug on your arm. I am so sorry but this thread has cracked me up. We will all be sleeping with one eye open!!:D